Thanks Thanks:  1,458
Likes Likes:  2,874
Page 69 of 253 FirstFirst ... 1959676869707179119169 ... LastLast

Thread: RaceME Ultra Update and Upcoming RaceME Custom Tuning

1. Top Of Page | #681

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by oneshotkyle View Post
    Wow, even the so called data logging and custom turning can have problems. I thought that was the end all
    Well to be fair to all sides, when it comes to EFI Live for the 4th Gens it depends on who's EFI Live it is. Much of the 4th Gen EFI Live is self mapped by the tuners who sell it...meaning one shop's EFI Live may not be as thorough as an another's. So if an issue lies inside the calibration file in a place not mapped out, it cannot be logged or corrected.

I feel RaceME has had to deal with problems beyond their control at times as well...however they have proven themselves to be always be working on improving their product on a commercial basis. This is big plus for RaceME in my eyes. Where EFI Live has chosen to stop their commercial 4th Gen development, RaceME is obviously still working to build the ultimate tuning platform.

Ray
    Double R Diesel, LLC
    www.doublerdiesel.com
    info@doublerdiesel.com

The Cummins Whisperer! John 3:16, Romans 10:9-10...Tuning for the Heart and Soul.

2. Thanks oneshotkyle, IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
  3. Top Of Page | #682

User Info Menu

Just installed the raceme ultra and flopro delete and sinister egr delete really like it made the 2015 run so much better will get pics and other info up soon as I can

4. Top Of Page | #683

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Cumminsram15 View Post
    Just installed the raceme ultra and flopro delete and sinister egr delete really like it made the 2015 run so much better will get pics and other info up soon as I can
    Sweet! Welcome to the club!!

Ray
    Double R Diesel, LLC
    www.doublerdiesel.com
    info@doublerdiesel.com

The Cummins Whisperer! John 3:16, Romans 10:9-10...Tuning for the Heart and Soul.

5. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
    Likes IGOTACUMMINS, jpterbl1, oneshotkyle liked this post
  6. Top Of Page | #684

User Info Menu

FloPro exhaust 5 inch aluminum or stainless?
    What's the advantages of stainless over aluminium and is Flopro a good exhaust to go with.

7. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
    Likes IGOTACUMMINS liked this post
  8. Top Of Page | #685

User Info Menu

Stainless will last longer, and look better over time. Some say stainless has a slightly lower rumble. Flopro is good. Or has been for me anyway. Expect some possible shipping damage though, with large heavy boxes the ends of some of the pipe usually get smashed up a little. Not hard to fix up with rubber mallet though.

2015 Black Laramie CCSB 3500 SRW. Thuren Leveled With Fox 2.0 Shocks. Ride Rite Rear Air Bags With Wireless Airlift Onboard Air. 35" Toyos. All The Options Minus The Soot Cookers. RaceMe Ultra.

9. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
  10. Top Of Page | #686

User Info Menu

If there is any salt on the roads during winters, definitely Stainless!

Sent from my Samsung Note 4

11. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
    Likes IGOTACUMMINS liked this post
  12. Top Of Page | #687

User Info Menu

I just installed raceme ultra with 5in TBE with a 30in resonator and sinister egr delete. Runs awesome although my outside airtem is off going to try what Franz said and reprogram with a batt charger. Exhaust is quiet stock quiet LOL other than hearing the air rush through it and the turbo whistle. Even WOT can hardley hear in cab. Time for a clutch now

13. Top Of Page | #688

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by jfarrar30 View Post
    I just installed raceme ultra with 5in TBE with a 30in resonator and sinister egr delete. Runs awesome although my outside airtem is off going to try what Franz said and reprogram with a batt charger. Exhaust is quiet stock quiet LOL other than hearing the air rush through it and the turbo whistle. Even WOT can hardley hear in cab. Time for a clutch now
    I started out with the resonator also on my TBE. It is very quiet inside the cab but it will surprise you on the outside. I didn't realize how loud it actually was until I set my phone up and videoed it. However, I did order the muffler delete for around $40-$50 and you can definitely hear it now. I come from gas engines with long tubes and offroad pipes and I will tell you that the straight piped diesel is no where close to obnoxious as the gas engine! Even my wife doesn't mind the diesel sound, which surprised me!

14. Top Of Page | #689

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by theaaronbush View Post
    I started out with the resonator also on my TBE. It is very quiet inside the cab but it will surprise you on the outside. I didn't realize how loud it actually was until I set my phone up and videoed it. However, I did order the muffler delete for around $40-$50 and you can definitely hear it now. I come from gas engines with long tubes and offroad pipes and I will tell you that the straight piped diesel is no where close to obnoxious as the gas engine! Even my wife doesn't mind the diesel sound, which surprised me!

Yeah i have the 30 inch FTE on this truck. My 04 5.9 i ran 5 inch straight sounded awesome but hella loud when towing heavy. No drone in cab till you hooked something to the truck then lookout LOL. So I put a 17in FTE resonator on it and it was just right still throaty and no drone. Kinda loud at high idle for the neighbors so i put the 30 on this truck but dodnt think it would quiet down as much as it did. When summer comes and I no longer leave it out in the driveway screaming for 5 to 10 minutes i will probably pull the resonator

15. Likes E.mccarthy7018 liked this post
  16. Top Of Page | #690

User Info Menu

Ok I got two questions, does the EGT probe need separate power besides the race altra hook up?

"For doing a automatically update you only must pull the OBD connector and tuner will make a cold start and update itself with latest software from SD card"

What is the OBD connector and do I do this on my first install?

Page 69 of 253 FirstFirst ... 1959676869707179119169 ... LastLast