Thanks Thanks:  17
Likes Likes:  32
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Torque converter / transmission supplier research

1. Top Of Page | #21

User Info Menu

Re: Torque converter / transmission supplier research

Quote Originally Posted by Noneck View Post
    Thanks Brian. I emailed revmax yesterday after reading thru this thread and the goerend page. I was considering doing the same as you with goerend convertor and Revmax vb. Depending on the price difference I may use the BD convertor with revmax vb. That $900 input shaft is pricey. Only goerend seems to recommend it tho. Don't know if it's because of how they design their convertor or not although I'm sure it's good insurance. That would put me in the 3k range. At that point do I just bite the bullet and do a whole trans? Ugh...decisions to fix crap that ain't broke!
    I am struggling with the same thought!!

Greg
    2012 | RAM 2500 | CCSB | Custom tuned by Double R Diesel
    2016 | Heartland Pioneer | DS310

Greg
    2019 | RAM 2500 | CCSB | 6.4 HEMI

2. Thanks Muskiebri thanked for this post
    Likes Noneck, Muskiebri liked this post
  3. Top Of Page | #22

User Info Menu

Bump -

Sent from my Z958 using Tapatalk

4. Top Of Page | #23

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Noneck View Post
    Thanks Brian. I emailed revmax yesterday after reading thru this thread and the goerend page. I was considering doing the same as you with goerend convertor and Revmax vb. Depending on the price difference I may use the BD convertor with revmax vb. That $900 input shaft is pricey. Only goerend seems to recommend it tho. Don't know if it's because of how they design their convertor or not although I'm sure it's good insurance. That would put me in the 3k range. At that point do I just bite the bullet and do a whole trans? Ugh...decisions to fix crap that ain't broke!

Sent from my SM-G935U using Tapatalk
    Like you and Power247, I was struggling with that as well.

Ryan at ATS in Janesville told me that he sends many converters back to the conerter manufacturer to extract the broken input shafts that are stuck in them. And there's usually progressive damage to the converter. Ryan said many of those engines weren't even making 500 hp or 900 ft-lbs of torque. So based on that, I decided to buy the $725 input shaft from Goerend.

I asked RevMax why they didn't put the billet input shaft in their 550 Signature Series tranny, which is rated at 550 horsepower at the wheels, or 660 flywheel horsepower. Tom said it was cost and not necessarily because it didn't need it. He didn't use exactly those words but he definitely said it was due to cost. So that wasn't too convincing. That's when I decided to bite the bullet and get the billet shaft even though a lot of people say I probably don't need it. Peace of mind came at the price of $725.

2014 Laramie 2500 CCSB - DRD MM3 Tuning, H&S SX-E 66mm Turbo Kit (DRD Giveaway #2), RevMax VB, Goerend Low Stall Converter & Billet Input Shaft, CA625 Head Studs, Custom Offsets MKW M95 Wheels, Nitto 11.5x35-R20 Ridge Grapplers, Carbon Fiber Vinyl Wrapped Rockers, Wrapped Bumpers & Grille, Thuren Springs & Swaybar, Phantom Sun Light Bar, Westin Rear Booster Pods, Retroshop HIDs & Fogs & Backup LEDs, Wireless Air Lift 5000, Flo-Pro 4" SST Exhaust, FTEDiesel 30" resonator, AMP Bed Step, Rebadged, Truxport Tonneau, Undercoated, Alpine Sub & Amp, and more. Matt 22:37, Proverbs 16:24

5. Likes Noneck, Power247 liked this post
  6. Top Of Page | #24

User Info Menu

And as you can see, I have a little unwanted experience in this area...

https://www.dropbox.com/sc/r0mrwgp1h...eqTuzYchmQemma

2014 Laramie 2500 CCSB - DRD MM3 Tuning, H&S SX-E 66mm Turbo Kit (DRD Giveaway #2), RevMax VB, Goerend Low Stall Converter & Billet Input Shaft, CA625 Head Studs, Custom Offsets MKW M95 Wheels, Nitto 11.5x35-R20 Ridge Grapplers, Carbon Fiber Vinyl Wrapped Rockers, Wrapped Bumpers & Grille, Thuren Springs & Swaybar, Phantom Sun Light Bar, Westin Rear Booster Pods, Retroshop HIDs & Fogs & Backup LEDs, Wireless Air Lift 5000, Flo-Pro 4" SST Exhaust, FTEDiesel 30" resonator, AMP Bed Step, Rebadged, Truxport Tonneau, Undercoated, Alpine Sub & Amp, and more. Matt 22:37, Proverbs 16:24

7. Thanks elcubano thanked for this post
    Likes elcubano liked this post
  8. Top Of Page | #25

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Muskiebri View Post
    And as you can see, I have a little unwanted experience in this area...

https://www.dropbox.com/sc/r0mrwgp1h...eqTuzYchmQemma
    Ouch!!

Greg
    2012 | RAM 2500 | CCSB | Custom tuned by Double R Diesel
    2016 | Heartland Pioneer | DS310

Greg
    2019 | RAM 2500 | CCSB | 6.4 HEMI

9. Likes Muskiebri liked this post
  10. Top Of Page | #26

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Muskiebri View Post
    Like you and Power247, I was struggling with that as well.

Ryan at ATS in Janesville told me that he sends many converters back to the conerter manufacturer to extract the broken input shafts that are stuck in them. And there's usually progressive damage to the converter. Ryan said many of those engines weren't even making 500 hp or 900 ft-lbs of torque. So based on that, I decided to buy the $725 input shaft from Goerend.

I asked RevMax why they didn't put the billet input shaft in their 550 Signature Series tranny, which is rated at 550 horsepower at the wheels, or 660 flywheel horsepower. Tom said it was cost and not necessarily because it didn't need it. He didn't use exactly those words but he definitely said it was due to cost. So that wasn't too convincing. That's when I decided to bite the bullet and get the billet shaft even though a lot of people say I probably don't need it. Peace of mind came at the price of $725.
    Billet is the only way to go bud it is virtually indestructible awesome stuff

2012 Cummins Ram 6.7L MM3 tuner full 5" Flo Pro TBE Exhaust LWBCC 4x4 Mag Hytec Double Deep Transmission Pan , Mag Hytec Rear Diff Cover
    Airlift part # 57595 7500lbs airbags ,Nitto Ridge Grapplers 35/12.50/20 on XD 829 Big Hoss ll Satin Black Machined Dark Tint 20 x 9 with + 18 offset rims,MM3 Tuner With full Custom Tunes by Ray at DRD , Autometer A13117 Pillar Pod , Edge 98004 mount adapter , Mag Hytec front diff cover, SuperNova V4 LED Headlight Bulbs

11. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS, Muskiebri thanked for this post
    Likes IGOTACUMMINS, Muskiebri liked this post
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123