Thanks Thanks:  1
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: ARP headstuds 625 install

1. Top Of Page | #1

User Info Menu

ARP headstuds 625 install

Would like some input or a link for instructions on installing the 625 ARP Headstuds in my 95 12V, thanks

05 QCSB 3500 SRW tow pig
    95 SCLB race truck

2. Top Of Page | #2

User Info Menu

@Double R Diesel LLC when you put your 625s on did you hot retorque?

05 QCSB 3500 SRW tow pig
    95 SCLB race truck

3. Top Of Page | #3

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by 24vVP44DragTruck View Post
    @Double R Diesel LLC when you put your 625s on did you hot retorque?
    No sir. But the head never came off, so I think a retorque isnt needed on a compressed and seasoned gasket. I think anytime you remove the head and put on a fresh gasket, a retorque is essential even with 625s.

Ray

www.doublerdiesel.com
    email: info@doublerdiesel.com

The Cummins Whisperer! John 3:16, Romans 10:9-10...Tuning for the Heart and Soul.

4. Thanks Minion2012 thanked for this post
  5. Top Of Page | #4

User Info Menu

@Double R Diesel LLC well that blows because I'm buying a whole new head ported and polished with side runner intake 165lbs springs and roller rockers. Oh well I guess.

05 QCSB 3500 SRW tow pig
    95 SCLB race truck

6. Top Of Page | #5

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by 24vVP44DragTruck View Post
    @Double R Diesel LLC well that blows because I'm buying a whole new head ported and polished with side runner intake 165lbs springs and roller rockers. Oh well I guess.
    Well this isn't the best advice, but this is what I would do if it was my engine...
    I'd torque the head down on the tight side of specs. Then I would let it sit at least overnight without touching anything else and checking the torque once again. If you get little to no turn on any stud nut applying the recommended torque, then I would put the valve train in and never worry the torque again. If you get a noticeable turn on any nut, I'd repeat the process again until all the fasteners are holding equal and tight.

Ray

www.doublerdiesel.com
    email: info@doublerdiesel.com

The Cummins Whisperer! John 3:16, Romans 10:9-10...Tuning for the Heart and Soul.

7. Top Of Page | #6

User Info Menu

@Double R Diesel LLC that ain't a bad idea. I have couple months to research so I'm going to start here and keep going. Shooting for 1000hp fuel only. Already got the 13mm pump!

05 QCSB 3500 SRW tow pig
    95 SCLB race truck

8. Top Of Page | #7
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

I never hot torqued my studs either. I only did the 2000's but even with new gasket, we over torqued them in a 4 pass sequence with no problems.

Sent from a Well Head