Thanks Thanks:  1
Likes Likes:  3
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: DELETE QUESTION

1. Top Of Page | #1

User Info Menu

DELETE QUESTION

Just got my Raceme ultra and exhaust system today for my 2014, plan on doing the deletes Friday. Not sure what needs to be unplugged under the truck. I'm sure I'll figure it out, but if someone could point me to a how-to or give me some pointers that would be great. Thanks.

2. Likes Chris_24V liked this post
  3. Top Of Page | #2

User Info Menu

When you get to the exhaust start at the back work your way to the front. Have a can of WD-40 to help with the exhaust hangers. I unplugged every exhaust related sensor under the truck. If you are somewhat mechanically inclined you will figure it out, it's fairly simple. I think the hardest part is getting the correct things unplugged related to the EGR valve and intake.

4. Top Of Page | #3

User Info Menu

I found some info on what to unplug for the egr, going to leave it all in place for now till I get over the hurt of what the tuner and exhaust cost. What has to be done on the DEF side?

5. Top Of Page | #4

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by RandyTbo View Post
    I found some info on what to unplug for the egr, going to leave it all in place for now till I get over the hurt of what the tuner and exhaust cost. What has to be done on the DEF side?
    Nothing really just pull all of the sensors out of the exhaust, there is also a line lock that goes in where the DEF injector was, that's about all really. While you are doing it feel free to post any picture with certain sensors or whatever that you have questions about. Also if you'd like I can give you my cell number and you can text me if you have any questions.

6. Top Of Page | #5

User Info Menu

I just did my truck today and it was easy. EGR delete and flo-pro delete pipes. Under the hood fairly easy, exhaust was also fairly easy, but if you can get a helping hand that you be good. JUst unplug all sensor to the stock exhaust and that about it.. Trucks runs like a beast now !!

7. Thanks TX NIGHT TRAIN thanked for this post
    Likes TX NIGHT TRAIN liked this post
  8. Top Of Page | #6

User Info Menu

Got everything done yesterday but unfortunately I may be putting it back to stock. I've tried everything. Even on stock with deletes it won't run right. If I slowly Rev it up it starts sputtering and blowing lots of blue smoke around 1800rpm. I tried installing an older version but it wouldn't recognize my SD card unless I had the current version.

9. Top Of Page | #7

User Info Menu

@Double R Diesel any ideas?

Ask us how to become a Lifetime Platinum Member today!

"The grass is greener where you water it"

10. Top Of Page | #8

User Info Menu

Does anyone have an older version of the firmware I could install? I found an old software version that @Double R Diesel posted but I'm guessing it wont see it because I have the new firmware.

11. Top Of Page | #9

User Info Menu

It sounds like you may have something unplugged that wasn't supposed to be. Sometimes specially on the intake side the wrong plug gets unplugged. Make sure you unplug the one you almost need a mirror to see under the intake horn/throttle valve. Double check all of those and make sure you have good voltage also. The voltage can cause havoc when tuning. Not saying you don't have an issue but I would check everything

12. Likes RATLIN'HP liked this post
  13. Top Of Page | #10

User Info Menu

Yes. Double check everything, and make sure the map sensor didn't get unplugged.

2015 Black Laramie CCSB 3500 SRW. Thuren Leveled With Fox 2.0 Shocks. Ride Rite Rear Air Bags With Wireless Airlift Onboard Air. 35" Toyos. All The Options Minus The Soot Cookers. RaceMe Ultra.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast