Thanks Thanks:  51
Likes Likes:  62
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: 2014 DRW 68RFE - New Raceme Ultra - Full Delete - MPG baaaad!!!

1. Top Of Page | #21

User Info Menu

Re: 2014 DRW 68RFE - New Raceme Ultra - Full Delete - MPG baaaad!!!

Quote Originally Posted by elcubano View Post
    I know it sounds nuts. But 68mph flat straight road. Could get 25 when new with all emissions intact slowly downhill from there. Averaging 22-23 to a tank normally unloaded and 16-18 loaded (4-6k lb trailer). 80k miles pre delete averaging 15-16 unloaded and 10-11 loaded, post delete ... 12-15 unloaded, sub 10 loaded.... And I'm calling loaded 6k lbs.

Sent from my Z958 using Tapatalk
    I'd take rattlins suggestions and try those. He has been with this tuning platform almost since new and has worked through and tested about all the combos. Every truck reacts different for sure. It's really hard to say what's going on until we have data logging capabilities. Injector spray patterns affect fuel milage too. Some have suggested using archoil additive and after reading up a bit on it I will myself. If your boost readings aren't in the normal range Id probably look for a boost leak which could also cause poor milage. Also watch your vein position with your monitor. Veins may not be opening and closing properly causing poor milage as well. Just a few suggestions bud. It could merely be that your truck is just plain different

2014 3500 (DRW) 68RFE 3:73s . mirror light mod. 20% tint front 5% tint on rear. cattleman front bumper,running boards and headache rack. puddle light mod with blue leds. RGB lights in footwells and grill. Mostly debadged. 52" light bar and a 20" on the bumper. Smoked tail,cab and side marker lights. Black bezel headlights. Led lights where possible. 37 trail Graps. 2.5 inch leveling kit. Steering box brace. Dual steering stabilizers. MM3 and "WARPED" by Double R Diesel!

2. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS, elcubano thanked for this post
    Likes IGOTACUMMINS, elcubano liked this post
  3. Top Of Page | #22

User Info Menu

My truck gets 9.5 pulling around 10k (enclosed trailer) and averages in the 16 range empty, it a 2015 with 12k on it race me ect, I found it to get the best mileage on the 120/150hp tunes, second best was on stock with deletes would have left it on stock with deletes had it not been for the stupid compressor surge, it drove me nuts so I'm back on the 60hp tune for now until I can afford warp

4. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS, elcubano thanked for this post
    Likes IGOTACUMMINS, elcubano, RVcrazy? liked this post
  5. Top Of Page | #23

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by TX NIGHT TRAIN View Post
    I'd take rattlins suggestions and try those. He has been with this tuning platform almost since new and has worked through and tested about all the combos. Every truck reacts different for sure. It's really hard to say what's going on until we have data logging capabilities. Injector spray patterns affect fuel milage too. Some have suggested using archoil additive and after reading up a bit on it I will myself. If your boost readings aren't in the normal range Id probably look for a boost leak which could also cause poor milage. Also watch your vein position with your monitor. Veins may not be opening and closing properly causing poor milage as well. Just a few suggestions bud. It could merely be that your truck is just plain different
    I plan on cleaning the grid heater as told. Just getting as much info as possible. I will look into the archoil. Is there a way to get recommended numbers to monitor on vanes to see if operating correctly. What should I be monitoring on my race me to give me an idea of what's not right. I believe race me has data logging capabilities. It's just driving me nuts. This isn't ok. The egr system has wrecked my once amazing truck...I'm feeling like short of replacing intake components, turbo, intercooler ... The issue will remain .... AND.... How much damage has been done to my engine? Wear on the cylinder heads, grooves on the sleeves, pits in the rings, and buildup on the piston heads.

6. Top Of Page | #24

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by RATLIN'HP View Post
    The all stock will get you the worst mileage. Might wanna try bumping up to 120, 23*, 1850 rail, and mild spool. Even better at 150, 29*, 1850 and mild spool. But seems like tank 2 is better than tank 1. By the way I'm not calling you out when you said you used to get 25mpg stock. But that seems way better than any other truck I've ever heard of. I'd say most get 17-19 mpg deleted. Unloaded.
    Ratlin, all my numbers are evic, 12.9 hwy if hand calculated on my second to last tank. Possibility of all the numbers being skewed high. Best tank when new was pushing 650 miles do about 20 but that would have included T least some city driving.

7. Top Of Page | #25

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by TX NIGHT TRAIN View Post
    Boost on stock runs 5-6 at cruise and 32 at wot. On the economy spool (30+ duration) 4-5 cruise 16 wot.

8. Top Of Page | #26

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by elcubano View Post
    Boost on stock runs 5-6 at cruise and 32 at wot. On the economy spool (30+ duration) 4-5 cruise 16 wot.

32 is pretty high for a stock truck, the most mine ever did from the day I took it off the lot was 26psi

9. Top Of Page | #27

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by kessler89 View Post
    32 is pretty high for a stock truck, the most mine ever did from the day I took it off the lot was 26psi
    Stock spool , 30+ tune

10. Thanks Crewcabcourtney thanked for this post
  11. Top Of Page | #28

User Info Menu

Newly found issue - I need a reading from Yalls raceme tuner. Turbo acceleration - actual . Located in the rpm menu. Are you getting numbers , smooth, a range? Mine is having convulsions.

12. Top Of Page | #29
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

over the past 5 year, i have used 2 different tuners, and have had several custom tunes written (between 10-15 custom tunes). you can spend all the money in the world, but the 6.7 engine will only do so good. on most of the 6.7s, 15-18 mpg empty is what they get. i say "most" because some guys swear on their mothers grave they get 20+mpg. i dont see how it is CONSISTENTLY possible. i mean, i have gotten 20 with mine before, but that was only on a few tanks.....driving slow.....maybe a tail wind. i have also gotten 13 mpg driving 80 into the wind. it all averages out...

back to the tuning/mpg. i use the Fuelly app on my phone (www.fuelly.com) to track the mileage on all of my vehicles. this is obviously hand calculated mileage. sometimes my dash shows close to calculated, but most of the time the dash is higher. i never did notice one (of my several) custom tunes doing substantially better hand calculated mpg compared to other tunes. they were all better than before i deleted, they all would net similar economy doing the same job. i did notice that some of the tunes made the dash mpg WAY off. i had 2 tunes on an H&S tuner than would make my dash show 22+ mpg when i was actually getting 16. the company acknowledged the issue and said they could fix it (which they did). i dont know what part of the tuning process can actually make the dash more of a liar than it already is......but it is just something else to keep in mind.

**over the course of 10,000 miles (not towing/haulling) i have gotten exactly 16.0 mpg average. http://www.fuelly.com/car/ram/2500/2012/bocephus/214506

**pulling my snowmobile trailer 7600 miles at 80-85 mph (approx 5000 lbs worth of cargo/gear) and 4 guys in the cab) - 10.3 average http://www.fuelly.com/car/ram/2500/2012/bocephus/230082

**pulling my 5th wheel camper 5000 miles at 65-70 mph (approx 10,000 lbs worth of cargo) - 10.2 average http://www.fuelly.com/car/ram/2500/2012/bocephus/224709

13. Thanks elcubano thanked for this post
    Likes elcubano, Power247 liked this post
  14. Top Of Page | #30

User Info Menu

Thank you.

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast