Thanks Thanks:  1
Likes Likes:  3
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 2013 6.7 ECM Tuning

1. Top Of Page | #1
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

2013 6.7 ECM Tuning

Is there or has someone out here found an ECU tuner? I have heard of rumors out there that the ECU has been hacked and able to be tuned. Problem is there is such hush hush. Help she'd some light

2. Top Of Page | #2

User Info Menu

@Terror Custom Tuning or @Double R Diesel might know that answer for you.

"The grass is greener where you water it"

3. Top Of Page | #3
    Permanent Vacation Calibrated Addiction's Avatar

User Info Menu

Bullydog has a emissions compliance answer we can get them in a few more weeks we may have a complete tuner for our local guys

4. Likes IGOTACUMMINS liked this post
  5. Top Of Page | #4
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

Here is the oroblem, I not looking for a plug n play setup. I tune my Grand National with a XFI, so I want to have the same tuning capability on my Cummuns. Please PM me if we need to discuss privately.

6. Top Of Page | #5
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

As of now bully dog is the closest you can get. All the other names out there aren't even hinting at a possibility of a date. Best answer is "we're working on it" sorry man

7. Top Of Page | #6
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

There is someone in Canada that is, or at least is the rumor

8. Top Of Page | #7

User Info Menu

I have talked with a very reputable source concerning the possibility of custom tuning for the 13 up trucks. I was told that Bully Dog was the one to watch. Now as far as delete box tuning from a flash tuner goes, I know Raceme is working on it for sure and the rumor is that Torque Tech is working on it too.

Don't give up hope for a full selection of tuning options for the newer trucks, it's just a matter of time. We are looking forward to it at Double R Diesel and we will let you know when we know for sure.

The Cummins Whisperer! John 3:16, Romans 10:9-10...Tuning for the Heart and Soul.

9. Top Of Page | #8
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Double R Diesel View Post
    I have talked with a very reputable source concerning the possibility of custom tuning for the 13 up trucks. I was told that Bully Dog was the one to watch. Now as far as delete box tuning from a flash tuner goes, I know Raceme is working on it for sure and the rumor is that Torque Tech is working on it too.

Don't give up hope for a full selection of tuning options for the newer trucks, it's just a matter of time. We are looking forward to it at Double R Diesel and we will let you know when we know for sure.
    Do you have an update on this or can we talk?

10. Top Of Page | #9

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by clinton.gaston View Post
    Do you have an update on this or can we talk?
    All I can say there will be something around years end. Raceme has officially said the deletes are coming by years end. There are trucks on the road now now that are beta testing delete tuning. Who's I don't know, as they are sworn to secrecy but they are have posted up on other forums as a tease. Hardway Performance in Florida has managed to hack the ECM enough to do deletes, but it's just that; a hack that has some short comings and requires a visit to their shop at this time...these are the facts as of now.
    Rumors...Bully Dog is supposedly working on a custom tuning but emissions friendly platform for the 13 ups. Apex tuning in Canada, which appears to be H&S with a name change, may have something in the works.
    There seems to be a lot of politics involved here and stuff happening under the radar, for obvious reasons given the EPA stance on things. The long wait for tuning these trucks has been partly because of EPA pressure and the fact the new CM 2350 PCM has so many counter measures to stop a flash tune from a non OEM source. Rest assured that complete tuning is coming and I feel very very soon. The only hiccup will be is that delete capable flash tuners will not be marketed in the US. They will have to be foreign to stay out of the EPA's jurisdiction...

The Cummins Whisperer! John 3:16, Romans 10:9-10...Tuning for the Heart and Soul.

11. Top Of Page | #10
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Double R Diesel View Post
    All I can say there will be something around years end. Raceme has officially said the deletes are coming by years end. There are trucks on the road now now that are beta testing delete tuning. Who's I don't know, as they are sworn to secrecy but they are have posted up on other forums as a tease. Hardway Performance in Florida has managed to hack the ECM enough to do deletes, but it's just that; a hack that has some short comings and requires a visit to their shop at this time...these are the facts as of now.
    Rumors...Bully Dog is supposedly working on a custom tuning but emissions friendly platform for the 13 ups. Apex tuning in Canada, which appears to be H&S with a name change, may have something in the works.
    There seems to be a lot of politics involved here and stuff happening under the radar, for obvious reasons given the EPA stance on things. The long wait for tuning these trucks has been partly because of EPA pressure and the fact the new CM 2350 PCM has so many counter measures to stop a flash tune from a non OEM source. Rest assured that complete tuning is coming and I feel very very soon. The only hiccup will be is that delete capable flash tuners will not be marketed in the US. They will have to be foreign to stay out of the EPA's jurisdiction...
    Man, that is awesome. Wish I could figure out how to be a tester. I have spent nearly $20000 in my automotive education as well as programing and dyno tuning.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast