Thanks Thanks:  11
Likes Likes:  14
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New to the forum

1. Top Of Page | #1

User Info Menu

New to the forum

Hey guys I have been snooping around forum sites for awhile and decided to subscribe to this one. Looking for a little advice. I just ordered everything to do a complete delete on my 2015 ram 2500 automatic. I will be running the raceme ultra with a 4" straight pipe from the turbo out. Been in the diesel world for about ten years but am deffinently a newbie when it comes to the mods so any advice from here on out is greatly appreciated.

1. Do I need to worry about head studs. Not looking to make huge power right now.

2. What are the best settings to run the raceme ultra on. Like I said not trying to make huge power yet but I would like to know where all my money is going, if you know what I mean.

Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
    Likes IGOTACUMMINS liked this post
  3. Top Of Page | #2

User Info Menu

First welcome @Hulk. Second who did you order your RaceME from?

Ask us how to become a Lifetime Platinum Member today!

"The grass is greener where you water it"

4. Top Of Page | #3

User Info Menu

I'm working in Raleigh and I found a local 4x4 place here to get it from. It's just a small shop but they are always busy and they are great people. Shop name is super trucks

5. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
  6. Top Of Page | #4

User Info Menu

Sweet.

Let's ask @Double R Diesel to answer your questions.

Ask us how to become a Lifetime Platinum Member today!

"The grass is greener where you water it"

7. Top Of Page | #5

User Info Menu

Personally I like the higher hp setting on default. Since you have an auto the trans tuning will be an added plus for you. The new ultra users will get to liking all the extra power. A grown man driving could run the 200hp setting without a hiccup.LOL. younger driver may need to stay 90hp and below....... hahaha

2015 laramie 3500 CCLB G56 4x4/Thuren springs/trackbar/swaybar with King's on Walker's with 37 Toyo mt's. Raceme/Arp625's/BBI 1.5's/Stainless Diesel 467.7/Airdog 165 4g/Fleece 10mm CP3/GDP grid delete and S3/Hellman VC.....Warp by double r diesel

8. Top Of Page | #6

User Info Menu

When you say default will the tuner change rail pressures and turbo spool up depending on your hp setting. Or do you have to go through every setting individually and set it to preference.

9. Top Of Page | #7

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Hulk View Post
    When you say default will the tuner change rail pressures and turbo spool up depending on your hp setting. Or do you have to go through every setting individually and set it to preference.

It doesn't do it automatically, you actually set all that yourself. That's what I like most about the RaceMe. Me personally I run mine every day on the 60hp tune every thing else default. It does me just fine I don't need anything more than that. That setting won't make enough boost for head studs. I would still consider them later down the road, but as for now not necessary. When you start getting into the 120hp with quick spool and 29* timing and added rail pressure you will need head studs. But for what you are wanting to do which is keep it stock but help it breath I wouldn't worry with them.

10. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
  11. Top Of Page | #8

User Info Menu

Hey guys I have been snooping around forum sites for awhile and decided to subscribe to this one. Looking for a little advice. I just ordered everything to do a complete delete on my 2015 ram 2500 automatic. I will be running the raceme ultra with a 4" straight pipe from the turbo out. Been in the diesel world for about ten years but am deffinently a newbie when it comes to the mods so any advice from here on out is greatly appreciated.

1. Do I need to worry about head studs. Not looking to make huge power right now.

2. What are the best settings to run the raceme ultra on. Like I said not trying to make huge power yet but I would like to know where all my money is going, if you know what I mean.

Thanks

2003- 3500 RWD Automatic.
    S & B intake, BD Intercooler, Pusher Air Horn, MM3 Double R Tuning, Turbo Timer, electric Flex-a-lite fans, FASS 95,
    50 HP tips, upgrade to 351 turbo, 3.42 gears, Twin air compressors, air bags, Remote dual oil filters, Hellwig sway bar, Front Winch. Home made Fuel Heater, BD Exhaust brake with Torque Lock. Tons of TLC

12. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
  13. Top Of Page | #9

User Info Menu

Thanks

14. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
    Likes IGOTACUMMINS, beans20 liked this post
  15. Top Of Page | #10

User Info Menu

Thanks

Welcome bud!

If you have any questions, text or call me at 910-385-6931. I don't mind helping a fellow diesel enthusiast. BTW you mention Raleigh... Raleigh NC? I'm a NC boy...reason why I ask.

Ray
    Double R Diesel, LLC
    www.doublerdiesel.com
    info@doublerdiesel.com

The Cummins Whisperer! John 3:16, Romans 10:9-10...Tuning for the Heart and Soul.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast