Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: Delete DPF and tuner ?s

1. Top Of Page | #41
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Polaraco View Post
    Yeah. . There are several actually, but my money is on the terrorist

You have a PM
    I saw that. A link to another thread. Not 100% sure what's up there. I must be missing something

2. Top Of Page | #42

User Info Menu

You're in the Air Force. It's to be expected.

It was about the tuning op

2003- 3500 RWD Automatic.
    S & B intake, BD Intercooler, Pusher Air Horn, MM3 Double R Tuning, Turbo Timer, electric Flex-a-lite fans, FASS 95,
    50 HP tips, upgrade to 351 turbo, 3.42 gears, Twin air compressors, air bags, Remote dual oil filters, Hellwig sway bar, Front Winch. Home made Fuel Heater, BD Exhaust brake with Torque Lock. Tons of TLC

3. Top Of Page | #43
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

You're in the Air Force. It's to be expected.

It was about the tuning op

https://encrypted-tbn1.gstatic.com/i...ppOCYVtd_cuRlA
    That's a huge insult!!! I was Navy. we actually do things. LOL.

4. Top Of Page | #44

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by thewildkarrd@doublerdiesel View Post
    That's a huge insult!!! I was Navy. we actually do things. LOL.
    My mistake. Please accept my apologies. They're both blue.
    Often made me wonder how the Navy got anything done when they wear so much white. LOL

2003- 3500 RWD Automatic.
    S & B intake, BD Intercooler, Pusher Air Horn, MM3 Double R Tuning, Turbo Timer, electric Flex-a-lite fans, FASS 95,
    50 HP tips, upgrade to 351 turbo, 3.42 gears, Twin air compressors, air bags, Remote dual oil filters, Hellwig sway bar, Front Winch. Home made Fuel Heater, BD Exhaust brake with Torque Lock. Tons of TLC

5. Top Of Page | #45
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

Yeah. . There are several actually, but my money is on the terrorist

You have a PM
    As soon as it's released I'm pretty sure Ray is gonna be back at his mad scientist alter ego playing with it and getting it refined as well.

6. Top Of Page | #46

User Info Menu

As soon as it's released I'm pretty sure Ray is gonna be back at his mad scientist alter ego playing with it and getting it refined as well.
    Yup. There will be a V2 and some vin licenses on order in the near future. Now will it make me give up my trustworthy mini maxx with MCC...that's my first question to answer on the 10-12 trucks. 2013-15s will be my second priority with EFI. I'll need a good beta tester for those or lose all common sense and in debt myself for a newer truck to play with.

The Cummins Whisperer! John 3:16, Romans 10:9-10...Tuning for the Heart and Soul.

7. Top Of Page | #47
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Double R Diesel View Post
    Yup. There will be a V2 and some vin licenses on order in the near future. Now will it make me give up my trustworthy mini maxx with MCC...that's my first question to answer on the 10-12 trucks. 2013-15s will be my second priority with EFI. I'll need a good beta tester for those or lose all common sense and in debt myself for a newer truck to play with.
    See I'm curious if there's a way to use both... I mean, the best part of H&S is that it tunes the trans as well. Would be cool since you and others already have the minimaxx to be able to use it for trans tuning and still be able to flash the ecm with efi

8. Top Of Page | #48

User Info Menu

See I'm curious if there's a way to use both... I mean, the best part of H&S is that it tunes the trans as well. Would be cool since you and others already have the minimaxx to be able to use it for trans tuning and still be able to flash the ecm with efi
    Yes indeed. The thing is that the 10 -12s have the ECM and TCM integrated into one PCM unit...and the PCM gets flashed as a whole during a download process. If the EFI platform must rewrite the transmission parameters with each flash, then the transmission tuning via a H&S tuner would be overwritten by the EFI flash...which at this time would be a stock transmission file until EFI integrates trans tuning in their platform. That wouldn't be something I'd want to do personally because I know transmission tuning saves a stock 68RFE from early death. Now on the flip side, if you could just flash the engine parameters via EFI and leave the H&S transmission tuning in place...that would be awesome until EFI lines up transmission tuning for the 68RFE. BTW EFI says they're never gonna try to tune an Aisin because it is controlled by a separate TCM.
    Now things like speedo calibration via a H&S tuner would be not be overwritten by EFI because it is not thing that is flashed into the PCM.

The Cummins Whisperer! John 3:16, Romans 10:9-10...Tuning for the Heart and Soul.

9. Top Of Page | #49

User Info Menu

OUCH! Can you do this stuff yourself? Or find a friend to help you?
    I know right, yeah I could handle doing the work myself. I can find exhaust for less then $400 and the last time I bought a tuner/programmer it wasn't that expensive so I'm starting to think I'll just deal with it for now and keep digging around to see what I can find.

10. Top Of Page | #50
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Thag View Post
    I know right, yeah I could handle doing the work myself. I can find exhaust for less then $400 and the last time I bought a tuner/programmer it wasn't that expensive so I'm starting to think I'll just deal with it for now and keep digging around to see what I can find.
    Programmers that will allow us to put our trucks on a diet have gotten expensive after the EPA put a squeeze on the company's putting them out. The ones that still offer it, and are doing the R&D to keep it going are jumping through alot more hoops and processes to make them just legal enough to sell. The misinformed and uneducated have really made us pay to play in the last year or 2

11. Thanks K-Sons, Power247 thanked for this post
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast