Thanks Thanks:  2
Likes Likes:  4
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: First check engine light on my 2012

1. Top Of Page | #11

User Info Menu

Re: First check engine light on my 2012

How do I pin point the problem? The check engine light comes and goes, the only symptom I can notice is a rough idle here and there while at a stop light.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

2. Top Of Page | #12

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by RATLIN'HP View Post
    Very common code if rail pressure exceeded the relief valve. Most likely if that's the case, just clear the code. Some have replaced the relief valve with a plug, others have put a stiffer spring to make it hold fuel pressure spikes better.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    Whoops I was thinking different code with this explanation, so forget all that. Start with tuner always. Eliminate the chance that a tuner is causing this. Next would be the sensor itself. And if that's not it I'm guessing an injector, or maybe even more than one injector is not allowing pressure to build. That don't mean they are failing necessarily. That code can generate with as little as 100 psi it notices. That can explain why it comes and goes, and runs fine.

2015 Black Laramie CCSB 3500 SRW. Thuren Leveled With Fox 2.0 Shocks. Ride Rite Rear Air Bags With Wireless Airlift Onboard Air. 35" Toyos. All The Options Minus The Soot Cookers. RaceMe Ultra.

3. Likes theaaronbush liked this post
  4. Top Of Page | #13

User Info Menu

Whoops I was thinking different code with this explanation, so forget all that. Start with tuner always. Eliminate the chance that a tuner is causing this. Next would be the sensor itself. And if that's not it I'm guessing an injector, or maybe even more than one injector is not allowing pressure to build. That don't mean they are failing necessarily. That code can generate with as little as 100 psi it notices. That can explain why it comes and goes, and runs fine.

Unfortunately I don't have a tuner to check pressures or anything of that nature, my truck is tuned by the previous owner and he didn't leave the tuner. I was going to start with the sensor first and hope it wasn't a pump or injector.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

5. Top Of Page | #14

User Info Menu

Very common code if rail pressure exceeded the relief valve. Most likely if that's the case, just clear the code. Some have replaced the relief valve with a plug, others have put a stiffer spring to make it hold fuel pressure spikes better.

Can you link me to a plug or spring for this?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

6. Top Of Page | #15

User Info Menu

[QUOTE=Cummins20126.7;109192]Can you link me to a plug or spring for this?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk[/QUOTE @Dude's Diesel Performance could probably hook you up with a plug. It isn't a spring I guess either. It's a shim kit that makes the valve you have stronger and hold more pressure. But again I was mistaking your code for this at first, and don't believe your rail relief valve is the issue.

2015 Black Laramie CCSB 3500 SRW. Thuren Leveled With Fox 2.0 Shocks. Ride Rite Rear Air Bags With Wireless Airlift Onboard Air. 35" Toyos. All The Options Minus The Soot Cookers. RaceMe Ultra.

7. Likes bloombloom88 liked this post
  8. Top Of Page | #16

User Info Menu

@Cummins20126.7
    Sorry I was looking at wrong user and thought you were the OP. But as I said see if @Dude's Diesel Performance can hook you up with rail plug or shim kit.

9. Top Of Page | #17

User Info Menu

Thanks so much for the mention @RATLIN'HP Can't thank you enough.

I'll shoot you a message bud and see if we can get ya taken care of! Sorry for the delay.

@Cummins20126.7
    Sorry I was looking at wrong user and thought you were the OP. But as I said see if @Dude's Diesel Performance can hook you up with rail plug or shim kit.

Matthew 6:9-13, 2 Corinthians 5:20
    See what we are up to on:
    FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM
    Or Email us at:
    sales@ddpmotorsports.com
    www.ddpmotorsports.com

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12