Thanks Thanks:  4
Likes Likes:  7
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: No rear directionals???

1. Top Of Page | #1

No rear directionals???

So I just noticed my 2015 Ram 2500 MC has no rear directionals. The fronts and mirrors work just fine. Some key information:
    1. Fuses have been checked
    2. Aftermarket (Recon) tail lights have been pulled and wiring harness checked with a testor. No blink.
    3. Stock tails installed just to confirm same result. Same result.
    4. Truck is tuned by DRD. Flashed back to stock. Same result. Reflashed to custom tunes. Same result.
    5. Truck has two 3 month old batteries that are so not the problem. Not a low voltage issue as I'm usually sitting around 14.5v.

Again, tails and brake lights work just fine. Directionals work just fine up front and on the mirrors. I thought for sure it was my MM3, but after having the same result after flashing back to the stock tune, I'm thinking a chaffed wire or something else? Ideas???

Andre '15 6.7L, MC, Silver, 4" BDS 4-Link, Fox 2.0s

2. Top Of Page | #2

User Info Menu

Re: No rear directionals???

Shot in the dark, could it be the turn signal relay?

3. Top Of Page | #3

User Info Menu

So neither side turnsignals work in the rear? What about when you turn on the emergency flashers?

Greg
    2012 | RAM 2500 | CCSB | Custom tuned by Double R Diesel
    2016 | Heartland Pioneer | DS310

Greg
    2019 | RAM 2500 | CCSB | 6.4 HEMI

4. Likes Dwelsh, Jon liked this post
  5. Top Of Page | #4

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Jon View Post
    Shot in the dark, could it be the turn signal relay?
    You're close. Turn signal switch.

Do the 4 ways work?
    Do you have stop lights?

2003- 3500 RWD Automatic.
    S & B intake, BD Intercooler, Pusher Air Horn, MM3 Double R Tuning, Turbo Timer, electric Flex-a-lite fans, FASS 95,
    50 HP tips, upgrade to 351 turbo, 3.42 gears, Twin air compressors, air bags, Remote dual oil filters, Hellwig sway bar, Front Winch. Home made Fuel Heater, BD Exhaust brake with Torque Lock. Tons of TLC

6. Thanks Jon thanked for this post
    Likes Jon liked this post
  7. Top Of Page | #5

Guys, the 4 ways (hazards) work in the front and in the mirrors, not in the rear. As mentioned, the brake lights and tail lights work. Just no directionals in the rear. It's a BCM issue of some sort. Headed to the Ram dealer late today.

8. Top Of Page | #6

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by SavageNFS View Post
    Guys, the 4 ways (hazards) work in the front and in the mirrors, not in the rear. As mentioned, the brake lights and tail lights work. Just no directionals in the rear. It's a BCM issue of some sort. Headed to the Ram dealer late today.
    Keep us posted. Hope it just needs something simple, like a reflash.

Greg
    2012 | RAM 2500 | CCSB | MM3 tuned by Double R Diesel
    2016 | Heartland Pioneer | DS310

Greg
    2019 | RAM 2500 | CCSB | 6.4 HEMI

9. Top Of Page | #7

Guys, the Ram dealer changed the appt to this afternoon. I'm hoping to get some good news later today, but I'll let you know.

10. Likes walla2k5 liked this post
  11. Top Of Page | #8
    Old... But Still Here! AnOldBiker's Avatar

User Info Menu

Subscribe on this one .....

Jim

2006 ~ 2500HD, Big Horn Edition, 5.9, 4x4, Q/Cab, 48RE, L/B, 3.73, S&B CAI & Snout, ProFlo 5" S/S exhaust, Smarty Touch, Oil ByPass Kit, 60 gal main tank, 110 gallon in-bed tank, XX-Fuel Filter System, Coolant Bypass Kit, Mag-Hytec front & rear end covers and trans pan, 285 x 70 x 17

"Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same, or one day we will spend our sunset years telling our children and our children’s children what it was once like in the United States, where men 'were' free." ~ Ronald Regan

12. Likes walla2k5 liked this post
  13. Top Of Page | #9

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by SavageNFS View Post
    Unusual behavior for a BCM. I can see one side or the other. If the stop lights are working, I would lean towards the switch. The stop lights go through the switch. The BCM itself is kind of dumb. It's mostly time delays, relays and distribution. Very low in logic.

2003- 3500 RWD Automatic.
    S & B intake, BD Intercooler, Pusher Air Horn, MM3 Double R Tuning, Turbo Timer, electric Flex-a-lite fans, FASS 95,
    50 HP tips, upgrade to 351 turbo, 3.42 gears, Twin air compressors, air bags, Remote dual oil filters, Hellwig sway bar, Front Winch. Home made Fuel Heater, BD Exhaust brake with Torque Lock. Tons of TLC

14. Top Of Page | #10

So I got the truck back late Friday night. The dealer performed a reflash on the BCM and all returned to normal. Provided the truck is flashed to stock in the service bay before they touch it and then retuned to custom software after the work is done, no worries with a tuner issue. While the truck was there, they performed recalls T79 brake trans shift interlock, U53 ORC Module, T51 Water Pump (mine had already been replaced pre-recall with the updated part # under warranty), T74 Tail gate actuator. No specifics were given regarding the BCM other than the BCM was reflashed to current FCA software and then my custom tunes were applied via the MM3/DRD. Truck is back to having working directionals.

15. Likes Power247, walla2k5 liked this post
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast