Thanks Thanks:  1
Likes Likes:  2

Thread: Dealership friendly tune

1. Top Of Page | #1
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

Dealership friendly tune

I just bought a new 2018 Laramie 2500 4x4.

What kind of tune can I buy for a bone stock truck that is going to stay that way?

What does a DRD tune cost for my application?

Thanks for any advice!

2. Top Of Page | #2

User Info Menu

Re: Dealership friendly tune

@Radarlover click here: https://www.doublerdiesel.com/mm3-tu...tions-answers/

That FAQ from DRD is packed of info.

"The grass is greener where you water it"

3. Top Of Page | #3
    Permanent Vacation KeepEmRollin14's Avatar

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Radarlover View Post
    I just bought a new 2018 Laramie 2500 4x4.

What kind of tune can I buy for a bone stock truck that is going to stay that way?

What does a DRD tune cost for my application?

Thanks for any advice!
    Goodluck, the minute you program that truck and the dealer finds out they will try every which way to not warranty things unless you are ready to except responsibility.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4. Top Of Page | #4

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by KeepEmRollin14 View Post
    Goodluck, the minute you program that truck and the dealer finds out they will try every which way to not warranty things unless you are ready to except responsibility.

The MM3 on the 2018 doesn't leave a footprint friend.

"The grass is greener where you water it"

5. Top Of Page | #5
    Permanent Vacation KeepEmRollin14's Avatar

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by IGOTACUMMINS View Post
    The MM3 on the 2018 doesn't leave a footprint friend.
    I understand that but the minute you mention it or the dealer sees anything abnormal you are asking for trouble regardless.

I'm lucky and live near dealers who care less if they see it until you need to really make a claim for something FCA doesn't want to foot the bill.

The truck was designed for a specific tune with emissions so there can be downsides like is mentioned on DRD when looking at emissions compliant tuning.

I'd say the biggest downside to programming a emissions intact truck would be having to pull the program out every time it goes to the dealer.

I'm not saying I wouldn't do it, I'm just being real. Just be ready to except kickback from a dealer that's all.

Tuning is great in any circumstance

6. Top Of Page | #6

User Info Menu

I think it all depends on the dealer.

Mine is tuned and deleted so there is no way for me to hide anything from the dealer unless I want to throw the stock junk back on.

I've not had any issues with the truck, but I do have a recall on the tailgate.

See what happens when I have the recall done.

2006 2500 QC Laramie 5.9 (Sold in 2016). 2017 3500 DRW CC Laramie, Loaded. MM3 tuned by DRD. 4" SS by Jamo. 68REF, 4.10 Rears. (Sold). 2018 3500 DRW Longhorn CC AISIN 4.10's. On a good health care plan by DRD.

7. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
    Likes IGOTACUMMINS liked this post
  8. Top Of Page | #7

User Info Menu

Just for the sake of argument. Your dealership shouldn't give a **** about your tune because they aren't covering your warranty bills. FCA approves all warranty claims and they will ask that the dealership check for signs of aftermarket tuning, which will immediately void your powertrain warranty.

You can try to go down the Magnusson-Moss Act but that won't get you anywhere.

It's like on the Hellcats; if you Hiroshima'd your engine, FCA would ask for pictures of the crank pulley...if it was pinned, warranty denied. Period. The same applies here with programming. Dealerships being cool with tuning is great because they are less likely to flash over your tune and cause issues, but it won't save you in warranty claims.

9. Likes KeepEmRollin14 liked this post