Likes Likes:  61
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Trans Flare

1. Top Of Page | #11

User Info Menu

Re: Trans Flare

Quote Originally Posted by 10-4 View Post
    You have to do the quick learn process.

I had to take it to the dealership and have mine done.

Not sure if you can do it with the MM3.

Mine was not deleted at the time I did it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Dang I was hoping to avoid taking it to the dealership.

Thanks for the response!

2. Likes watersupply189 liked this post
  3. Top Of Page | #12

User Info Menu

@DRD does the MM3 have the capability to do the quick learn process after the RevMax VB is installed?

4. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS, watersupply189 thanked for this post
    Likes IGOTACUMMINS, watersupply189 liked this post
  5. Top Of Page | #13

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by BrightWhiteCummins View Post
    @DRD does the MM3 have the capability to do the quick learn process after the RevMax VB is installed?

Not a quick learn. You'd need a high end scan tool for that.

What you can do is take the tuner, program the ecm with your new tune for the valve body, and the trans will relearn over some miles.

Ray,
    Double R Diesel

The Cummins Whisperer! John 3:16, Romans 10:9-10...Tuning for the Heart and Soul.

6. Top Of Page | #14

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by DRD View Post
    Not a quick learn. You'd need a high end scan tool for that.

What you can do is take the tuner, program the ecm with your new tune for the valve body, and the trans will relearn over some miles.

Ray,
    Double R Diesel
    So by not doing the quick learn do I leave myself more prone to trans issues? I’ve called around to some trans shops and it’s crazy the amount they want just to do a quick learn. But if it something that will cause premature failure by not doing then I guess I’ll just have to pony up the cash.

7. Top Of Page | #15

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by BrightWhiteCummins View Post
    So by not doing the quick learn do I leave myself more prone to trans issues? I’ve called around to some trans shops and it’s crazy the amount they want just to do a quick learn. But if it something that will cause premature failure by not doing then I guess I’ll just have to pony up the cash.

Quick learn is not needed just changing a valve body.

Anytime you program your truck's PCM with a tuner, you will reset CVI values and trigger a relearn process. The trans will relearn its critical CVI values over time by itself and provided you take it easy on the trans for the first hundred miles or so, all will be fine. The quick learn process just makes the relearn process happen almost instantly and lots of transmission builders prefer this to keep ignorant people from burning up a new transmission.

Ray,
    Double R Diesel

The Cummins Whisperer! John 3:16, Romans 10:9-10...Tuning for the Heart and Soul.

8. Top Of Page | #16

User Info Menu

Anytime you program your truck's PCM with a tuner, you will reset CVI values and trigger a relearn process. The trans will relearn its critical CVI values over time by itself and provided you take it easy on the trans for the first hundred miles or so, all will be fine. The quick learn process just makes the relearn process happen almost instantly and lots of transmission builders prefer this to keep ignorant people from burning up a new transmission.

Ray,
    Double R Diesel
    Thank you for the thorough explanation. Puts my mind at ease.

I knew that after the retune I would have to drive easily to allow the relearn process, just was unsure about the need for a quick learn.

Thanks Ray!

As always you always go above and beyond.

9. Thanks DRD, watersupply189 thanked for this post
    Likes DRD, watersupply189, timshooter40 liked this post
  10. Top Of Page | #17

User Info Menu

Ray,
    Double R Diesel
    Ray, I know you stay busy, but it would be great if you did a video about this topic (quick learn and drive learn).

There's a ton of misinformation out there on this subject.

11. Thanks Ds454 thanked for this post
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12