Thanks Thanks:  6
Likes Likes:  9

Thread: which programmer?

1. Top Of Page | #1

User Info Menu

which programmer?

I'm getting ready to put a turbo back exhaust on my 2011 6.7 and I'm trying to decide on a tuner. I like the bullydog but I've heard some people say they can be sort of problematic, anybody got any good suggestions? I would like an efi live or a mini maxx but I really need to keep it in the $500 range.

2. Top Of Page | #2

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by jas View Post
    I'm getting ready to put a turbo back exhaust on my 2011 6.7 and I'm trying to decide on a tuner. I like the bullydog but I've heard some people say they can be sort of problematic, anybody got any good suggestions? I would like an efi live or a mini maxx but I really need to keep it in the $500 range.
    Your best bet for your budget is to find a used mini maxx or xrt pro H&S tuner. Just make sure its not still VIN locked.

Ray

www.doublerdiesel.com
    email: info@doublerdiesel.com

The Cummins Whisperer! John 3:16, Romans 10:9-10...Tuning for the Heart and Soul.

3. Top Of Page | #3

User Info Menu

any naysayers against the "DPF delete electrinics" because the only reason why in want a programmer is to correct for the exhaust delete but it'd be cheaper just to get the delete electronics. I'd just have to figure out a way to correct the speedometer when I get larger tires. Thoughts???

4. Top Of Page | #4

User Info Menu

If you are looking for a delete tuner on a budget look for a RaceME (may also be listed as RaceME Jr) all it does is deletes but it does it well. And with the newer model just released you can find some good deals out there.

Greg
    2012 CCSB CTD 2500 | XRT PRO w/MCC by Double R Diesel

Greg
    2019 | RAM 2500 | CCSB | 6.4 HEMI

5. Top Of Page | #5

User Info Menu

Looked at what they cost new and I could almost swing getting a new one. So I kept looking around and I think I've narrowed it down to 3 programmers. 1. Bully dog triple dog GT patinum 2. Edge evolution cts2 with color touch screen 3. Smarty jr. Kind of leaning towards the edge because it seems like I'd be getting the most for my money. But wanted to get yalls opinions first. Things I really need to know are how hard is it to install (heard the bully dog can be a pain) and how likely is it going to tear up my truck. My last truck was a 2001 5.9 and shortly after we bought it we had to rebuild the transmission and the transmission shop likes to blame the superchip I had on it

6. Top Of Page | #6

User Info Menu

Unless something changed recently, neither Bully Dog or Edge support deletes. The Smarty Jr race aversions and RaceME are almost identical in form and function. Of the 2 I recommend getting the RaceME as the company is still in business and actively supporting their products.

Greg

Greg

7. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
    Likes IGOTACUMMINS liked this post
  8. Top Of Page | #7

User Info Menu

raceME jr it is then. Found a good package deal on ebay with a 5" FloPro turbo back exhaust plus a raceME jr for a good price I can afford. Hopefully I'll be able to run this setup without having any problems. Thanks so much for the help, check out my next thread for my next series of annoying noob questions

9. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
    Likes Power247, IGOTACUMMINS liked this post
  10. Top Of Page | #8

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by jas View Post
    raceME jr it is then. Found a good package deal on ebay with a 5" FloPro turbo back exhaust plus a raceME jr for a good price I can afford. Hopefully I'll be able to run this setup without having any problems. Thanks so much for the help, check out my next thread for my next series of annoying noob questions
    I ran a RaceME Jr before moving to custom tuning. Very good unit. Before you order off EBay, check out @Double R Diesel LLC. Ray is a forum sponsor and one heck of a great guy. I am sure he can get you what you need at a very comparable if not better price.

Greg

Greg

11. Thanks DRD thanked for this post
    Likes DRD liked this post
  12. Top Of Page | #9

User Info Menu

Watch what you get on eBay. Lots of garbage and no support.

Ask us how to become a Lifetime Platinum Member today!

"The grass is greener where you water it"

13. Thanks Diesel Dawgs Performance thanked for this post
  14. Top Of Page | #10

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Power247 View Post
    I ran a RaceME Jr before moving to custom tuning. Very good unit. Before you order off EBay, check out @Double R Diesel LLC. Ray is a forum sponsor and one heck of a great guy. I am sure he can get you what you need at a very comparable if not better price.

Greg
    Speaking of @Double R Diesel LLC Where is that masked man?

Yeah What they said. Ebay sellers just take money. There are exceptions, but it
    s suggested you deal with one of our sponsor vendors. We have a good bunch here.

2003- 3500 RWD Automatic.
    S & B intake, BD Intercooler, Pusher Air Horn, MM3 Double R Tuning, Turbo Timer, electric Flex-a-lite fans, FASS 95,
    50 HP tips, upgrade to 351 turbo, 3.42 gears, Twin air compressors, air bags, Remote dual oil filters, Hellwig sway bar, Front Winch. Home made Fuel Heater, BD Exhaust brake with Torque Lock. Tons of TLC

15. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS, DRD thanked for this post
    Likes IGOTACUMMINS, DRD liked this post