Thanks Thanks:  19
Likes Likes:  31
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: race me ultra ....not really happy

1. Top Of Page | #1

User Info Menu

race me ultra ....not really happy

i have the ultra on my 2013 with full deletes and 5 in exhaust ..on any of the tunes it seems to idle a little weird and if i get into it and let off it sounds like its running out of fuel and barely running .. so i run it on stock with deletes and get better mpgs than with it tuned i just updated it again to the newest firmware and now its not reading boost just shows me the little hour glass ...its gotten to the point that im ready to switch to efi and sell the ultra ...anyone have any similar problems if i can get it to run better id like to keep it ive already spent a good amount of money on it ...thank you

2. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
    Likes IGOTACUMMINS liked this post
  3. Top Of Page | #2

User Info Menu

Re: race me ultra ....not really happy

Is it custom tuned?

🏁Join us as Lifetime Platinum Member today!🏁

"The grass is greener where you water it"

4. Top Of Page | #3

User Info Menu

no just updated the tuner and running the tunes that came on it...and i have it on stock with deletes now and my turbo cuts in and out at low speed all the time

5. Top Of Page | #4

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by DieselMafia View Post
    i have the ultra on my 2013 with full deletes and 5 in exhaust ..on any of the tunes it seems to idle a little weird and if i get into it and let off it sounds like its running out of fuel and barely running .. so i run it on stock with deletes and get better mpgs than with it tuned i just updated it again to the newest firmware and now its not reading boost just shows me the little hour glass ...its gotten to the point that im ready to switch to efi and sell the ultra ...anyone have any similar problems if i can get it to run better id like to keep it ive already spent a good amount of money on it ...thank you
    Yeah the box tunes aren't really the greatest, just like with EFI, when you get custom tuning everything seems to work in sync with each other. So I know you don't want to spend the money on the custom tuning but it's worth it. The box tunes are a "one size fits all" type of hat.

6. Thanks Hulk thanked for this post
  7. Top Of Page | #5

User Info Menu

im not sure it just seems like the way it runs even a one size fits all tune should run better than that ...i dont know if i want to get the custom tunes if i could stop mine from running like crap when i get into it at all i would keep it ........does anyone know if you can switch from the ultra to efi by just tuning it back to stock

8. Thanks Hulk thanked for this post
  9. Top Of Page | #6

User Info Menu

You need a custom tune from @Double R Diesel. He can make your truck perfect.

🏁Join us as Lifetime Platinum Member today!🏁

"The grass is greener where you water it"

10. Top Of Page | #7

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by DieselMafia View Post
    im not sure it just seems like the way it runs even a one size fits all tune should run better than that ...i dont know if i want to get the custom tunes if i could stop mine from running like crap when i get into it at all i would keep it ........does anyone know if you can switch from the ultra to efi by just tuning it back to stock
    On the RaceMe website one of the updates says no unlock possible from the truck anymore. Honestly there were a lot of complaints from the box tuning, but when Ray offered his Warp tuning all problems ceased. I'm not trying to sway your decision one way or another, but the box tunes def are not the best setup for specific trucks. Is your truck an auto, and did you do the EGR delete or just unplug the EGR stuff?

11. Top Of Page | #8

User Info Menu

What settings do you normally run other than stock power with deletes? @DieselMafia

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

12. Likes beans20 liked this post
  13. Top Of Page | #9

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Cummins7 View Post
    What settings do you normally run other than stock power with deletes? @DieselMafia

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk
    Thats another good question!

14. Top Of Page | #10

User Info Menu

my truck is an auto and i did all the deletes and ive messed with a couple different setups mostly 60hp and low levels of timing nothing crazy but if i get into it at all it goes like crazy but when i let off it wants to die and sounds like its barely running and also after the update it doesnt read boost trying to figure that out...id love to get custom tunes if it would make it run better

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast