Thanks Thanks:  15
Likes Likes:  47
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Water pump recall

1. Top Of Page | #1

User Info Menu

Water pump recall

Just got the notice in the mail that my 2013 2500 is part of the water pump recall. No ETA for a fix though. Anyone else get one?

What is your normal engine/Tran temp?

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

2. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS, Polaraco thanked for this post
    Likes IGOTACUMMINS, walla2k5, Polaraco liked this post
  3. Top Of Page | #2

User Info Menu

Re: Water pump recall

I just got mine today to 2014 2500 goin to see what they say in a few days my dealer here is very easy to work with

4. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
    Likes IGOTACUMMINS, Polaraco liked this post
  5. Top Of Page | #3

User Info Menu

Definitey a must do. I had someone that showed me they had a leak. Further inspection showed that the leak was because one of the bolts holding the pump had actually broken off! This was on a 2014 3500 that was a hot shot truck and pulled a huge 44ft enclosed trailer.

Matthew 6:9-13, 2 Corinthians 5:20
    See what we are up to on:
    FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM
    Or Email us at:
    sales@ddpmotorsports.com
    www.ddpmotorsports.com

6. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS, Polaraco thanked for this post
  7. Top Of Page | #4

User Info Menu

Does anyone know whether a different pump part number was used on the 2013 + trucks, opposed to the 2010-2012 trucks. The reason I ask is I have a 2010 and wanted to know if my truck could be affective an FCA didn't want to include us. I do recognize that they could have started using a different vendor but wanted to make sure before a possible Fire! Also, I checked on the FCA website and entered my VIN with negative results.

Thanks!

2019 Ram 3500 Crew Cab CTD Granite Crystal Metallic Clearcoat / Extang Revolution Tonneau / B&H Companion 5th wheel hitch / B&H Tow & Stow / Luverne Rubber mud flaps / UWS Under tonneau tool box
    SOLD: 2010 Dodge Ram 2500 Crew Cab CTD Mineral Gray / 2inch HBS Level / HBS Steering Box Brace / 5100 shocks / Carli Track Bar
    Cooper Discoverer ST Maxx 295/70/17 / Husky mud flaps / Husky floor mats

8. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
  9. Top Of Page | #5

User Info Menu

I got a notice today as well. Suppose to send another when they have a solution.

10. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
    Likes IGOTACUMMINS liked this post
  11. Top Of Page | #6

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by ICT LPX View Post
    Does anyone know whether a different pump part number was used on the 2013 + trucks, opposed to the 2010-2012 trucks. The reason I ask is I have a 2010 and wanted to know if my truck could be affective an FCA didn't want to include us. I do recognize that they could have started using a different vendor but wanted to make sure before a possible Fire! Also, I checked on the FCA website and entered my VIN with negative results.

Thanks!
    Here's a link to what I read a while back.

https://www.igotacummins.com/threads...call-2013-2017

2013 Ram 2500 Big Horn 4x4 G56 CCLB 6.7, MM3 Tuned by Double R Diesel, Flo-Pro 4" Exhaust, Deviant Race Parts Goodies, ARP Head Studs, South Bend Clutch, 3" Thuren Front Springs w/Fox Shocks All-Around, Hell-Bent Steel Steering Box Brace, Thuren Track Bar, Air-Lift 5000, Deviant Race Parts 70" Traction Bars, Falken Wild-Peak AT3W LT285/75R18 (34.8x11.3x18) on Moto Metal MO970 18x9 +18mm

12. Likes Power247 liked this post
  13. Top Of Page | #7

User Info Menu

Thanks walla2k5, I remember that post you made. I even commented on it because I told a couple buddies who have newer Cummins trucks. But, it got me thinking also, why don't they just post the bad part number, I'm sure those parts are still in circulation somewhere. Are there vendors sitting on a bunch of these pumps in inventory? When my pump goes bad, I don't want to inadvertently buy the wrong (defective) pump.

2019 Ram 3500 Crew Cab CTD Granite Crystal Metallic Clearcoat / Extang Revolution Tonneau / B&H Companion 5th wheel hitch / B&H Tow & Stow / Luverne Rubber mud flaps / UWS Under tonneau tool box
    SOLD: 2010 Dodge Ram 2500 Crew Cab CTD Mineral Gray / 2inch HBS Level / HBS Steering Box Brace / 5100 shocks / Carli Track Bar
    Cooper Discoverer ST Maxx 295/70/17 / Husky mud flaps / Husky floor mats

14. Likes walla2k5 liked this post
  15. Top Of Page | #8

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Dude's Diesel Performance View Post
    Definitey a must do. I had someone that showed me they had a leak. Further inspection showed that the leak was because one of the bolts holding the pump had actually broken off! This was on a 2014 3500 that was a hot shot truck and pulled a huge 44ft enclosed trailer.
    At least they know what to look for now

2003- 3500 RWD Automatic.
    S & B intake, BD Intercooler, Pusher Air Horn, MM3 Double R Tuning, Turbo Timer, electric Flex-a-lite fans, FASS 95,
    50 HP tips, upgrade to 351 turbo, 3.42 gears, Twin air compressors, air bags, Remote dual oil filters, Hellwig sway bar, Front Winch. Home made Fuel Heater, BD Exhaust brake with Torque Lock. Tons of TLC

16. Likes walla2k5 liked this post
  17. Top Of Page | #9

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by ICT LPX View Post
    Thanks walla2k5, I remember that post you made. I even commented on it because I told a couple buddies who have newer Cummins trucks. But, it got me thinking also, why don't they just post the bad part number, I'm sure those parts are still in circulation somewhere. Are there vendors sitting on a bunch of these pumps in inventory? When my pump goes bad, I don't want to inadvertently buy the wrong (defective) pump.
    IIRC one outfit made the bearing, but another made the bearing race, a big no-no. I would think any OEM pump manufactured during that time period would have been pulled. My understanding is the faulty ones had a vent hole (not a weep hole) at the top of the water pump, to release heat, knowing full well of the defect. I'm waiting for the notice myself.

2013 Ram 2500 Big Horn 4x4 G56 CCLB 6.7, MM3 Tuned by Double R Diesel, Flo-Pro 4" Exhaust, Deviant Race Parts Goodies, ARP Head Studs, South Bend Clutch, 3" Thuren Front Springs w/Fox Shocks All-Around, Hell-Bent Steel Steering Box Brace, Thuren Track Bar, Air-Lift 5000, Deviant Race Parts 70" Traction Bars, Falken Wild-Peak AT3W LT285/75R18 (34.8x11.3x18) on Moto Metal MO970 18x9 +18mm

18. Thanks Polaraco thanked for this post
    Likes Polaraco, ICT LPX liked this post
  19. Top Of Page | #10

User Info Menu

Got mine in the mail today for my '15 3500. Interesting they don't have a fix yet....I'm curious to see what they come up with.

2015 Ram 3500 CCSB SRW 4x4 G56
    2020 Ram 2500 CCSB 4x4 68RFE

Never ending project. Always adding something...

20. Likes walla2k5 liked this post
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast