Thanks Thanks:  1,025
Likes Likes:  4,138
Page 22 of 148 FirstFirst ... 1220212223243272122 ... LastLast

Thread: What Did You Do To Your 4th Gen Today?

1. Top Of Page | #211

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Steinbrenner View Post
    No, I haven't, just wondering if in order to do the intake horn the EGR has to go too.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk
    AFE makes an intake manifold that allows you to keep the EGR Valve. I don't think you would have to delete the EGR cooler if you are doing the intake plenum either. I don't know that for sure but I don't believe you would have to.

2. Thanks theaaronbush thanked for this post
    Likes theaaronbush liked this post
  3. Top Of Page | #212

User Info Menu

I guess we just plug the crossover pipe?

4. Top Of Page | #213

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Steinbrenner View Post
    I guess we just plug the crossover pipe?

The crossover pipe is connected to the egr valve, so if you got the EGR valve compatible intake from AFE you would remove the egr valve, remove the factory intake manifold, install AFE intake, and put the EGR valve back on. (This is the general replacement, there are a few other things to remove like dipstick tube, an intercooler pipe but the would all go back on like factory Im just trying to give you the general idea)

5. Likes theaaronbush liked this post
  6. Top Of Page | #214

User Info Menu

The intake plenum on the other hand is a little bit more involved, several more parts have to be removed.

7. Top Of Page | #215

User Info Menu

Once you take that intake off, you're gonna feel very sorry for your engine when you see the soot! Did you see my pictures from a few posts up? It's sad!

2012 Ram 2500, 4x4, 3.73, 3" level, 35" tires, 4" FloPro TBE, EGR valve/cooler/throttle delete, S&B CAI, GDP heater delete, GDP S2, RaceME Ultra Warp Tuning

8. Likes beans20 liked this post
  9. Top Of Page | #216

User Info Menu

The plenum is indeed more involved and you have to remove things and put them back on, kind of a certain order. Like the temp sensor...if you put all the fuel lines back on or bolt the fuel rail down before installing the sensor, you'll be pulling it all back off!

2012 Ram 2500, 4x4, 3.73, 3" level, 35" tires, 4" FloPro TBE, EGR valve/cooler/throttle delete, S&B CAI, GDP heater delete, GDP S2, RaceME Ultra Warp Tuning

10. Top Of Page | #217

User Info Menu

@Steinbrenner what year is your truck?

11. Top Of Page | #218

User Info Menu

2014 3500 AISIN

12. Top Of Page | #219

User Info Menu

Got my Thuren track bar on finally. It was only a 3 beer job, until I realized I needed to lengthen the steering drag link. That took a couple more beers so I could make sure it was good and straight LOL.

2015 Black Laramie CCSB 3500 SRW. Thuren Leveled With Fox 2.0 Shocks. Ride Rite Rear Air Bags With Wireless Airlift Onboard Air. 35" Toyos. All The Options Minus The Soot Cookers. RaceMe Ultra.

13. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
  14. Top Of Page | #220

User Info Menu

Need to clean the underneath to match the shiney new part. LOL

2015 2500 CCSW Outdoorsman black badging, ram matts black steps, XD Crank 801's with 35/12.50/18 Toyo MT's, tinted widows, BDS 2" leveling kit with shocks race me ultra, flo pro 5" turbo back exhaust

15. Likes Power247 liked this post
Page 22 of 148 FirstFirst ... 1220212223243272122 ... LastLast