Thanks Thanks:  10
Likes Likes:  14
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: 68RFE safe limits.

1. Top Of Page | #11

User Info Menu

Re: 68RFE safe limits.

68RFE safe limits are stock and under factory warranty. Anything else swap it out for something better. That doesn't have 68 in front of it

2. Top Of Page | #12

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Ranbright View Post
    First time I had my tranny worked on at the dealer,48K miles, no questions asked about the programming and the delete. My truck has been deleted and everything put back so as to look like its still factory. Just took it back for another tranny Issue and they said it wasnt covered because of the programming and the delete. I would have to call Chrysler and convince them. So they are taking the parts back out and I am picking it up. I am getting an aftermarket tranny that has a beefed up torque converter and 500K mile warranty...4600.00
    I sure as hell hope you didn’t but that piece of **** trans from ATS you’ll be sorry they don’t use all the upgraded parts that they say they use good luck

2012 Cummins Ram 6.7L MM3 tuner full 5" Flo Pro TBE Exhaust LWBCC 4x4 Mag Hytec Double Deep Transmission Pan , Mag Hytec Rear Diff Cover
    Airlift part # 57595 7500lbs airbags ,Nitto Ridge Grapplers 35/12.50/20 on XD 829 Big Hoss ll Satin Black Machined Dark Tint 20 x 9 with + 18 offset rims,MM3 Tuner With full Custom Tunes by Ray at DRD , Autometer A13117 Pillar Pod , Edge 98004 mount adapter , Mag Hytec front diff cover, SuperNova V4 LED Headlight Bulbs

3. Top Of Page | #13

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by 9mgcb81 View Post
    68RFE safe limits are stock and under factory warranty. Anything else swap it out for something better. That doesn't have 68 in front of it
    It’s ok to be a 68...long as it says RevMax in front of it.

I'm out. Switched back to gas!

4. Likes Jaxonsram, Hotram9212 liked this post
  5. Top Of Page | #14
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

The safe point would be factory numbers. I dont beat my truck i might get on it here and there my biggest issues is 80-90 mph rides and at 66700 miles my overdrives are going out. Im torn between fixing my 4 year old truck or buying a new one. I have a 2015 Ram 2500 68RFE with efi live ppei tunes with trans tuning. Even had the fluid and filter changed by dealer at 60k as reccomended.

6. Top Of Page | #15

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Manson0187 View Post
    The safe point would be factory numbers. I dont beat my truck i might get on it here and there my biggest issues is 80-90 mph rides and at 66700 miles my overdrives are going out. Im torn between fixing my 4 year old truck or buying a new one. I have a 2015 Ram 2500 68RFE with efi live ppei tunes with trans tuning. Even had the fluid and filter changed by dealer at 60k as reccomended.
    What hp setting do you run on?

2016 2500 slt. 4x4. 20x10 moto metal 970s on 305-55-20. Fully deleted with mm3. 5 inch tbe.

7. Top Of Page | #16
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

I daily setting 1 which is 30hp. I have put it on 2,3 and 4 at times but it smokes a considerable amount more on higher levels even with normal driving conditions

8. Top Of Page | #17

User Info Menu

I daily setting 1 which is 30hp. I have put it on 2,3 and 4 at times but it smokes a considerable amount more on higher levels even with normal driving conditions

Just curious- Do you have trans tuning as well?

2013 Ram 2500
    John 3:16 - Philippians 4:13

See what we are up to on:
    FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM
    Or Email me at:
    mike@ddpmotorsports.com
    www.ddpmotorsports.com

9. Top Of Page | #18
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

Yes i do. Now i never locked out 5th and 6th but ive only towed 10 maybe 11k tops and only 4 or 5 times. My daily drive is 58 miles round trip on a normal 2 lane road.

10. Top Of Page | #19

User Info Menu

The problem is you have that BS EFI live get rid of that and get custom tunes from Ray at DRD and the MM3 tuner he is and it is the best tuning platform in the business hands down end of story

2012 Cummins Ram 6.7L MM3 tuner full 5" Flo Pro TBE Exhaust LWBCC 4x4 Mag Hytec Double Deep Transmission Pan , Mag Hytec Rear Diff Cover
    Airlift part # 57595 7500lbs airbags ,Nitto Ridge Grapplers 35/12.50/20 on XD 829 Big Hoss ll Satin Black Machined Dark Tint 20 x 9 with + 18 offset rims,MM3 Tuner With full Custom Tunes by Ray at DRD , Autometer A13117 Pillar Pod , Edge 98004 mount adapter , Mag Hytec front diff cover, SuperNova V4 LED Headlight Bulbs

11. Top Of Page | #20

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Ranbright View Post
    First time I had my tranny worked on at the dealer,48K miles, no questions asked about the programming and the delete. My truck has been deleted and everything put back so as to look like its still factory. Just took it back for another tranny Issue and they said it wasnt covered because of the programming and the delete. I would have to call Chrysler and convince them. So they are taking the parts back out and I am picking it up. I am getting an aftermarket tranny that has a beefed up torque converter and 500K mile warranty...4600.00
    What kinda trans are you getting? ATS? Also what HP is the rating on it- Ill be down this road eventually. Thanks!

2013 Ram 2500
    John 3:16 - Philippians 4:13

See what we are up to on:
    FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM
    Or Email me at:
    mike@ddpmotorsports.com
    www.ddpmotorsports.com

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast