Thanks Thanks:  11
Likes Likes:  14
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: New to the forum

1. Top Of Page | #11

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Double R Diesel View Post
    Welcome bud!

If you have any questions, text or call me at 910-385-6931. I don't mind helping a fellow diesel enthusiast. BTW you mention Raleigh... Raleigh NC? I'm a NC boy...reason why I ask.

Ray
    Double R Diesel, LLC
    www.doublerdiesel.com
    info@doublerdiesel.com
    Yeah He's the 2nd left past nowhere. Tobacco alley

2003- 3500 RWD Automatic.
    S & B intake, BD Intercooler, Pusher Air Horn, MM3 Double R Tuning, Turbo Timer, electric Flex-a-lite fans, FASS 95,
    50 HP tips, upgrade to 351 turbo, 3.42 gears, Twin air compressors, air bags, Remote dual oil filters, Hellwig sway bar, Front Winch. Home made Fuel Heater, BD Exhaust brake with Torque Lock. Tons of TLC

2. Likes DRD liked this post
  3. Top Of Page | #12

User Info Menu

Hey guys just like to say thanks to everyone for the welcome. To often I have seen that when someone is trying to get into this realm of the diesel world they are not welcome because they are not as knowledgeable, and I'm going to take you up on your offer ray.

I've read a lot about the ability to trans tune with the race me ultra. What's that about. When I first got my truck I read all the bad reviews on the 68 and figured I'd be doing a tranny swap eventually. Are these transmissions holding up to the tunes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
    Likes IGOTACUMMINS liked this post
  5. Top Of Page | #13

User Info Menu

@Hulk this community is built on values friend. We're glad you're here.

Check out the lifetime platinum membership when you get a chance. We'd love your support!!!

http://www.igotacummins.com/showthre...UM-MEMBERSHIP*

"The grass is greener where you water it"

6. Top Of Page | #14

User Info Menu

welcome

In pursuit of more power in which the wallet will allow mods to date. Edge Evolution, Banks Air Filter, 5" cat back Banks Monster exhaust, Billet built auto trans Triple disc TC, Derale trans cooler, Sinister coolant filter,5" aluminum drive shafts
    Gary

http://igotacummins.com/vbrides.php?...3#.VT-wuiFVhBc

7. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
  8. Top Of Page | #15

User Info Menu

Welcome!!!! Another NC'er here too. I spent the last 17 years living/working in the Raleigh/Garner/Benson area. Just moved to High Point this past summer.

The 68 is a decent transmission but good trans tuning is the key to keeping it together when extra power is added. But just like with head studs, how soon you need to upgrade will depend on how you drive the truck. Thankfully RevMax is based in Charlotte when upgraded trans parts are needed.

Greg
    2012 | 2500 | CCLB | Custom MCC by Double R Diesel

Greg
    2019 | RAM 2500 | CCSB | 6.4 HEMI

9. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
  10. Top Of Page | #16
    Old... But Still Here! AnOldBiker's Avatar

User Info Menu

Welcome to the group

11. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
  12. Top Of Page | #17

User Info Menu

13. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
  14. Top Of Page | #18

User Info Menu

Welcome, I too just joined a few weeks ago. This is an awesome forum and I plan on becoming a premium member soon.

I have a 2015 Ram 3500 Laramie Limited with the Aisin. So I can't comment on the trans tuning aspect. I went ahead on bought myself some added insurance and had 425 ARP headstuds in. (because I worry too much!) I run an AFE Blade Runner, stock air box with the baffle pulled out and a AFE pro dry air filter. RACEME ULTRA with 4" exhaust. I just added a Banks Monster muffler to keep me emissions legal once I move to Utah. I absolutely love the way my truck runs now. I can idol all I need due to my job without worry. I can't say enough about how it sounds and how my truck moves effortlessly. I have tried every setting and my truck's sweet spot is this:

150 HP duration
    29+ timing
    1900 rail psi
    VGT quick spool (although I don't notice a difference on any setting)
    I've put 5,000 + miles on with no problems. The EGT sensor works great too! Never have seen over 1,390 degrees and I pulled a 15th enclosed trailer weighing about 9,000 pounds from Billings, MT to Vernal, UT over 3 mountain passes on 120 hp setting. I just let the truck do it's thing and it ran like a dream. 12 mpg (hand calculated) the 514 mile trip but that had a lot to do with 35+ winds. I did 2 WOT launches on 200 hp duration and 2 WOT launches on 150 hp duration. The truck laid some rubber and left a cloud of smoke. The traction control took over for a second but I powered through and I was blown away with the power on both settings. The exhaust brake sounds badass on tow haul as it slows down the truck when towing. I had to test my truck out a few times but I'm not an abusive driver. Had too see what I had if you know what I mean. Since then I drove back to MT same route empty on 150 hp, 29 timing, 1900 rail psi, economy spool. I had to go through snow drifts for 30 miles in 4 wheel drive. I drove the speed limit and the honest hand calculation was 18.4 miles per gallon. I literally filled up in Vernal Utah and drove back to my home in Worden Mt and did not fill up once. And I still show 78 miles to empty. That's amazing for a truck that was weighed at 9,520 pounds running 35.4 tall tires. If you have an questions just ask. I don't plan on adding more power nor do I plan on testing my truck like I did again but I can say, the Raceme Ultra is safe for our trucks with some good common sense (sold separately) LOL! If I were you I'd 1 for 1 headstud your truck with ARP 425's and then not worry. I have the Aisin so I'm lucky in that department but with the trans tuning and care you'll be more than fine.

15. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
    Likes IGOTACUMMINS, Power247 liked this post
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12