Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  1

Thread: HOTT egts

1. Top Of Page | #1

User Info Menu

HOTT egts

I have an 04 with and edge juice with attitude cts, lifted 6" on 37s, 3.5" intake elbow, k&n filter in the stock box, removed the cat and muffler and put a 4" axel dump in place of them. I'm getting ridiculous egts up in the 1500s. If anyone can give me any tips on what I need to get these egts down id appreciate it.

2. Top Of Page | #2

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by mattdamron View Post
    I have an 04 with and edge juice with attitude cts, lifted 6" on 37s, 3.5" intake elbow, k&n filter in the stock box, removed the cat and muffler and put a 4" axel dump in place of them. I'm getting ridiculous egts up in the 1500s. If anyone can give me any tips on what I need to get these egts down id appreciate it.
    What are you doing when you see those EGT's? You have to be WOT. Those bigger tires cause some of it. It's either that or your injectors are dirty or shot. How many miles on the truck?

I got rid of my edge and reluctantly went to a smarty. Ray @Double R Diesel LLC is doing some tuning for me. We've driven the EGT's down quite a bit.

I am inviting Tim @AccurateDiesel to eye ball your comments. Both of these people are sponsors of the forum and we ask you support them with your purchases.

2003- 3500 RWD Automatic.
    S & B intake, BD Intercooler, Pusher Air Horn, MM3 Double R Tuning, Turbo Timer, electric Flex-a-lite fans, FASS 95,
    50 HP tips, upgrade to 351 turbo, 3.42 gears, Twin air compressors, air bags, Remote dual oil filters, Hellwig sway bar, Front Winch. Home made Fuel Heater, BD Exhaust brake with Torque Lock. Tons of TLC

3. Top Of Page | #3
    Permanent Vacation AccurateDiesel's Avatar

User Info Menu

Hi, and thanks for the invite to the conversation. Like our esteemed moderator, I am interested in knowing more about the conditions under which this occurs and for how long. Perhaps my first suggestion would be to talk to the good folks at the company that made the tuner. Tell them about your truck and the mods it has - I suspect they may have some very worthwhile insights.

4. Likes IGOTACUMMINS liked this post
  5. Top Of Page | #4

User Info Menu

yup I would talk to edge and where do you got your egt probe at

6. Top Of Page | #5

User Info Menu

I see those temps going up steep hills without towing, if I'm passing a slower vehicle on a two lane road, or sometimes getting on the freeway. The truck just hit 150k miles. I was looking into efi live, I've always ran the silver bottle of diesel clean maybe I should try a tank without that? Thank you for the response

7. Top Of Page | #6

User Info Menu

Ok I'll contact them thank you, I posted the conditions, also the probe is exactly where it was directed to go. I'll send edge an email and hopefully get some good info

8. Top Of Page | #7

User Info Menu

Matt,
    Those are high EGT's but nothing to crazy for level 6 on that vehicle. We recommend that you have a larger turbo/intercooler to help lower the EGTs in that level. I would also recommend to do a boost leak test on the truck to insure that there are no leaks in the system. This is what edge had to say, I'm wanting avoid having to throw a bigger turbo/intercooler in for now. But I'll have to go get a boost leak test