Thread: DONT BUY THE NEW TITAN XD!

1. Top Of Page | #11

User Info Menu

Re: DONT BUY THE NEW TITAN XD!

that is disappointing to say the least.

2014 Ram 2500 CCSB Ram Box Larime
    2011 Ram 5500
    2006 Diesel Jeep Liberty
    RIP. 2016 Tradesman 2500 picked up 9/28/16 MM3 DRD Tuning 107K miles wrecked by jeep wrangler.....

Other Toys: 1973 Charger Bougham edition 400 big block 42K original miles
    Unicycles (about 3 dozen)

6 in a row makes her go

2. Top Of Page | #12

User Info Menu

Company I'm working for now has a couple of them and found out the hard way that they don't start at 30 below unless they are plugged in

Sent from my LG-D852 using Tapatalk

3. Top Of Page | #13

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Rhinopkc View Post
    It's half of a truck for the full truck price. Never understood why anyone would buy one.
    This all day ^^^^

4. Top Of Page | #14

User Info Menu

I see the last post is 2016 would like to report that I have a 2018 XD Platinum Reserve (loaded) with the 5.0. I bought it to pull my 35' ft fifth wheel camper back and forth to California from Houston. Have done it twice so far with no issues. Until it was "broke in" it did use more DEF than expected but that has now become manageable. Used to have a Ram ECO Diesel so I am spoiled with the fuel mileage thing. I know this is good for the weight of this truck and the weight it happily pulls.

I currently have 12K miles on it and am very happy with the vehicle. AVE miles per gal on trips not towing are 21mpg. Pulling the camper is 12.9 to Cali. I am happy with that. Would like a bigger gas tank though. I see there is a company that makes a 50gal one but some are having problems with it. Any recommendations?

5. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS, AnOldBiker thanked for this post
    Likes IGOTACUMMINS, AnOldBiker liked this post
  6. Top Of Page | #15
    Old... But Still Here! AnOldBiker's Avatar

User Info Menu

If unsure with the main replacement, you can do an in-bed and remove when not needed.
    A bit of work installing/removing and storage area when not in use. But more range.

Extra: I have yet to see these advertised since they came out. My wife had a Nissan until recent, and when I went to parts, never seen one on the lot. And this is diesel country where it's hard to find a fuel station without diesel.

Jim

2006 ~ 2500HD, Big Horn Edition, 5.9, 4x4, Q/Cab, 48RE, L/B, 3.73, S&B CAI & Snout, ProFlo 5" S/S exhaust, Smarty Touch, Oil ByPass Kit, 60 gal main tank, 110 gallon in-bed tank, XX-Fuel Filter System, Coolant Bypass Kit, Mag-Hytec front & rear end covers and trans pan, 285 x 70 x 17

"Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same, or one day we will spend our sunset years telling our children and our children’s children what it was once like in the United States, where men 'were' free." ~ Ronald Regan

7. Top Of Page | #16

User Info Menu

My biggest concern is one you mentioned, Nissan dealers/techs having no experience with Cummins, or diesel engines in general.

Diesel Master Tech Certified - ICML Machinery Lube Certified

2002 QCLB 2500 5.9 HO NV5600 =
    Ranch truck with CM Flatbed, DPS Exh/Int Manifolds, Boost Elbow
    2018 CCLB 2500 ST 6.7 G56 = Glacier intake manifold & horn, Flo-pro 4" SS, MM3 with DRD 30hp tune, Valair quiet dual disc clutch, Laramie 18's powder coated black and blackout badges

8. Top Of Page | #17

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Darren Gray View Post
    I see the last post is 2016 would like to report that I have a 2018 XD Platinum Reserve (loaded) with the 5.0. I bought it to pull my 35' ft fifth wheel camper back and forth to California from Houston. Have done it twice so far with no issues. Until it was "broke in" it did use more DEF than expected but that has now become manageable. Used to have a Ram ECO Diesel so I am spoiled with the fuel mileage thing. I know this is good for the weight of this truck and the weight it happily pulls.

I currently have 12K miles on it and am very happy with the vehicle. AVE miles per gal on trips not towing are 21mpg. Pulling the camper is 12.9 to Cali. I am happy with that. Would like a bigger gas tank though. I see there is a company that makes a 50gal one but some are having problems with it. Any recommendations?
    35ft camper on that small of a truck? Don't come to Jersey. I have seen officers pull over SRW 3500's because they thought they were overloaded with a 5th wheel camper. I got an earfull once because they saw me with a tri axel trailer and I was in a 2500. empty tri axel trailer was 6K I had no intention of putting anything on it, just moving it for someone.....

2014 Ram 2500 CCSB Ram Box Larime
    2011 Ram 5500
    2006 Diesel Jeep Liberty
    RIP. 2016 Tradesman 2500 picked up 9/28/16 MM3 DRD Tuning 107K miles wrecked by jeep wrangler.....

Other Toys: 1973 Charger Bougham edition 400 big block 42K original miles
    Unicycles (about 3 dozen)

6 in a row makes her go

9. Top Of Page | #18

User Info Menu

20181013_101949.jpg

8900 lbs dry. Max for my xd is almost 13k. Works and stops fine. Never been to NJ, and not on the calendar so I will just carry on.

10. Top Of Page | #19

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Darren Gray View Post
    20181013_101949.jpg

8900 lbs dry. Max for my xd is almost 13k. Works and stops fine. Never been to NJ, and not on the calendar so I will just carry on.
    Good looking setup! She don't squat a bit.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

2012 CCSB Saddle Brown Pearl... DRD tuned

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12