Thanks Thanks:  5
Likes Likes:  5
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: possibly new Cummins for me

1. Top Of Page | #11

User Info Menu

Re: possibly new Cummins for me

Quote Originally Posted by contenderv07 View Post
    well damn, drove by and the truck was sold. Back to the drawing board. For these 3rd gen's what is a good cutoff point for mileage (when buying used)??
    That’s Kinda a loaded question- I would be prepared to start replacing things about 180k (injectors fuel pump etc) they can go longer but with decent maintence they can go down hill about then. If your planning on using it on weekends then you buy one with 150k and put 12k on a year you have some time to save a few bucks for repair/upgrade

2013 Ram 2500
    John 3:16 - Philippians 4:13

See what we are up to on:
    FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM
    Or Email me at:
    mike@ddpmotorsports.com
    www.ddpmotorsports.com

2. Thanks contenderv07 thanked for this post
  3. Top Of Page | #12

User Info Menu

Thanks man, I’ve heard some bad things about jerry hunt, but one person has one bad experience, then tells 50 people, kind of spoils it. I’ll check those other ones out. I’m in Burlington BTW. Thanks again!!
    Shoot mebane here.well haw river. Pretty small world. I bought my truck from Jerry hunt. It was ok my second salesman was better than the first. But they have an 06 5.9 truck down there now

2016 2500 slt. 4x4. 20x10 moto metal 970s on 305-55-20. Fully deleted with mm3. 5 inch tbe.

4. Likes contenderv07 liked this post
  5. Top Of Page | #13

User Info Menu

I've got a bone stock 05 CCLB 3500 big horn with 6 speed manual I'd sell ya if you want to go for a drive.

Diesel Master Tech Certified - ICML Machinery Lube Certified

2002 QCLB 2500 5.9 HO NV5600 =
    Ranch truck with CM Flatbed, DPS Exh/Int Manifolds, Boost Elbow
    2018 CCLB 2500 ST 6.7 G56 = Glacier intake manifold & horn, Flo-pro 4" SS, MM3 with DRD 30hp tune, Valair quiet dual disc clutch, Laramie 18's powder coated black and blackout badges

6. Top Of Page | #14
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

thanks man, but I'm looking for a short bed. I did see this one so there are some out
    https://www.cars.com/vehicledetail/d...6396/overview/

7. Top Of Page | #15

User Info Menu

thanks man, but I'm looking for a short bed.
    Short bed? Whatcha gonna haul with that?

Diesel Master Tech Certified - ICML Machinery Lube Certified

2002 QCLB 2500 5.9 HO NV5600 =
    Ranch truck with CM Flatbed, DPS Exh/Int Manifolds, Boost Elbow
    2018 CCLB 2500 ST 6.7 G56 = Glacier intake manifold & horn, Flo-pro 4" SS, MM3 with DRD 30hp tune, Valair quiet dual disc clutch, Laramie 18's powder coated black and blackout badges

8. Likes walla2k5 liked this post
  9. Top Of Page | #16

User Info Menu

thanks man, but I'm looking for a short bed. I did see this one so there are some out
    https://www.cars.com/vehicledetail/d...6396/overview/
    I started off looking at older trucks like you but ended up going with a 4th gen for a few reasons. The big one was I wanted something lower miles, 80k or so, in great condition and an 03-07 with a manual trans. Those were few and far between and they were getting a premium for them. For a few thousand more I could get in a few year old truck that was much nicer and in the 30-50k miles range. Another thing is financing can be hard to get on a vehicle that old. Third thing is I test drove a 16 tradesman on a whim and really liked the interior space of the crew cab. I’ve had 2 quad cab ram 1500’s going back to 2008 with 3 kids and the crew cab is nice. A 4 th gen tradesman is similar in options to a 3rd gen slt. I had nothing but problems with my 14 1500 with all the electronics, evic/8.4 uconnect/navigation and everything those control. I wanted the simplicity.

10. Likes contenderv07 liked this post
  11. Top Of Page | #17
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by mseitz24 View Post
    I started off looking at older trucks like you but ended up going with a 4th gen for a few reasons. The big one was I wanted something lower miles, 80k or so, in great condition and an 03-07 with a manual trans. Those were few and far between and they were getting a premium for them. For a few thousand more I could get in a few year old truck that was much nicer and in the 30-50k miles range. Another thing is financing can be hard to get on a vehicle that old. Third thing is I test drove a 16 tradesman on a whim and really liked the interior space of the crew cab. I’ve had 2 quad cab ram 1500’s going back to 2008 with 3 kids and the crew cab is nice. A 4 th gen tradesman is similar in options to a 3rd gen slt. I had nothing but problems with my 14 1500 with all the electronics, evic/8.4 uconnect/navigation and everything those control. I wanted the simplicity.
    yea I tried finding that too, but as much as it pains me, I think I'm going to keep my truck. I would just lose my *** trading it in. I owe about 9k on it, so I'll probably keep it a little longer to pay it off then start looking

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12