Thanks Thanks:  7
Likes Likes:  27
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: MM3 EGT Probe

1. Top Of Page | #11

User Info Menu

Re: MM3 EGT Probe

I talked to Dirk at mm3, he told me that his engineer said to make shore my sd card was up dated I checked and had to do a update put it back in the truck and with the truck cold it still is reading 134, I don’t know maybe that’s as low as it goes. As long as it’s reading right when I’m driving that all I care about.

2014 2500 on Fuel rims, custom aluminum grill emblem, mm3 DRD tuned, 4” jamo tbe exhaust, led fog lights, steering box brace, took Vinyl off doors.

2. Top Of Page | #12

User Info Menu

So I just did a test with boiling water the water was about 180 with my thermal couple and when I stuck the pyrometer in it read 255, while it was in the water I recalibrated it to 180 degrees and when I went back to the dashboard I was now reading 350. Something is definitely up with it. Any ideas why it would do this.

2014 2500 on Fuel rims, custom aluminum grill emblem, mm3 DRD tuned, 4” jamo tbe exhaust, led fog lights, steering box brace, took Vinyl off doors.

3. Top Of Page | #13

User Info Menu

So I did a another test.

Lowered the calibration number to .50 with the probe out and next to my thermocouple and I got it to match at 60 degrees. I then put it in my hand and my thermocouple showed 79 and the gauge went to 78, but when I started the truck and let it idle for about 3 mins it read 450 witch seems high normally it’s like 350.

I think for now it’s reading close enough till Dirk at MM3 can figure this out.

4. Likes Power247 liked this post
  5. Top Of Page | #14

User Info Menu

Got this email from dirk today.
    I heard back from my engineer. He said that the way the probe is designed for scaling the temperatures it is actually less accurate at lower temps but very accurate at higher temps. Basically the +/- accuracy range gets tighter the higher the temp goes. If you can get it to be within 100 degrees cold it should be perfect at the higher temps.

can Some one tell me what there calibration number is and if you put your key to run and see what your egt is reading. I’m just trying to see what other people are reading.

6. Likes cumminsdieselfreak liked this post
  7. Top Of Page | #15

User Info Menu

I've never calibrated mine. I just figured it was right since it was displaying a reading. I try to remember to check what mine reads when I get in the truck tomorrow...

Greg
    2012 | RAM 2500 | CCSB | MM3 tuned by Double R Diesel
    2016 | Heartland Pioneer | DS310

Greg
    2019 | RAM 2500 | CCSB | 6.4 HEMI

8. Likes Abgunnar liked this post
  9. Top Of Page | #16

User Info Menu

I have a 4th gen and the MM3 probe but have not yet drilled the manifold. It’s all hooked up and zip tied under the hood I’ll check the temperature it’s registering and post it asap

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

10. Likes Abgunnar liked this post
  11. Top Of Page | #17

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Abgunnar View Post
    Got this email from dirk today.
    I heard back from my engineer. He said that the way the probe is designed for scaling the temperatures it is actually less accurate at lower temps but very accurate at higher temps. Basically the +/- accuracy range gets tighter the higher the temp goes. If you can get it to be within 100 degrees cold it should be perfect at the higher temps.

can Some one tell me what there calibration number is and if you put your key to run and see what your egt is reading. I’m just trying to see what other people are reading.
    Sorry it took so long to respond. This is from this morning... Pyro on MM3 read withing a few degrees of the outside temp in the evic.

Greg
    2012 | RAM 2500 | CCSB | Custom tuned by Double R Diesel

Greg

12. Likes Abgunnar liked this post
  13. Top Of Page | #18

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Power247 View Post
    Sorry it took so long to respond. This is from this morning... Pyro on MM3 read withing a few degrees of the outside temp in the evic.
    https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201...32d287d11e.jpg

Greg
    thanks for posting, could you look what your calibration number is please, just curious what it is. Dirk told me I should change the calibration number back to ambient temp but I think it’s reading right having it calibrated at .5

14. Likes Power247 liked this post
  15. Top Of Page | #19

User Info Menu

thanks for posting, could you look what your calibration number is please, just curious what it is. Dirk told me I should change the calibration number back to ambient temp but I think it’s reading right having it calibrated at .5
    Sure thing. I take a look tomorrow.

Greg
    2012 | RAM 2500 | CCSB | MM3 tuned by Double R Diesel

Greg

16. Thanks Abgunnar thanked for this post
    Likes Abgunnar, cumminsdieselfreak liked this post
  17. Top Of Page | #20

User Info Menu

Looks like calibration is set to 0 on mine.

Greg

Greg

18. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS, Abgunnar thanked for this post
    Likes IGOTACUMMINS, Abgunnar liked this post
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast