Thanks Thanks:  4
Likes Likes:  13

Thread: Bed swap for ram boxes

1. Top Of Page | #1

User Info Menu

Bed swap for ram boxes

Has any one attempted to swap a bed and make all the lighting and locks work with a truck that didn't come with ram boxes?

Truck is a 2014 3500 SRW Laramie

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

2. Thanks david3gen, Burd thanked for this post
    Likes david3gen, Burd liked this post
  3. Top Of Page | #2

User Info Menu

Re: Bed swap for ram boxes

Wish my 8' bed could be swapped getting tired of m milkcrate falling apart. A few years before ram boxes (2007-ish) there were side boxes from the dealer that you could access from the side and they were sweet! The maker went out of business and along came ram boxes

Sent from my Studio XL 2 using Tapatalk

2012 2500 ST w/ manmual 4x4 from the auction w 16k miles - Upgrades so far - Leather, LED bed lights, HID projectors, Nav = Appradio3 w ARU unchained reloaded full touch screencast & tailgate handle backup camera, homemade front hitch and reciever w 12k lb winch, reverse lights, soft open tailgate, transfercase linkage mod, Ultra and deletes, folding back seat mod, Kicker hideaway under drivers seat, Fumoto valve and safety clip, new warrantied turbo at 16k. Rocker Aux panel switches, Ford fold away bed extender, inverter outlet mod, soon an overhead console. Pulling a 2001 Prokat 2200WA around on my days off.

4. Likes Cummins7, david3gen liked this post
  5. Top Of Page | #3

User Info Menu

It was the ram activgate. Wish I could find one!

Sent from my phone using Tapatalk

2012 2500 ST w/ manmual 4x4 from the auction w 16k miles - Upgrades so far - Leather, LED bed lights, HID projectors, Nav = Appradio3 w ARU unchained reloaded full touch screencast & tailgate handle backup camera, homemade front hitch and reciever w 12k lb winch, reverse lights, soft open tailgate, transfercase linkage mod, Ultra and deletes, folding back seat mod, Kicker hideaway under drivers seat, Fumoto valve and safety clip, new warrantied turbo at 16k. Rocker Aux panel switches, Ford fold away bed extender, inverter outlet mod, soon an overhead console. Pulling a 2001 Prokat 2200WA around on my days off.

6. Likes david3gen liked this post
  7. Top Of Page | #4

User Info Menu

I'm just looking to swap the whole bed I really dont think it would be all that hard to wire up though.

8. Likes david3gen, Burd liked this post
  9. Top Of Page | #5

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Cummins7 View Post
    I'm just looking to swap the whole bed I really dont think it would be all that hard to wire up though.

No, not at all if you could find one. Maybe a junk yard. Worst case you have to figure out the bake and trailer wiring, then add current from the battery or running lights to the box switches.

But I don't think ram is clever enough to have multiple harnesses. Probably plug and play bc of all the bed options the 3500 has also

Sent from my phone using Tapatalk

10. Thanks Cummins7 thanked for this post
    Likes Cummins7, david3gen liked this post
  11. Top Of Page | #6

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Cummins7 View Post
    Has any one attempted to swap a bed and make all the lighting and locks work with a truck that didn't come with ram boxes?

Truck is a 2014 3500 SRW Laramie

No i have'nt done that. But when you do post some pictures because i'm thinking about removing my bed to sand my frame in the nearby future

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2006 dodge ram 2500 laramie crew cab 5.9 cummins. 10x20 et-24 fuel offroad with 275.60r20 tires. bully dog gt tuner. 48re ATS built tranny triple disc converter ATS oilpan and transgo quick shifter. 4" turbo back exhaust. brembo discs and pads

12. Thanks Burd thanked for this post
    Likes Stewbuntu, Burd liked this post
  13. Top Of Page | #7

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by david3gen View Post
    No i have'nt done that. But when you do post some pictures because i'm thinking about removing my bed to sand my frame in the nearby future

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I may end up trading it, I kinda want a mega cab anyways.

14. Likes david3gen, Power247 liked this post