Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  3
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 6.7 smoke on rainy days

1. Top Of Page | #1

User Info Menu

6.7 smoke on rainy days

So I'm new to diesels I have a 2011 6.7 recently deleted 6-speed beast. I been having a problem with blue smoke on rainy days and wet days. I've changed the fuel filter, fuel cap, fuel additives, air filter, had the dealership check it out they ruled out bad injectors and said it was bad fuel. I say bs to that cause I can be on the same tank and be fine tell it rains or wet snow comes and hello fog machine! The one thing that is really weird when at a light or at idle and smoking I open my door and it stops smoking as soon as i shut the door and take off it starts again. Now it's only when half throttle and changing gears and at idle. Any thoughts?

2. Likes TheSleeperGoat liked this post
  3. Top Of Page | #2

User Info Menu

Re: 6.7 smoke on rainy days

Quote Originally Posted by KCcumminS17 View Post
    So I'm new to diesels I have a 2011 6.7 recently deleted 6-speed beast. I been having a problem with blue smoke on rainy days and wet days. I've changed the fuel filter, fuel cap, fuel additives, air filter, had the dealership check it out they ruled out bad injectors and said it was bad fuel. I say bs to that cause I can be on the same tank and be fine tell it rains or wet snow comes and hello fog machine! The one thing that is really weird when at a light or at idle and smoking I open my door and it stops smoking as soon as i shut the door and take off it starts again. Now it's only when half throttle and changing gears and at idle. Any thoughts?

Is it warm or cold? More details about the truck please. Mileage? When was the oil last changed and was it done with the proper oil? Diesels don't use car oil

2003- 3500 RWD Automatic.
    S & B intake, BD Intercooler, Pusher Air Horn, MM3 Double R Tuning, Turbo Timer, electric Flex-a-lite fans, FASS 95,
    50 HP tips, upgrade to 351 turbo, 3.42 gears, Twin air compressors, air bags, Remote dual oil filters, Hellwig sway bar, Front Winch. Home made Fuel Heater, BD Exhaust brake with Torque Lock. Tons of TLC

4. Top Of Page | #3

User Info Menu

It has 238k the oil was done at the dealer at 2k ago and the truck can be cold or warm it still smokes. For example it was smoking this morning temp outside was 40 the truck temp after warm up 117. Left work no smoke but yesterday it smoked all day. Oh and the coolant level is good, no leaks. I doesn't smoke till I pull away.

5. Top Of Page | #4

User Info Menu

It has 238k the oil was done at the dealer at 2k ago and the truck can be cold or warm it still smokes. For example it was smoking this morning temp outside was 40 the truck temp after warm up 117. Left work no smoke but yesterday it smoked all day. Oh and the coolant level is good, no leaks. I doesn't smoke till I pull away.
    Does this blue smoke have a real oiley eye burning smell to it?
    Lets try doing some cleaning first. But, if they are the original injectors, you're due. @Dude's Diesel Performance can help you out with the right quality injectors. We can help you with instructions on how to change them. But first, just in case, lets clean them. Don't know if we're wasting money or not. But it's not allot and you'll love the truck on the fuel additive. It will prevent this from happening in the furure, and the truck will run allot smoother.

Get 2 bottles https://www.archoil.com/products/ar6...ystem-cleaners

Get 1 Bottle https://www.archoil.com/products/ar6200-fuel-treatment

If you're in colder climate get this instead. You can go to the 6200 in spring https://www.archoil.com/products/ar6...esel-treatment

You know what to do. Make sure you let me know if it clears up. Tag me, quote me so i know to look. Good luck

S & B intake, BD Intercooler, Pusher Air Horn, MM3 Double R Tuning, Turbo Timer, electric Flex-a-lite fans, FASS 95,
    50 HP tips, upgrade to 351 turbo, 3.42 gears, Twin air compressors, air bags, Remote dual oil filters, Hellwig sway bar, Front Winch. Home made Fuel Heater, BD Exhaust brake with Torque Lock. Tons of TLC

6. Likes walla2k5 liked this post
  7. Top Of Page | #5

User Info Menu

Thank you for your help

8. Likes walla2k5 liked this post
  9. Top Of Page | #6

User Info Menu

Thank you for your help
    I asked about the smell of the blue smoke. I've cured allot of similiar problems with this advice for others. If the smoke smells like I asked above, I want to store that info in my pea brain for future reference.

By the way, you can get the arch oil on Amazon too. Most of it is free shipping

10. Top Of Page | #7

User Info Menu

Thank you Mr. Steve. I will gladly help with injectors and most definitely help with the install.

Archoil is some good stuff. It is proven and has helped a lot of people. I have used it myself and am extremely happy with the product. They definitely know what they are doing.

Matthew 6:9-13, 2 Corinthians 5:20
    See what we are up to on:
    FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM
    Or Email us at:
    sales@ddpmotorsports.com
    www.ddpmotorsports.com

11. Top Of Page | #8

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Polaraco View Post
    I asked about the smell of the blue smoke. I've cured allot of similiar problems with this advice for others. If the smoke smells like I asked above, I want to store that info in my pea brain for future reference.

By the way, you can get the arch oil on Amazon too. Most of it is free shipping
    It does. What does that mean?

12. Top Of Page | #9

User Info Menu

It does. What does that mean?
    That's unburned fuel. It's usually caused by low pressure or bad tip dispersal. Carbon in the cylinders can do it too. The system cleaner I showed you addresses carbon issues as well. It's the best stuff I ever used for that too. If I remember right, you do allot of short trips? Was that you? I amswer so many tech threads. I get into overload

13. Top Of Page | #10

User Info Menu

I do. I have order the archoil hopefully this works.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast