Thanks Thanks:  14
Likes Likes:  22
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Loud whistle with exhaust break on with new firmware

1. Top Of Page | #11

User Info Menu

Re: Loud whistle with exhaust break on with new firmware

How many connectors I need to disconect under the hood?
    I took out 4, 3 on the driver's side and one in the passengers side.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk

2. Top Of Page | #12

User Info Menu

And the whistle sound comes when the engine brake engages only.

3. Top Of Page | #13

User Info Menu

The whistle goes away after about 160 on mine. Has anyone tried the Logging on the new update? On my 2008 I get an error 18313. Franz said the error code 18313 means that the calibration your truck is running is not supported for data logging. I'm running Rays tune done on the latest Warp program. Wondering if it’s only my year they forgot again or if logging won’t support Warp Tunes at all.

4. Top Of Page | #14

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Randy2233 View Post
    The whistle goes away after about 160 on mine. Has anyone tried the Logging on the new update? On my 2008 I get an error 18313. Franz said the error code 18313 means that the calibration your truck is running is not supported for data logging. I'm running Rays tune done on the latest Warp program. Wondering if it’s only my year they forgot again or if logging won’t support Warp Tunes at all.
    07.5-09 are out in the cold longer
    Talked to Franz a couple days ago to see if there was any news for trans tuning. Last time we talked he said by end of year or when they could work on it if sooner
    Now no end date but saying Jan maybe February

I'm running WARP from Ray. Just waiting for trans to be available so he can work his magic

5. Top Of Page | #15

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Steinbrenner View Post
    The whistle in my truck doesn't go away and at this point I'm pretty sure it ain't normal, sounds like the EGR is stuck open instead of closed, I don't know.
    I think that I might have done it wrong following the steps on when to disconnect the EGR connectors under the hood.
    Can somebody tell in what sequence I should do them?
    Maybe I should return the truck back to stock and redo the tuning?
    Are you running box tunes or warp tunes? If you are on a quick spool setting with box tunes then that could be it.

2014 3500 (DRW) 68RFE 3:73s . mirror light mod. 20% tint front 5% tint on rear. cattleman front bumper,running boards and headache rack. puddle light mod with blue leds. RGB lights in footwells and grill. Mostly debadged. 52" light bar and a 20" on the bumper. Smoked tail,cab and side marker lights. Black bezel headlights. Led lights where possible. 37 trail Graps. 2.5 inch leveling kit. Steering box brace. Dual steering stabilizers. MM3 and "WARPED" by Double R Diesel!

6. Thanks Steinbrenner thanked for this post
    Likes Steinbrenner liked this post
  7. Top Of Page | #16

User Info Menu

It's definitely not the same whistle other trucks have.

It only comes on when the engine brake engages.

I'm running MM3 with Anarchy tunes that are supposed to be custom tunes.
    Ramtl, a member of this forum will help me out and check if is not my fault and I did something wrong while doing the update or loading the tunes.

I texted Phil from Anarchy today, he told me to call the shop and I got the answering machine, left them a message.

I don't know if is the tunes or if I messed up.

Truck is definitely not running like most of you tuned guys truck's run and I didn't really perceived a change on the performance between the 4 tunes they sent me.

They feel the same, no difference in power at all.

8. Top Of Page | #17

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Steinbrenner View Post
    It's definitely not the same whistle other trucks have.

It only comes on when the engine brake engages.

I'm running MM3 with Anarchy tunes that are supposed to be custom tunes.
    Ramtl, a member of this forum will help me out and check if is not my fault and I did something wrong while doing the update or loading the tunes.

I texted Phil from Anarchy today, he told me to call the shop and I got the answering machine, left them a message.

I don't know if is the tunes or if I messed up.

Truck is definitely not running like most of you tuned guys truck's run and I didn't really perceived a change on the performance between the 4 tunes they sent me.

They feel the same, no difference in power at all.

I don't think if you did something wrong updating or loading, it would run at all. Sounds like you need to get ahold of Anarchy. And if it's something you did wrong, they should be able to help you out with that too.

2015 Black Laramie CCSB 3500 SRW. Thuren Leveled With Fox 2.0 Shocks. Ride Rite Rear Air Bags With Wireless Airlift Onboard Air. 35" Toyos. All The Options Minus The Soot Cookers. RaceMe Ultra.

9. Thanks Steinbrenner thanked for this post
    Likes Steinbrenner liked this post
  10. Top Of Page | #18

User Info Menu

That's what I think too but I'd really hate to blame someone for something that could be my mistake.

I'm sure they will get back to me.

11. Top Of Page | #19

User Info Menu

11-23 different than 11-28 in some other way than being compatible with 17s?

12. Top Of Page | #20

User Info Menu

Ray does this mean the exhaust brake warm up should work with your warp tunes?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast