Thanks Thanks:  7
Likes Likes:  9
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Broken truck, broken tuner

1. Top Of Page | #1

User Info Menu

Broken truck, broken tuner

So while hooking up my tuner, I unplugged the micro usb under the dash on the little black box to rearrange some wires, when I went to plug it back in I realized the micro usb socket had pulled out of the box and was still attached to the usb cable. This is really bad timing to have this problem, I just removed the DPF and installed a Sinister EGR Delete Kit, a Sinister Blue Throttle Valve Delete, turbo back 5" Stainless Exhaust, a RaceMe Ultra Tuner and an aFe Magnum FORCE Stage-2 Air Intake.
    Anyway to start from the beginning, prior to the problem with the micro usb connection, about two weeks ago my overhead console had a readout that the DPF was at 80%, well within just a few miles the info center had a readout that the DPF was at 100%, something like return to dealership asap. So the following day on the way to the dealership trying to get onto the highway the truck had no power at all, then the exhaust started blowing white smoke, the smoke soon dissipated but the truck still was lacking power. The info console had another readout that said the motor had been derated and to go to dealership. After visiting the dealership who could not get the truck in for another week, and had mentioned a lot of their customers do the deletes rather than dumping a lot of their money into the DPF, I ordered the parts to do the deletes. When the RaceMe Ultra came in the mail I read up on it and did the software update, (which is when I found this web site because of trying to use a unzip tool other than 7-zip, the zip file wasn’t working, btw thanks for the info) anyway, I took a day removed the cat, DPF, throttle valve, and egr cooler, got all the new parts in, plugged in the tuner, cleared the codes and everything seemed fine. But come to find out even though the overhead console was cleared of the warnings that it had been displaying, the truck still had no power and the tuner was showing the codes that I have pictures of below. Anyway here I am today busted tuner and truck and so far not getting any word from the guys that sold me the package what they can do for me about the broken tuner.
    raceme broke.jpgraceme1.jpgraceme2.jpgraceme3.jpgraceme4.jpg

2. Top Of Page | #2

User Info Menu

2003- 3500 RWD Automatic.
    S & B intake, BD Intercooler, Pusher Air Horn, MM3 Double R Tuning, Turbo Timer, electric Flex-a-lite fans, FASS 95,
    50 HP tips, upgrade to 351 turbo, 3.42 gears, Twin air compressors, air bags, Remote dual oil filters, Hellwig sway bar, Front Winch. Home made Fuel Heater, BD Exhaust brake with Torque Lock. Tons of TLC

3. Top Of Page | #3

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Ladderman View Post
    So while hooking up my tuner, I unplugged the micro usb under the dash on the little black box to rearrange some wires, when I went to plug it back in I realized the micro usb socket had pulled out of the box and was still attached to the usb cable. This is really bad timing to have this problem, I just removed the DPF and installed a Sinister EGR Delete Kit, a Sinister Blue Throttle Valve Delete, turbo back 5" Stainless Exhaust, a RaceMe Ultra Tuner and an aFe Magnum FORCE Stage-2 Air Intake.
    Anyway to start from the beginning, prior to the problem with the micro usb connection, about two weeks ago my overhead console had a readout that the DPF was at 80%, well within just a few miles the info center had a readout that the DPF was at 100%, something like return to dealership asap. So the following day on the way to the dealership trying to get onto the highway the truck had no power at all, then the exhaust started blowing white smoke, the smoke soon dissipated but the truck still was lacking power. The info console had another readout that said the motor had been derated and to go to dealership. After visiting the dealership who could not get the truck in for another week, and had mentioned a lot of their customers do the deletes rather than dumping a lot of their money into the DPF, I ordered the parts to do the deletes. When the RaceMe Ultra came in the mail I read up on it and did the software update, (which is when I found this web site because of trying to use a unzip tool other than 7-zip, the zip file wasn’t working, btw thanks for the info) anyway, I took a day removed the cat, DPF, throttle valve, and egr cooler, got all the new parts in, plugged in the tuner, cleared the codes and everything seemed fine. But come to find out even though the overhead console was cleared of the warnings that it had been displaying, the truck still had no power and the tuner was showing the codes that I have pictures of below. Anyway here I am today busted tuner and truck and so far not getting any word from the guys that sold me the package what they can do for me about the broken tuner.
    Oh my! Brother you have had some terrible luck!

First of all, have you contacted Franz at RaceME? Since the retailer is not offering customer support (lots of this going on in the RaceME arena and it burns me up!!!) go straight to the top! He will help! The Ultra has a year warranty BTW.

You've got to get the Ultra fixed/replaced first. Then reprogram the truck. Those codes look like it didn't receive the delete tuning and thus why she is running in limp mode.

