Thanks Thanks:  5
Likes Likes:  29
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: MM3 EGR/Less tuning from DRD thread.

1. Top Of Page | #11

User Info Menu

Re: MM3 EGR/Less tuning from DRD thread.

Installed..
    So as you all know when you have went through installing the MM3 once you start to do it, it's pretty straight forward. First Off thanks DRD.
    For the tunes, product all the videos. There are alot of them but for a reason. We all have questions. I have only drive about 5 miles so far.
    Impression
    The truck has quicker response, smooth response. I actually chirp the tires taking off from my house and wasn't trying.
    The shifts are firmer and solid. I know the tranny is still learning. I'm learning..

2017 WON TON CC LB 68AUTO
    Secret stuff that make it vroom and whistle better Thuren 2.25 w/2.0 Fox Resi

Justin
    Southern Oregon ( the Republican part)
    UNITEDSTATES MARINE CORPS 1993-2007
    No better friend, No better enemy.

2. Likes watersupply189 liked this post
  3. Top Of Page | #12

User Info Menu

First off make sure you drive truck enough to ensure your volts are in peak range or hook up a battery booster when you do the download.
    20181228_134628.jpg
    The plug is behind airhorn/manifold. It's zip tied to the wire harness. Cut off the zip tie. Remove the factory dust plug
    (Keep in the truck if you ever need to restore back) 20181228_134636.jpg
    Looks like this.
    I chose to drill hole in the plastic cover. My drill would only fit if I drilled it from inside the cab.
    20181228_134649.jpg
    Close up
    20181228_134659.jpg

Last edited by DIESELWRKS; 12-30-2018 at 08:50 PM. Reason: Add

Justin

4. Thanks watersupply189 thanked for this post
    Likes watersupply189, Yamahamod liked this post
  5. Top Of Page | #13

User Info Menu

Under the dash. I spent sometime actually to much over thinking it. Best place to mount or hang. I thought I had double sided Velcro tape. But i didn't. I chose to get bigger zip ties.
    I pulled in and moved all wires to ensure they were not rubbing or hitting anything that will move or anything close to HVAC.
    I also put simple painter tape around the the communication boxes where they connect.
    Just extra insurance that vibration doesn't seperate over time.
    20181228_154812.jpg
    I zip tied to the bracket and round tube the steering goes through.
    Happy man!
    20181228_150804.jpg

Justin

6. Thanks watersupply189 thanked for this post
    Likes watersupply189, Yamahamod liked this post
  7. Top Of Page | #14

User Info Menu

The only things I encountered that were issues but nothing big. The dongle? Is thst what it's called. The red thingie I put the micro sd card in would not register and show up on my computer to save stock file. So i used my own adapter to save it.
    Im using the suction cup mount for now. The spots on the mount that fits into the back of MM3 were tight and would not fit. I didn't want to push it. I noticed on the molding on the plastic there were raised edges that looked like they shouldn't be there. I took a dremel bit that was a thin tube like file. I just used the bit and my hand and made it smooth. It worked and fit perfect after.

Justin

8. Thanks watersupply189 thanked for this post
    Likes watersupply189 liked this post
  9. Top Of Page | #15

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by DIESELWRKS View Post
    The only things I encountered that were issues but nothing big. The dongle? Is thst what it's called. The red thingie I put the micro sd card in would not register and show up on my computer to save stock file. So i used my own adapter to save it.
    Im using the suction cup mount for now. The spots on the mount that fits into the back of MM3 were tight and would not fit. I didn't want to push it. I noticed on the molding on the plastic there were raised edges that looked like they shouldn't be there. I took a dremel bit that was a thin tube like file. I just used the bit and my hand and made it smooth. It worked and fit perfect after.
    Thanks for the write up! Hopefully that will help some of the newer guys that have questions!

2016 Ram Laramie 3500, G56, 6.7, MM3 by Double R Diesel, Rough Country Leveling, 35x12.50 Nitto G2, HID headlights and fogs plus many many other add ons.....

2016 RAM 3500 4x4 Laramie Crew Cab
    Cummins,G56, Rough Country level, Morimoto LED fog lights, LED headlights, Lund Attitude Steps sprayed with Line-X, DRL's Activated, 35x12.50R18 Falken Wildpeak ATW3, Fuel Vapor Wheels Matte Black w/Dark Tint, A.R.E. Truck cap and swing boxes

10. Top Of Page | #16

User Info Menu

Thank you for the helpfull write up... and a face to go with the name! We don't get that very often. You look awful serious though. LOL.
    If you don't mind, I'd add 2 things. Ray has a video that suggests removing the guide pins before pushing the 2 halves of the controller together to help it seat better. Also, from my own experience, tape or zip tie the usb cable in place right by the plug on the controller. If that sucker wiggles around enough, the monitor will keep going blank.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

2012 CCSB Saddle Brown Pearl... DRD tuned

11. Likes watersupply189 liked this post
  12. Top Of Page | #17

User Info Menu

Yes the guide pins I forgot about. That can be confusing because the instructions that came with tuner showed to install them but videos from DRD showed to not.
    The obd port plug, I saw somewhere there is a plastic retaining clip they sell that goes over and holds your connection. If I find it and it seems good and I buy it, will post that up.

A pid question. What is the pid if there is one to show soot % on DPF?

Also how do I add or alert someone to a post?
    Was going to alert or send this post to DRS
    But don't know how.

Last edited by DIESELWRKS; 12-30-2018 at 01:14 AM. Reason: Add.

Justin

13. Likes watersupply189 liked this post
  14. Top Of Page | #18

User Info Menu

[QUOTE=DIESELWRKS;133451]Yes the guide pins I forgot about. That can be confusing because the instructions that came with tuner showed to install them but videos from DRD showed to not.
    The obd port plug, I saw somewhere there is a plastic retaining clip they sell that goes over and holds your connection. If I find it and it seems good and I buy it, will post that up.

A pid question. What is the pid if there is one to show soot % on DPF?

Also how do I add or alert someone to a post?
    Was going to alert or send this post to DRS
    But don't know how.[/QUOTE @DIESELWRKS Put @ in front of their forum name. It should be underlined if correct. It is in tapatalk anyway.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

2012 CCSB Saddle Brown Pearl... DRD tuned

15. Thanks watersupply189 thanked for this post
    Likes watersupply189 liked this post
  16. Top Of Page | #19

User Info Menu

Thanks I don't have tapatalk installed so using this way do I put the @ then name anywhere in the post?

Justin

17. Likes watersupply189 liked this post
  18. Top Of Page | #20

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by DIESELWRKS View Post
    Installed..
    So as you all know when you have went through installing the MM3 once you start to do it, it's pretty straight forward. First Off thanks DRD.
    For the tunes, product all the videos. There are alot of them but for a reason. We all have questions. I have only drive about 5 miles so far.
    Impression
    The truck has quicker response, smooth response. I actually chirp the tires taking off from my house and wasn't trying.
    The shifts are firmer and solid. I know the tranny is still learning. I'm learning..
    @DOUBLE R DIESEL

Justin

19. Likes watersupply189 liked this post
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast