Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Wiring Schematic (Again)

1. Top Of Page | #1

User Info Menu

Wiring Schematic (Again)

Hey guys, made & installed a headache rack on the fiance'e's 2001 3/4 ton (dodge obviously) and was going to tap into the cluster of wires underneath the cab running to the back of the bed. Need to tap into the Parking Lights, Brake Lights & Reverse Lights. I would do the turn signals but as i'm sitting here typing it has dawned on me that I forgot to wire for the turn signal on the right hand side.... made it connected to the left hand side........ and everything is welded up, sealed, painted & mounted.... ANYWAY. I would appreciate any feedback for a wiring schematic of the colors of wires i need to tap into that run from the cab back to the bed to the taillights & reverse lights. Thank you much guys!!!!

SparkyU

aka not an electrician......

2. Top Of Page | #2
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

Hopefully someone has that for you, but if not, what I would do is go pop the tail light out and see what wire goes where there, and hope it's the same back where your planning on splicing in. If it's not the same, I'd get a test light with a pierce needle turn on running lights, find wire and splice in, leave engine off, but turn key on and put in reverse, and do same, (actually I'd do same thing I did on my 09, and tap reverse on the light bar into the cab's bed work light) then if by yourself find a brick or something heavy to put on the brake pedal to turn the brake lights on.

3. Top Of Page | #3

User Info Menu

Yep, some times the hard way is the only way...

Greg
    2019 | RAM 2500 | CCSB | 6.4 HEMI

4. Top Of Page | #4
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

Kinda surprised @Polaraco hasn't chimed in. He usually has the hard to find, "when would anyone need that?" Info LOL

5. Top Of Page | #5
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

You get it done Sparky? Got any pics?

6. Top Of Page | #6

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by thewildkarrd@doublerdiesel View Post
    Kinda surprised @Polaraco hasn't chimed in. He usually has the hard to find, "when would anyone need that?" Info LOL
    Believe it or not, If I don't have the answer, I shut up. LOL

I only have the diagram for 03/04. For 35 bucks you can get a CD

2003- 3500 RWD Automatic.
    S & B intake, BD Intercooler, Pusher Air Horn, MM3 Double R Tuning, Turbo Timer, electric Flex-a-lite fans, FASS 95,
    50 HP tips, upgrade to 351 turbo, 3.42 gears, Twin air compressors, air bags, Remote dual oil filters, Hellwig sway bar, Front Winch. Home made Fuel Heater, BD Exhaust brake with Torque Lock. Tons of TLC

7. Top Of Page | #7
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

I wonder how upset they would be if you went down to the parts store and found the diagram in a Haynes or chiltons manual and took a pic?

8. Top Of Page | #8

User Info Menu

There's always a good test light and some liquid electrical tape to plug the hole

2003- 3500 RWD Automatic.
    S & B intake, BD Intercooler, Pusher Air Horn, MM3 Double R Tuning, Turbo Timer, electric Flex-a-lite fans, FASS 95,
    50 HP tips, upgrade to 351 turbo, 3.42 gears, Twin air compressors, air bags, Remote dual oil filters, Hellwig sway bar, Front Winch. Home made Fuel Heater, BD Exhaust brake with Torque Lock. Tons of TLC