Email Franz at: office@raceme.eu

We will help you get fixed up!!
    @Franz

Ray

www.doublerdiesel.com
    email: info@doublerdiesel.com

The Cummins Whisperer! John 3:16, Romans 10:9-10...Tuning for the Heart and Soul.

4. Thanks Polaraco thanked for this post
    Likes Polaraco liked this post
  5. Top Of Page | #4

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Double R Diesel LLC View Post
    Oh my! Brother you have had some terrible luck!

First of all, have you contacted Franz at RaceME? Since the retailer is not offering customer support (lots of this going on in the RaceME arena and it burns me up!!!) go straight to the top! He will help! The Ultra has a year warranty BTW.

You've got to get the Ultra fixed/replaced first. Then reprogram the truck. Those codes look like it didn't receive the delete tuning and thus why she is running in limp mode.

Email Franz at: office@raceme.eu

We will help you get fixed up!!
    @Franz

Ray

www.doublerdiesel.com
    email: info@doublerdiesel.com
    When it comes to this RaceMe tuning shtuff, I sent you the first string. None of this 911 and get put on hold crap.

S & B intake, BD Intercooler, Pusher Air Horn, MM3 Double R Tuning, Turbo Timer, electric Flex-a-lite fans, FASS 95,
    50 HP tips, upgrade to 351 turbo, 3.42 gears, Twin air compressors, air bags, Remote dual oil filters, Hellwig sway bar, Front Winch. Home made Fuel Heater, BD Exhaust brake with Torque Lock. Tons of TLC

6. Thanks DRD thanked for this post
    Likes DRD liked this post
  7. Top Of Page | #5

User Info Menu

I'll send Franz a message. Thanks for the help, i'm sure I'll be picking your brains to get my truck running right.

8. Thanks DRD thanked for this post
    Likes DRD liked this post
  9. Top Of Page | #6

User Info Menu

I'm not sure if this would work or if you would even know anyone close running an ultra, but I'm wondering if you did, and if you could borrow his dongle quick just to get your truck tuned and up and going. I would think that should work.

2015 Black Laramie CCSB 3500 SRW. Thuren Leveled With Fox 2.0 Shocks. Ride Rite Rear Air Bags With Wireless Airlift Onboard Air. 35" Toyos. All The Options Minus The Soot Cookers. RaceMe Ultra.

10. Likes Country_Boy liked this post
  11. Top Of Page | #7

User Info Menu

Sorry for your issues
    You will get replacement and I think it is already on it's way to you.

However what I have seen on picture #2 is you never tuned your truck with our program because you can see a "NO VIN tuned!"
    If you have all the DPF and EGR codes you always should re check what you have done. In your case you did program truck back to stock program without deletes.
    If trucks VIN is not locked to tuner you did not program truck with the delete program.

Franz

12. Thanks DRD, Polaraco thanked for this post
    Likes DRD, Polaraco liked this post
  13. Top Of Page | #8
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

Sucks to hear your having these issues, and glad you brought them here for help. I'm sure you'll be up and going soon now that Franz is taking care of you. For others reading this debating on options and if they should do it... This is the reason everyone says to program the truck, make sure it takes then start turning wrenches. OP, not trying to bash you or throw you under the bus, I did the same thing when I installed my mini maxx, and had issues because I didn't update first. Luckily my oops was user error that was simply fixed.

Sent from a Well Head

14. Top Of Page | #9

User Info Menu

Hey Smokey! Let us know when you're up and running
    @Franz Good Job!

15. Top Of Page | #10

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Franz View Post
    Sorry for your issues
    You will get replacement and I think it is already on it's way to you.

However what I have seen on picture #2 is you never tuned your truck with our program because you can see a "NO VIN tuned!"
    If you have all the DPF and EGR codes you always should re check what you have done. In your case you did program truck back to stock program without deletes.
    If trucks VIN is not locked to tuner you did not program truck with the delete program.

Franz
    Thanks so much Franz for getting that part right out to me, Since it has shown up I have hooked it up, I have tried a few different tunes, and have felt a noticeable difference and the overhead console no longer shows the DPF filter full message. Of coarse nothing is that easy for me. I went to work yesterday morning everything seemed to be working fine, My shift is 24hrs long, I went out this morning started my truck with no problem except the display on the ultra would not come on, there are led lights flashing though, with a pattern of two red flashes, one green flash, and two more red flashes over and over and the display does not come on. The day prior I was still having two codes coming up shown in the pic, I looked them up online and looks like I may have unhooked too many Wires?
    Any thoughts?
    20151103_092829.jpg

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast