Thanks Thanks:  1
Likes Likes:  13

Thread: Kinda stupid question but

1. Top Of Page | #1

User Info Menu

Kinda stupid question but

So, what should my DPF or scr pressures be? How can I tell if it clogged?
    And the dumb one, if the pipe we're to all of a sudden lose the honey comb, would the system know or would it just not go into Regen since the pressure would not change?

Sent from my Nokia 7.1 using Tapatalk

2. Likes watersupply189, walla2k5 liked this post
  3. Top Of Page | #2
    Permanent Vacation KeepEmRollin14's Avatar

User Info Menu

Re: Kinda stupid question but

Quote Originally Posted by cwendel View Post
    So, what should my DPF or scr pressures be? How can I tell if it clogged?
    And the dumb one, if the pipe we're to all of a sudden lose the honey comb, would the system know or would it just not go into Regen since the pressure would not change?

Pretty sure without tuning the pressure threshold for low and high would not be met and would set a check engine light.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4. Likes watersupply189, walla2k5 liked this post
  5. Top Of Page | #3

User Info Menu

I was thinking that but was not sure. Wonder if a Venturi pipe could be made to fool the pressure sensors......

6. Likes watersupply189, walla2k5 liked this post
  7. Top Of Page | #4

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by KeepEmRollin14 View Post
    Pretty sure without tuning the pressure threshold for low and high would not be met and would set a check engine light.

I got a feelin hollowin that stupid thang out would make it do more then just throw a CEL. If that were the only consequence everybody would do it, so I think the pointy heads got it set up to go into that 5 mph limp mode.

8. Likes watersupply189, walla2k5 liked this post
  9. Top Of Page | #5

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by BlackBart View Post

I got a feelin hollowin that stupid thang out would make it do more then just throw a CEL. If that were the only consequence everybody would do it, so I think the pointy heads got it set up to go into that 5 mph limp mode.
    More than likely it would see an out of range reading and do exactly that along with the CEL and probably a nice message to service it at the dealer.

10. Likes watersupply189 liked this post
  11. Top Of Page | #6

User Info Menu

Question is, if the honeycomb was to all of a sudden be removed, your going thru all that work to remove it then why not just replace it with a straight piece of pipe or pipe and muffler. Then tune it. Do you live in a state that has some really strict inspection stations? Remove the parts you dont want to worry about, flush the def system so it doesn’t crystalize and label every bolt you take off so if you ever had to put it back you know where it goes. Nothing wrong with running on a fairly stock power tune and will more than likely run alot better.

12. Thanks watersupply189 thanked for this post
    Likes watersupply189, walla2k5 liked this post
  13. Top Of Page | #7

User Info Menu

I do live in an area that has emissions checks, kinda. I get to self inspect the truck but come the warmer months the local towns roll out the mobile dmv trucks to get extra money. Last thing I want to do is temp fate and get pulled over at one of those. It would make the cost of deleting look like a cup of coffee.

14. Likes watersupply189, walla2k5 liked this post