Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  2
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: MM3 Mounting Options (other than pillar)

1. Top Of Page | #1

User Info Menu

MM3 Mounting Options (other than pillar)

Getting ready to purchase an MM3 in about a month or so. I’m looking for other options besides the pillar mount. Ideally I’d like to mount it up high near the rear view mirror. The cable would need to run up the a-pillar and across under the headliner. Is the cable long enough for something like this? I do have some electronics experience and splicing/extending a cable isn’t a hard concept but it has to be executed perfectly or you can damage sensitive electronics on the MM3 or truck. If any of you have done this please post pics!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. Top Of Page | #2

User Info Menu

Re: MM3 Mounting Options (other than pillar)

I don’t have a picture at the moment but I used the suction mount in the top left of windshield

3. Top Of Page | #3

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by rsabol77 View Post
    I don’t have a picture at the moment but I used the suction mount in the top left of windshield

Mine is in the same spot - My eyebrow hides it nicely from the outside and it doesn't block any sight lines. I haven't seen a whole lot - The suction cup that comes with it has several adjustments and is large so doesn't vibrate going down the road- Ill try and post pic later

2013 Ram 2500
    John 3:16 - Philippians 4:13

See what we are up to on:
    FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM
    Or Email me at:
    mike@ddpmotorsports.com
    www.ddpmotorsports.com

4. Top Of Page | #4

User Info Menu

I used this mount from Amazon, https://www.amazon.com/ChargerCity-A...adhesive+mount, but, I mounted it low on the left front corner of my console. It sits in front of the 4wd selector switch.

5. Top Of Page | #5

User Info Menu

MM3 Mounting Options (other than pillar)

I’ve never had any luck with suction cup mounts, they always fail when it gets real hot or real cold. After looking at the Arkon style suction cup mount I decided to check out other options.

I went to Ram Mounts web site to see what they offer. Ram doesn’t make a double t-slot mount but Arkon makes a double t slot to ball mount that is compatible with Ram Mounts 1” ball mounts.

I purchased the following:

Arkon APRM2T 25mm Ball to Dual T-Tab

Ram RAP-B-201U-A Short Double Socket Arm

Ram RAM-B-231Z-RVMU Car Rear View Mirror Mount

I tried this setup on my ‘16 Laramie but there wasn’t enough of the mirror stem sticking out from behind the plastic housing to have room for the width of the mirror mount.

I went back to the Ram Mounts site and ordered a heavy duty suction cup mount to get me by until I come up with something better.

Ram RAP-B-224-1U Twist Lock Suction Cup Mount

2016 3500 Laramie Mega DRW Aisin 3.73

6. Likes Power247 liked this post
  7. Top Of Page | #6

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Skywrench View Post
    I’ve never had any luck with suction cup mounts, they always fail when it gets real hot or real cold. After looking at the Arkon style suction cup mount I decided to check out other options.

I went to Ram Mounts web site to see what they offer. Ram doesn’t make a double t-slot mount but Arkon makes a double t slot to ball mount that is compatible with Ram Mounts 1” ball mounts.

I purchased the following:

Arkon APRM2T 25mm Ball to Dual T-Tab

Ram RAP-B-201U-A Short Double Socket Arm

Ram RAM-B-231Z-RVMU Car Rear View Mirror Mount

I tried this setup on my ‘16 Laramie but there wasn’t enough of the mirror stem sticking out from behind the plastic housing to have room for the width of the mirror mount.
    https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201...024fec73af.jpg

I went back to the Ram Mounts site and ordered a heavy duty suction cup mount to get me by until I come up with something better.

Ram RAP-B-224-1U Twist Lock Suction Cup Mount

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201...c73780e6fa.jpghttps://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201...1992efd8b1.jpghttps://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201...96ac0b98ff.jpg

Was your power cord long enough to run it up the A pillar? I have mine in upper left and I don't remember having a lot more slack to move it further over

2013 Ram 2500
    John 3:16 - Philippians 4:13

See what we are up to on:
    FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM
    Or Email me at:
    mike@ddpmotorsports.com
    www.ddpmotorsports.com

8. Top Of Page | #7

User Info Menu

I mounted mine here:

I just did not want it up above the steering wheel or blocking any sight lines.

Attached Images Attached Images

9. Top Of Page | #8

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by TexNeck View Post
    Was your power cord long enough to run it up the A pillar? I have mine in upper left and I don't remember having a lot more slack to move it further over
    I mounted the communications module as close to the pillar as I could and the wire is long enough. I took the pillar off but couldn’t quite get it to fit in there. If you open the drivers door and look at the side of your dash, there’s a small removable panel. That’s where my module is. It just barely fits if you angle it just right.

10. Top Of Page | #9

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by jeepstrjohn View Post
    I mounted mine here:

I just did not want it up above the steering wheel or blocking any sight lines.
    That looks pretty nice. I’m afraid to drill holes in the dash. Is it screwed on or 3M tape?

11. Top Of Page | #10

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Skywrench View Post
    That looks pretty nice. I’m afraid to drill holes in the dash. Is it screwed on or 3M tape?

When I’m mounting things to a dash I look for small easy to replace panels. I’m sure that piece under the pocket is pretty cheap and easy to replace. Plus you don’t want the thing falling off. At worst case go to dealer and order a replacement piece before drilling. I have my 2 low switch in this spot I looked at it for a mounting option but didn’t want to block my switch.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast