Thanks Thanks:  1
Likes Likes:  4
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Getting Irritated!

1. Top Of Page | #1

User Info Menu

Getting Irritated!

i dont know if this is normal.....and every diesel mechanic tells me something different. hopefully somebody else is having this issue as well. i have a 2015 cummins SRW. i just deleted at 30k miles because i want at lest 200k out of this truck. i went with a raceme and a flopro exhaust on the stock size pipe. every now and then (but getting more frequent) my RPM'S start jumping like the someone is bouncing there foot on the gas pedal. it does it for about 10 seconds. sometimes its just the sound out of the exhaust, sometimes i see it on the raceme screen. i have tried the 30hp tune and i am currently running the stock power with deletes. i really want to get at least 100k out of my tranny and i tow a 30 ft travel trailer in the summer. i am actually debating putting all the DEF and EGR back on because the truck actually ran smoother. i love the cummins and my truck, but ever since i deleted it has been one little thing after another. some say to run a 60hp or even the 120hp tune but i dont want to hurt anything since the rest of my truck is stock. i have heard you can burn up cylinders buy towing on those settings. anybody have this she issue that can give me a real fix or tested and trued advice?? sorry for the rant, took me a long time to buy my first cummins and i was fortunate enough to get a brand new one. i just want it to run as smooth as it did brand new.

2. Top Of Page | #2

User Info Menu

Re: Getting Irritated!

Warp

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

2014 RAM 2500 TRADESMAN "SMOKED A BIT TURBO LIT AND THAT WAS IT"

3. Likes Yamaha242LS liked this post
  4. Top Of Page | #3

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by chenoweth122 View Post
    i dont know if this is normal.....and every diesel mechanic tells me something different. hopefully somebody else is having this issue as well. i have a 2015 cummins SRW. i just deleted at 30k miles because i want at lest 200k out of this truck. i went with a raceme and a flopro exhaust on the stock size pipe. every now and then (but getting more frequent) my RPM'S start jumping like the someone is bouncing there foot on the gas pedal. it does it for about 10 seconds. sometimes its just the sound out of the exhaust, sometimes i see it on the raceme screen. i have tried the 30hp tune and i am currently running the stock power with deletes. i really want to get at least 100k out of my tranny and i tow a 30 ft travel trailer in the summer. i am actually debating putting all the DEF and EGR back on because the truck actually ran smoother. i love the cummins and my truck, but ever since i deleted it has been one little thing after another. some say to run a 60hp or even the 120hp tune but i dont want to hurt anything since the rest of my truck is stock. i have heard you can burn up cylinders buy towing on those settings. anybody have this she issue that can give me a real fix or tested and trued advice?? sorry for the rant, took me a long time to buy my first cummins and i was fortunate enough to get a brand new one. i just want it to run as smooth as it did brand new.
    I suggest you get the warp tuning from Ray @Double R Diesel he is a tuning GOD

2012 Cummins Ram 6.7L MM3 tuner full 5" Flo Pro TBE Exhaust LWBCC 4x4 Mag Hytec Double Deep Transmission Pan , Mag Hytec Rear Diff Cover
    Airlift part # 57595 7500lbs airbags ,Nitto Ridge Grapplers 35/12.50/20 on XD 829 Big Hoss ll Satin Black Machined Dark Tint 20 x 9 with + 18 offset rims,MM3 Tuner With full Custom Tunes by Ray at DRD , Autometer A13117 Pillar Pod , Edge 98004 mount adapter , Mag Hytec front diff cover, SuperNova V4 LED Headlight Bulbs

5. Thanks Polaraco thanked for this post
    Likes Polaraco liked this post
  6. Top Of Page | #4

User Info Menu

Is it a light fluctuation? If so I'm pretty sure you are hearing the veins in the turbo opening and closing. This assuming you are in park and at idle.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

7. Likes fourteen liked this post
  8. Top Of Page | #5

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Thake618 View Post
    Is it a light fluctuation? If so I'm pretty sure you are hearing the veins in the turbo opening and closing. This assuming you are in park and at idle.

No, this is driving. Mainly in town from a takeoff. All under 35 mph. Light throttle, although last time it did it I stepped into it and it accelerated while still doing it. It's few and far between but seems to happen about once a week now.

9. Top Of Page | #6

User Info Menu

Did you check for codes even without a check engine light. That's bizzar

10. Top Of Page | #7

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Thake618 View Post
    Did you check for codes even without a check engine light. That's bizzar

no codes

11. Top Of Page | #8

User Info Menu

so far i have turned my exhaust break off when in town. it hasn't done it yet........ maybe there is something going on there.. i am trying to rule things out at this point.

12. Top Of Page | #9

User Info Menu

Do you have your EGR deleted also? I have read somewhere you need all the connections used to be unplugged at the least...

13. Likes SeveredCummins14 liked this post
  14. Top Of Page | #10

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by ChasManDo View Post
    Do you have your EGR deleted also? I have read somewhere you need all the connections used to be unplugged at the least...
    yes, full EGR, def delete. it happened again yesterday with no exhaust break on....... that theory is toast. i have been thinking of getting tunes from Ray with Warp, but i am very hesitant to spend that kind of money and have the same problem.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast