Thanks Thanks:  118
Likes Likes:  207
Page 6 of 17 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast

Thread: 2013 falling on its face. Tune or fuel pressure relief valve?

1. Top Of Page | #51

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Noneck View Post
    Yeah, tried traction control settings. Surfman I'm glad you got some info. Would have been nice to have that response from them. I've got to say, I bought the Raceme primarily because I saw Franzs involvement on the forums and saw that those that did have issues got great responses and remedies in a timely manner. Unfortunately that does not seem to be the case with my issue. To spend all the money I spent for a tuner and to have to live with a tuning issue for a month is not acceptable. I don't care if custom tuning is the priority right now as a canned tune will probably be all I ever run. My patience is wearing thin.
    @Franz?

Ask us how to become a Lifetime Platinum Member today!

"The grass is greener where you water it"

2. Top Of Page | #52

User Info Menu

Thanks Ray. I probably wont have any time until next week. I may just leave it and experiment a little more. Merry Christmas!
    l

Did you try the older file ray posted?

2015 laramie 3500 CCLB G56 4x4/Thuren springs/trackbar/swaybar with King's on Walker's with 37 Toyo mt's. Raceme/Arp625's/BBI 1.5's/Stainless Diesel 467.7/Airdog 165 4g/Fleece 10mm CP3/GDP grid delete and S3/Hellman VC.....Warp by double r diesel

3. Top Of Page | #53

User Info Menu

I didn't try it. Ray said he wasn't sure if it would work and I'm not thst skilled at manipulating this stuff. The way I drive if I have to pick between trans tuning and WOT, I'll take the trans tuning. Not that I should have to pick...

4. Top Of Page | #54

User Info Menu

I didn't try it. Ray said he wasn't sure if it would work and I'm not thst skilled at manipulating this stuff. The way I drive if I have to pick between trans tuning and WOT, I'll take the trans tuning. Not that I should have to pick...
    You choose wisely. If I had to choose between a truck that was fully fueled without trans tuning vs one that had fueling limitations but with trans tuning... I'd choose the later unless I was trying to win a competition. Not saying that the truck shouldn't do what it is supposed to... It should.

I don't know everything that goes on behind the scenes. I can only guess maybe what is going on here...

My guess is there maybe a few truck base files with some sort of corruption in the coding... Nothing major by any means but enough to cause limitations. It is obvious this issue doesn't effect every truck with an Ultra...that's why I speculate this.

Now fixing such an issue, if this was the case, would be extremely time consuming and tedious. A programmer would have to examine the raw coding of the calibration file bit by bit looking for a discrepancy. In layman's terms, it would be like opening a dictionary and looking for any letter "t"s not crossed or "i"s without a dot.

I have 100% confidence RaceME will have a solution... Hopefully sooner than later.

I wish I could offer more help, but I don't have the means to examine RaceMEs files at that level.

Ray
    Double R Diesel, LLC
    www.doublerdiesel.com
    info@doublerdiesel.com

The Cummins Whisperer! John 3:16, Romans 10:9-10...Tuning for the Heart and Soul.

5. Likes Noneck liked this post
  6. Top Of Page | #55

User Info Menu

Thanks Ray. I completely understand that due to the limited amount of people affected that it's probably like a needle in a haystack and from the rumours, they are trying to bring custom tuning. That being said, a little communication goes a long way. There are only 3 people on this thread with issues and we are not really getting any feedback or solutions. To at least reach out to us and keep us in the loop would be pretty easy. I was told a week or 2. It's been 3 plus. Not only do I have a problem still, but I haven't heard anything from anyone. I don't find that acceptable. I'm sure as a business owner, you'd agree.

7. Thanks DRD, IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
    Likes DRD, IGOTACUMMINS liked this post
  8. Top Of Page | #56

User Info Menu

Thanks Ray. I completely understand that due to the limited amount of people affected that it's probably like a needle in a haystack and from the rumours, they are trying to bring custom tuning. That being said, a little communication goes a long way. There are only 3 people on this thread with issues and we are not really getting any feedback or solutions. To at least reach out to us and keep us in the loop would be pretty easy. I was told a week or 2. It's been 3 plus. Not only do I have a problem still, but I haven't heard anything from anyone. I don't find that acceptable. I'm sure as a business owner, you'd agree.
    I'm not going to argue with your point. Well understood and appreciated.

Ray
    Double R Diesel, LLC
    www.doublerdiesel.com
    info@doublerdiesel.com

The Cummins Whisperer! John 3:16, Romans 10:9-10...Tuning for the Heart and Soul.

9. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
    Likes IGOTACUMMINS, Noneck liked this post
  10. Top Of Page | #57

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Double R Diesel View Post
    I'm not going to argue with your point. Well understood and appreciated.

Ray
    Double R Diesel, LLC
    www.doublerdiesel.com
    info@doublerdiesel.com

Were there any solutions to this? I just found out that mine actually does the same thing my rail pressure spikes to 27k then drops to 22k for a min then finally drops to normal pressure. My Apologies to my previous post saying that mine doesn't do this, I apparently don't do enough research on my own vehicle. My truck doesn't fall flat it still performs, it's just the rail pressure that spikes that has me a little concerned.

11. Top Of Page | #58

User Info Menu

Nothing. I just emailed Franz again. I'll post up if I hear anything.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

2013 Laramie 2500 CC. Warp tuning on RaceMe. 2 inch level w/35s.

12. Thanks beans20, DRD thanked for this post
    Likes beans20, DRD liked this post
  13. Top Of Page | #59

User Info Menu

So I just went driving around doing my checks, and when I went to go up a small grade hill my truck just fell flat, it spit and sputter and was jerking hard. When I let off the throttle it went away. I wasn't getting on it hard either just easing on the pedal. Initially I though maybe it was just cold because it is 2* here right now I didn't know if maybe the fuel was way to cold and just didn't want to do anything. After a bit of driving it and letting it get to operating temp it still did it but not quite as soon as the first time. If I just barely put my foot on the pedal it would get up to speed, but a little bit of extra throttle and it would fall on its face. It wasn't doing that earlier in the day when it was about 25*. I monitored my rail pressure it never got above 17K when all this happened. I reflashed the truck to deletes only program and it didn't act as bad but still felt like it hit a flat spot but didn't want to act normal. So hopefully cold weather is a contributing factor in all this. @Double R Diesel do you have any idea what this could be? I do run archoil additive in my tank every fill up also.

14. Top Of Page | #60

User Info Menu

Sounds familiar. It seems to me that the fuel pressure is not the cause, it's a side effect at least in my case which sounds very similar.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

2013 Laramie 2500 CC. Warp tuning on RaceMe. 2 inch level w/35s.

Page 6 of 17 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast