Thanks Thanks:  4
Likes Likes:  11

Thread: MM3 no power

1. Top Of Page | #1

User Info Menu

MM3 no power

First and foremost I am very happy with DRD and Ray is spot on with customer service and responding to questions.

I have been having an issue with my MM3 console not powering on when the truck starts the past few months.

I went through the MM3 trouble shooting page and both batteries are fine and the connection from the console to the rest of the system seems to be intact besides a somewhat loose connection from the male micro usb into the back of the console that seems to move on its own.

I contacted Ray and he helped and pushed me to Dirk at MM3 to further help diagnose the issue.

MM3 sent me a new double male sided micro USB and I am still having the issue. MM3 told me at that point that it is something with my truck and not the tuner. I took it into the dealership and they checked the OBD port, the starting system and the charging system and everything was good.

The technician even reinstalled the MM3 since he had one himself and stated he thought it was the connection into the MM3 console. I have no idea what it could be besides the connection from the micro usb into the console being loose possibly causing it.

Any help would be great I've spent days now trying to diagnose this.

Thanks

2. Likes watersupply189 liked this post
  3. Top Of Page | #2

User Info Menu

Re: MM3 no power

Quote Originally Posted by nateb View Post
    First and foremost I am very happy with DRD and Ray is spot on with customer service and responding to questions.

I have been having an issue with my MM3 console not powering on when the truck starts the past few months.

I went through the MM3 trouble shooting page and both batteries are fine and the connection from the console to the rest of the system seems to be intact besides a somewhat loose connection from the male micro usb into the back of the console that seems to move on its own.

I contacted Ray and he helped and pushed me to Dirk at MM3 to further help diagnose the issue.

MM3 sent me a new double male sided micro USB and I am still having the issue. MM3 told me at that point that it is something with my truck and not the tuner. I took it into the dealership and they checked the OBD port, the starting system and the charging system and everything was good.

The technician even reinstalled the MM3 since he had one himself and stated he thought it was the connection into the MM3 console. I have no idea what it could be besides the connection from the micro usb into the console being loose possibly causing it.

Any help would be great I've spent days now trying to diagnose this.

Thanks
    Did you remove the studs on the MM3 control box per the instructions?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2018 Ram 2500 4x4 G56
    Romans 10:13

See what we are up to on:
    FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM
    Or Email me at:
    joe@ddpmotorsports.com
    www.ddpmotorsports.com

4. Thanks watersupply189 thanked for this post
    Likes watersupply189 liked this post
  5. Top Of Page | #3

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by cumminsdieselfreak View Post
    Did you remove the studs on the MM3 control box per the instructions?

Mr. @cumminsdieselfreak makes a great point.

This is often forgotten and may be the issue.

Those little things can cause such headaches...

Matthew 6:9-13, 2 Corinthians 5:20
    FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM
    Or Email us at:
    sales@ddpmotorsports.com
    www.ddpmotorsports.com

6. Likes watersupply189 liked this post
  7. Top Of Page | #4

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Dude's Diesel Performance View Post
    Mr. @cumminsdieselfreak makes a great point.

This is often forgotten and may be the issue.

Those little things can cause such headaches...
    Good call, I did remove those during the installation though. The unit had been working fine for about 6 months before it randomly did not come on at start up one day.

8. Likes watersupply189 liked this post
  9. Top Of Page | #5

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by nateb View Post
    Good call, I did remove those during the installation though. The unit had been working fine for about 6 months before it randomly did not come on at start up one day.
    Is your OBD plug seated good?

2018 Ram 2500 4x4 G56
    Romans 10:13

FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM
    Or Email me at:
    joe@ddpmotorsports.com
    www.ddpmotorsports.com

10. Likes watersupply189 liked this post
  11. Top Of Page | #6

User Info Menu

It is seated well. Once the truck is running I am able to pull and plug the obd plug and it will actually turn the console on and work fine like it is supposed to.

So one could say I could do this every time I start the truck and it would be fine but I would love to know what is causing this.

I was told by the guys at MM3 that it could be a bad obd port or an issue with the ecm/starting process not communicating to the console to turn on.

The Dealer tech who ran the diagnostics said the OBD port was fine and nothing else seemed to be wrong, believes it to be the console itself which I have been told twice now.

The console does blink red on the right led a couple times when it fails to turn on if the obd plug is not reset.

12. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
    Likes watersupply189, IGOTACUMMINS liked this post
  13. Top Of Page | #7

User Info Menu

How old are your batteries in your truck?

Join as a Lifetime Platinum Member Today

"The grass is greener where you water it"

14. Likes watersupply189 liked this post
  15. Top Of Page | #8

User Info Menu

I was having the exact same issue. I had a bad battery that was dropping to 8 volts under load though.

Just replaced them Tuesday and so far it hasn't done it anymore.

Knock on wood I'n hoping that is all that was wrong with mine.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

16. Thanks watersupply189, IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post