Thanks Thanks:  13
Likes Likes:  22
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Aisin or 68RFE

1. Top Of Page | #11
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

This all boils down to one question: Are you going to leave the truck stock? If the answer is no, get the 68. If the answer is yes, get the Aisin.

2. Thanks DRD, fourteen thanked for this post
    Likes DRD, oneshotkyle, Polaraco, fourteen liked this post
  3. Top Of Page | #12

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Double R Diesel View Post
    Both are good transmissions. Built automatic trannys are expensive. I too wish I had a G56, but my wife doesn't want to drive a manual.

The 68RFE doesn't get credit for how good it is if you take care of it. They do last longer with good tuning.

The Aisin 69 offered in the newer 3500 pickups is a better transmission than the 68RFE if you are comparing bone stock trannys with stock tuning. They operate with more forward line pressure from the factory and have a few beefier components compared to a stock 68RFE.

The kicker has been for guys who like a tuned truck is that nobody has attempted to crack the TCM of the Aisin 69 and tune it. However, I've heard rumors that both RaceME and Smarty have plans to address tuning the Aisin in the future. I tuned Aisin would be a sweet deal!

Ray
    Double R Diesel, LLC
    www.doublerdiesel.com
    info@doublerdiesel.com
    Quote Originally Posted by Rhinopkc View Post
    This all boils down to one question: Are you going to leave the truck stock? If the answer is no, get the 68. If the answer is yes, get the Aisin.
    Gee Why didn't I say that???

2003- 3500 RWD Automatic.
    S & B intake, BD Intercooler, Pusher Air Horn, MM3 Double R Tuning, Turbo Timer, electric Flex-a-lite fans, FASS 95,
    50 HP tips, upgrade to 351 turbo, 3.42 gears, Twin air compressors, air bags, Remote dual oil filters, Hellwig sway bar, Front Winch. Home made Fuel Heater, BD Exhaust brake with Torque Lock. Tons of TLC

4. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
    Likes IGOTACUMMINS, oneshotkyle liked this post
  5. Top Of Page | #13
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

I don't know, why didn't you?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

6. Likes oneshotkyle liked this post
  7. Top Of Page | #14

User Info Menu

Pfffff. I was gonna but they beat me to it.

2015 laramie 3500 CCLB G56 4x4/Thuren springs/trackbar/swaybar with King's on Walker's with 37 Toyo mt's. Raceme/Arp625's/BBI 1.5's/Stainless Diesel 467.7/Airdog 165 4g/Fleece 10mm CP3/GDP grid delete and S3/Hellman VC.....Warp by double r diesel

8. Top Of Page | #15

User Info Menu

Gotta go with the Aisin.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

'06 3500 SRW LWB
    G56 Valair DD
    90HP Dynomite Injs.
    Cat. Removed
    Wallet Empty
    AutoMeter Pyro.

9. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
    Likes IGOTACUMMINS liked this post
  10. Top Of Page | #16

User Info Menu

Aisin all the way! I have the Aisin in a 2015 and had the 68RFE in a 2014, which I still get to drive.

Both trucks are now deleted. My Aisin performs tremendously well. Runs cooler than the 68RFE and shifts smoother. Automatically defuels upon shift. I've ran my truck hard on 200 HP, 29+ timing, and 1900 line psi. Of course I don't have trans tuning. It runs better with the old update though. (Motor and mileage). The 68RFE transmission on the same settings responds quicker but scares me in the sense it feels like it can't handle the power. My Aisin feels solid and smoother. Perhaps I'm wrong but by the "seat of the pants feel" I'd say the Aisin is better! Now just imagine what happens when you can tune the Aisin? But it does cost more and you can only get it in a 3500.

Also just to note, neither of the trucks have been 4x4 boost launched or driven like someone stole it with the cops chasing them!

My friend has a built 68RFE from ATS on a 2014 tuned with EFI Live (not sure that matters) and he destroyed his stock tranny in 5K miles. He is on his 3rd ATS warranty tranny. I have 15K more miles on my Aisin since deleted and tuned than he has on all 4 transmissions. Just sayin.......

11. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS, dieseljeeper thanked for this post
    Likes IGOTACUMMINS, dieseljeeper liked this post
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12