Thanks Thanks:  21
Likes Likes:  65
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: LED Headlight Bulbs That Fit Quad Housings

1. Top Of Page | #11

User Info Menu

Good deal. I got them to fit, I trimmed one tab. Mines is a 16 and had the 9145s

2016 2500 Big Horn Maximum Steel, fully deleted, mm3 by DRD, banks monster ram, s&b cold air intake, 4” MBRP, DRT Trans billet valve body, BD power trans pan, ats thermal bypass valve, shibby plugs, RC leveling kit, airlift 5000# air bags, 295/65-20 Nitto trail grapplers.

2. Likes watersupply189, ngosteli liked this post
  3. Top Of Page | #12
    I just put the Diode Dynamics SL1 in my low beams. They’re awesome!!

Yes, they’re more expensive, but they have a 3 year warranty and customer service that’s just about as good as Ray.

They have a CanBus adapter that they ship with the kit and there’s zero bulb out warnings!

2006 Dodge Ram 2500 MCSB
    2016 Ram 2500 CCSB *SOLD*

4. Thanks watersupply189 thanked for this post
    Likes ngosteli, watersupply189 liked this post
  5. Top Of Page | #13

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by ViperCummins View Post
    I just put the Diode Dynamics SL1 in my low beams. They’re awesome!!

Yes, they’re more expensive, but they have a 3 year warranty and customer service that’s just about as good as Ray.

They have a CanBus adapter that they ship with the kit and there’s zero bulb out warnings!
    So I take it the SL1 beam pattern shines just as good as an HID or halogen on your truck? I put those in my Grand Cherokee projector headlights and couldn’t hardly see the road at night but they work excellent in the fog light projectors.
    I couldn’t get them to work on my 2016 Ram even with the canBUS adapters installed. You are correct about Diode Dynamics customer service. I’ve been using them for years.

2016 Ram Laramie 3500, G56, 6.7, MM3 by Double R Diesel, Rough Country Leveling, 35x12.50 Nitto G2, HID headlights and fogs plus many many other add ons.....

2016 RAM 3500 4x4 Laramie Crew Cab
    Cummins,G56, Rough Country level, Morimoto LED fog lights, LED headlights, Lund Attitude Steps sprayed with Line-X, DRL's Activated, 35x12.50R18 Falken Wildpeak ATW3, Fuel Vapor Wheels Matte Black w/Dark Tint, A.R.E. Truck cap and swing boxes

6. Top Of Page | #14
    I had HID’s in my last truck with projectors. This truck has reflectors and the SL1 output is way better than the halogens were. SLF’s in the fogs are great as well!

2006 Dodge Ram 2500 MCSB
    2016 Ram 2500 CCSB *SOLD*

7. Thanks watersupply189 thanked for this post
    Likes watersupply189 liked this post
  8. Top Of Page | #15

User Info Menu

So what is the best bet on LED's in projector headlights (2017)?

I had Supernova LED's for my 1500 reflectors (headlights and fogs) from headlight revolution and was not all that impressed, although much better than stock halogens. Looked pretty good, easy to install, and canbus adapter worked just fine.

For my projectors should I pony up for HID's or is there a good LED that works well in there?

9. Thanks watersupply189 thanked for this post
  10. Top Of Page | #16

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by 6.7 Coal Train View Post

I had Supernova LED's for my 1500 reflectors (headlights and fogs) from headlight revolution and was not all that impressed, although much better than stock halogens. Looked pretty good, easy to install, and canbus adapter worked just fine.

For my projectors should I pony up for HID's or is there a good LED that works well in there?
    I have LEDs in aftermarket projectors and am not happy with the light output. I will switch to HIDs I think. My fogs have HIDs and stay on with the key on... helps a lot, especially when running low beams constantly on the freeway or where the painted lines suck.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

2012 CCSB Saddle Brown Pearl... DRD tuned

11. Likes watersupply189 liked this post
  12. Top Of Page | #17

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by TH-64 View Post
    I have LEDs in aftermarket projectors and am not happy with the light output. I will switch to HIDs I think. My fogs have HIDs and stay on with the key on... helps a lot, especially when running low beams constantly on the freeway or where the painted lines suck.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    Hmm.. alright that's good input. My projectors are stock, but not sure that would make much difference.

13. Likes watersupply189 liked this post
  14. Top Of Page | #18

User Info Menu

I put 35w HID’s 6,000K in my projectors and works flawlessly with the canBUS adapters. I will be changing them out to the 5,000K soon. The light output is way better on wet dark roads etc.... LED’s didn’t work at all and when they did the light output was terrible.
    I did put Morimoto LED fog lights in and they work great.

2016 Ram Laramie 3500, G56, 6.7, MM3 by Double R Diesel, Rough Country Leveling, 35x12.50 Nitto G2, HID headlights, Morimoto LED fogs plus a whole lot more!

Cummins,G56, Rough Country level, Morimoto LED fog lights, LED headlights, Lund Attitude Steps sprayed with Line-X, DRL's Activated, 35x12.50R18 Falken Wildpeak ATW3, Fuel Vapor Wheels Matte Black w/Dark Tint, A.R.E. Truck cap and swing boxes

15. Likes SyN liked this post
  16. Top Of Page | #19

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by watersupply189 View Post
    I put 35w HID’s 6,000K in my projectors and works flawlessly with the canBUS adapters. I will be changing them out to the 5,000K soon. The light output is way better on wet dark roads etc.... LED’s didn’t work at all and when they did the light output was terrible.
    I did put Morimoto LED fog lights in and they work great.

2016 Ram Laramie 3500, G56, 6.7, MM3 by Double R Diesel, Rough Country Leveling, 35x12.50 Nitto G2, HID headlights, Morimoto LED fogs plus a whole lot more!
    Brand or part number on the HID's you've been happy with?

I think I'll stick to HID over LED on these projectors then.

17. Thanks watersupply189 thanked for this post
  18. Top Of Page | #20

User Info Menu

Brand or part number on the HID's you've been happy with?

I think I'll stick to HID over LED on these projectors then.
    The low beams are a 9005 and I purchased them from Diode Dynamics.

19. Thanks 6.7 Coal Train thanked for this post
    Likes Noneck liked this post
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast