Thanks Thanks:  14
Likes Likes:  18
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Auto-engage turbo exhaust brake at start up

1. Top Of Page | #11

User Info Menu

Well I'll tell ya. With MCC we are limited to what we can do turbo wise. We don't have access to the coolant modified tables for turbo operations, specifically the exhaust brake function with temperature as well as coolant based engine idle. However, with EFI things are going to be different. We've already got access to some of these tables already and I expect full control when it's all said and done. I'm really excited about sotf capacity EFI may be able to achieve on 4th gens. Wouldn't it be cool to have complete sotf tunes?? I'm mean sotf everything. Durations, timing, pressure, turbo mapping etc... Then we could have a granny tune, sound tunes, all out performance at the turn of a switch!! It may just happen!!!

In the meantime, I may experiment with a increased whistle tune for the turbo. I'll have to be careful though because it will take clamping down on the turbo hard off idle...Don't want to raise the drive pressure and cylinder pressure too quick! But if it worked, we might could have like a 6.0 Ford turbo sound. Just a thought...

The Cummins Whisperer! John 3:16, Romans 10:9-10...Tuning for the Heart and Soul.

2. Thanks Power247 thanked for this post
    Likes Power247 liked this post
  3. Top Of Page | #12

User Info Menu

Thank you Ray for entertaining the thoughts and ramblings of a guy that only knows enough about diesels to make a mess of it. It is reassuring to have a tuner that won't send anything out that he would deem safe to operate on his own truck.

I am really intrigued by the capabilities of efi live. Sotf would be great if is truly sotf. This is going to be really fun to watch develop!

Greg
    2019 | RAM 2500 | CCSB | 6.4 HEMI

4. Likes DRD liked this post
  5. Top Of Page | #13
    Quote Originally Posted by Double R Diesel View Post
    Well I'll tell ya. With MCC we are limited to what we can do turbo wise. We don't have access to the coolant modified tables for turbo operations, specifically the exhaust brake function with temperature as well as coolant based engine idle. However, with EFI things are going to be different. We've already got access to some of these tables already and I expect full control when it's all said and done. I'm really excited about sotf capacity EFI may be able to achieve on 4th gens. Wouldn't it be cool to have complete sotf tunes?? I'm mean sotf everything. Durations, timing, pressure, turbo mapping etc... Then we could have a granny tune, sound tunes, all out performance at the turn of a switch!! It may just happen!!!

Sounds expensive. Wish I held off Til I could have used efi live.

6. Top Of Page | #14

User Info Menu

When it's all said and done...I mean when EFI fully developes this platform, this will be very affordable. All your looking at that point is the cost of an autocal and tuning, and possibly a CSP5 switch (for tune switching on the fly).

The Cummins Whisperer! John 3:16, Romans 10:9-10...Tuning for the Heart and Soul.

7. Likes Power247 liked this post
  8. Top Of Page | #15
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

Back to the EB side of things, I could see and eventually will get around to making mine clamp down a bit more aggressively but as for timing when it comes on and kicks off, I wouldn't want it on full time at a certain RPM. I'm interested in a bit more whistle when spooling tho. Mines fairly loud as it is, but there's just something about that whistle

9. Top Of Page | #16
    Quote Originally Posted by thewildkarrd@doublerdiesel View Post
    Back to the EB side of things, I could see and eventually will get around to making mine clamp down a bit more aggressively but as for timing when it comes on and kicks off, I wouldn't want it on full time at a certain RPM. I'm interested in a bit more whistle when spooling tho. Mines fairly loud as it is, but there's just something about that whistle
    I would love some more whistle too. Hey Ray......

LOL

10. Thanks Power247 thanked for this post
    Likes DRD liked this post
  11. Top Of Page | #17
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

LOL, I've got my MCC open right now looking into it (for 3rd gen) idk if I'll get it, but I'm tryin

12. Thanks Power247 thanked for this post
    Likes DRD liked this post
  13. Top Of Page | #18

User Info Menu

I've got something in the works myself for the 4th Gens. Gonna try to make her whistle a bit harder just on throttle but quickly dump the drive pressure as you accelerate. I'll try it out when the weather improves around here. It's a bit icy today! Rare in NC.

14. Likes Power247 liked this post
  15. Top Of Page | #19

User Info Menu

I've got something in the works myself for the 4th Gens. Gonna try to make her whistle a bit harder just on throttle but quickly dump the drive pressure as you accelerate. I'll try it out when the weather improves around here. It's a bit icy today! Rare in NC.
    Today is not the day to be experimenting out on the roads. Much better than the stuff we got last year though.

Greg
    2019 | RAM 2500 | CCSB | 6.4 HEMI

16. Top Of Page | #20
    I'd be happy to check it out too

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast