Thanks Thanks:  50
Likes Likes:  65
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: MM3, RT files, and ECM flash

1. Top Of Page | #41

User Info Menu

Re: MM3, RT files, and ECM flash

I just installed my MM3 today. I watched Ray's youtube vids as I did it and everything seemed to go as it should. I selected the 60hp tunes as I don't have a ddc in it yet. I selected send once. I went for a short drive but didn't notice a difference. I restarted the truck an hour later and had to re select the gauges. Is that normal? Hopefully not. Also, I went to rt and the 120 tune was highlighted. Not the 60 that I had previously selected. I also switched to the 60hp whistle tune but it doesn't whistle. Am I doing something wrong?

2. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
    Likes IGOTACUMMINS liked this post
  3. Top Of Page | #42

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by OCP View Post
    I just installed my MM3 today. I watched Ray's youtube vids as I did it and everything seemed to go as it should. I selected the 60hp tunes as I don't have a ddc in it yet. I selected send once. I went for a short drive but didn't notice a difference. I restarted the truck an hour later and had to re select the gauges. Is that normal? Hopefully not. Also, I went to rt and the 120 tune was highlighted. Not the 60 that I had previously selected. I also switched to the 60hp whistle tune but it doesn't whistle. Am I doing something wrong?
    It checked all on my end to make sure I didn't make a mistake. In checking I see your exhaust has not even arrived to you yet. So there's your issue. You can't hear the whistle unless the exhaust is changed. BTW you don't need to drive the truck tuned with delete tuning very long with the factory exhaust because the DPF can clogg without Regeneration cycles.

The truck will always start up on the ecm tune, which I think was a 60HP tune in your case. The RT menu always shows the same order of tunes when you pull it up, so it does not matter if what is highlighted. Just because it was highlighted does not mean that it was programmed in. It just means the "cursor" is on it much like with a computer.

Sorry for any confusion. Hope this makes sense.

Sent from my SM-G930R4 using Tapatalk

The Cummins Whisperer! John 3:16, Romans 10:9-10...Tuning for the Heart and Soul.

4. Top Of Page | #43

User Info Menu

I have a question that may fit in with these questions. I have the 60hp ECM tune and I like to use the 120hp RT tune...MM3 with Rays Warp tuning. I have the pillar mount and when driving I can get distracted with it LOL (want to mess with it or start wanting to monitor too much...this thing is awesome by the way) so I will put it in standby mode which is I guess like turning it off. What happens when I do this? Do the tunes reset? Does it go back to the 60 ECM tune? Or does it stay with the 120 RT Tune?

Thanks,

5. Top Of Page | #44

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by AJAX161 View Post
    I have a question that may fit in with these questions. I have the 60hp ECM tune and I like to use the 120hp RT tune...MM3 with Rays Warp tuning. I have the pillar mount and when driving I can get distracted with it LOL (want to mess with it or start wanting to monitor too much...this thing is awesome by the way) so I will put it in standby mode which is I guess like turning it off. What happens when I do this? Do the tunes reset? Does it go back to the 60 ECM tune? Or does it stay with the 120 RT Tune?

Thanks,
    That's a good question! I don't know for sure is my short answer. To be honest, until I read this, I never realized there was even a standby mode. I will guess though, that putting it in standby will not revert you back to ecm tune. That should require a key off to do. But not totally sure on this.

2015 Black Laramie CCSB 3500 SRW. Thuren Leveled With Fox 2.0 Shocks. Ride Rite Rear Air Bags With Wireless Airlift Onboard Air. 35" Toyos. All The Options Minus The Soot Cookers. RaceMe Ultra.

6. Top Of Page | #45

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by RATLIN'HP View Post
    That's a good question! I don't know for sure is my short answer. To be honest, until I read this, I never realized there was even a standby mode. I will guess though, that putting it in standby will not revert you back to ecm tune. That should require a key off to do. But not totally sure on this.
    Thanks bud! Maybe Ray might chime in with something.

7. Top Of Page | #46

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by AJAX161 View Post

Thanks,
    Hello,

Good question.

The MM3 will stay on the current RTG in use.
    Even if you put the device in standby, it will remain on that power level until you turn the truck off, and the PCM goes to sleep.

Did that answer your question?

8. Thanks RATLIN'HP, DRD, paulb thanked for this post
  9. Top Of Page | #47

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by MM3 Power View Post
    Hello,

Good question.

The MM3 will stay on the current RTG in use.
    Even if you put the device in standby, it will remain on that power level until you turn the truck off, and the PCM goes to sleep.

Did that answer your question?
    Yes Sir! Thanks!

10. Top Of Page | #48

User Info Menu

Ok here another stupid question. How can one tell what tune the truck is on once it's just cranked up & running

11. Top Of Page | #49

User Info Menu

If you don't have it set to an every key on rt file it's on the ecm tune, if you do have it set to an every key on rt tune, then it's that tune you chose.

2015 Black Laramie CCSB 3500 SRW. Thuren Leveled With Fox 2.0 Shocks. Ride Rite Rear Air Bags With Wireless Airlift Onboard Air. 35" Toyos. All The Options Minus The Soot Cookers. RaceMe Ultra.

12. Top Of Page | #50

User Info Menu

You would think it would tell you which tune is loaded or it is on. Thanks

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast