Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  2
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Knocking sounds, dealer says CP3 denying warranty

1. Top Of Page | #11
    Old... But Still Here! AnOldBiker's Avatar

User Info Menu

Re: Knocking sounds, dealer says CP3 denying warranty

From your 1st comment on this thread, the truck is stock except the extra tank, correct ?

With or without the Cat filter, since all the stock filters are in place, I don't see how they can deny the warrantee ?
    Have you called another dealer, explained all this and see what they say ?

It's like you can be sold a vehicle with a warrantee and denied using the warrantee due to normal use.
    Something here stinks to high heaven.

Jim

2006 ~ 2500HD, Big Horn Edition, 5.9, 4x4, Q/Cab, 48RE, L/B, 3.73, S&B CAI & Snout, ProFlo 5" S/S exhaust, Smarty Touch, Oil ByPass Kit, 60 gal main tank, 110 gallon in-bed tank, XX-Fuel Filter System, Coolant Bypass Kit, Mag-Hytec front & rear end covers and trans pan, 285 x 70 x 17

"Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same, or one day we will spend our sunset years telling our children and our children’s children what it was once like in the United States, where men 'were' free." ~ Ronald Regan

2. Top Of Page | #12

User Info Menu

You are absolutely correct. There have been zero mods beyond. Beyond the filtered transfer tank. I have tried explaining it and what I'm being told even through Chrysler care is due to the modifications to the fuel system they do not care and will not even listen to reason.

3. Top Of Page | #13

User Info Menu

Before you see a lawyer, get their response in writing with title head. Sample report. Chryslers warrantee you have in writing ... then lawyer.

Not knowing the spare tank manufacture, see if they have anything in writing that will support you. I don't see and issue, except for the change in the fill tank hose for the spare inlet, maybe the holes for the tanks support bolts .. there are no truck modification on your fuel system. I'd still take this info to another dealer and try. Or get Chryslers phone number from them and call. My gut says it's this dealership as the stumbling block.

Jim

2006 ~ 2500HD, Big Horn Edition, 5.9, 4x4, Q/Cab, 48RE, L/B, 3.73, S&B CAI & Snout, ProFlo 5" S/S exhaust, Smarty Touch, Oil ByPass Kit, 60 gal main tank, 110 gallon in-bed tank, XX-Fuel Filter System, Coolant Bypass Kit, Mag-Hytec front & rear end covers and trans pan, 285 x 70 x 17

"Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same, or one day we will spend our sunset years telling our children and our children’s children what it was once like in the United States, where men 'were' free." ~ Ronald Regan

4. Likes RamHunter18 liked this post
  5. Top Of Page | #14

User Info Menu

Ok. I'll get that info.

I've tried the Chrysler care number and because the dealer went through the regional business center it is what it is per them. The only alternative is to take it to another dealer and see what they say. But they'll have to go through the same business center for the approval. I have an appointment with a performance shop tonight just to have them see if they agree and to pull the fuel samples as an expert witness if needed. I have been told by a few people that Chrysler is taking an extreme hard line against transfer tanks. Im thinking they've realized their filtration is no where near effective enough and they can save on warranty repairs. Figuring theres not enough of us to truly go after them.

My next issue is do I even believe them or say screw it. Install a fass and forget about the dealership. Because we all know how quickly legal fees will add up.

6. Top Of Page | #15

User Info Menu

FYI ...
    1. Dealers can help a lot .... "if they want to".
    2. The stock fuel filter is rated, I believe, at 7 micron. Your fuel system should have 5 micron or less per Bosch.
    3. Personally I believe in the 2 micron final filter with a fuel/water separator independent system feeding my stock filter system.

But if your stock fuel filter has the dealer recommended micron filter, even if the Cat is a 2 or 25 micron filter, your still feeding the CP3 with the proper filter fuel .. now ... how is the truck comprised ?

Jim

7. Top Of Page | #16

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by AnOldBiker View Post
    FYI ...
    1. Dealers can help a lot .... "if they want to".
    2. The stock fuel filter is rated, I believe, at 7 micron. Your fuel system should have 5 micron or less per Bosch.
    3. Personally I believe in the 2 micron final filter with a fuel/water separator independent system feeding my stock filter system.

But if your stock fuel filter has the dealer recommended micron filter, even if the Cat is a 2 or 25 micron filter, your still feeding the CP3 with the proper filter fuel .. now ... how is the truck comprised ?
    Exactly right- even a Fass fuel system is supposed to be warranty friendly as it has superior filtration. I can but believe but hate all this stink over adding fuel capacity.

Not it sure if it’s worth a shot but maybe calling your local Cummins dealership and asking them about auxiliary tanks will help with some info. My understanding is Cummins has a warranty and Ram has a warranty...BUT Cummins warranty is complete through Ram dealership.

i also second getting in writing what/how the warranty is voided exactly. This is the thing you will need to disprove. It would be easy to get in the weeds. Make them specify

2013 Ram 2500
    John 3:16 - Philippians 4:13

See what we are up to on:
    FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM
    Or Email me at:
    mike@ddpmotorsports.com
    www.ddpmotorsports.com

8. Top Of Page | #17

User Info Menu

I agree completely. If I only knew someone at dealer anywhere around who actually cared or at least that didn't drink the all modifications are bad cool aid. I might have a chance. Talked to an ex cummins tech. Said this BS is a huge part of why he left. He feels if there was truly anywhere near this supposed level of contamination. The truck would of been dead. Definitely changing my thoughts regarding a Chrysler warranty.

Jealous of all the guys that have dealers that actually have the ability to think for themselves.

9. Top Of Page | #18

User Info Menu

Thanks Texneck.

Per Rocky Mountain Cummins. They have zero ability to work on the Ram Cummins motors. They do not even have the computers to access the non-industrial engine applications.

I still appreciate the tip.

10. Top Of Page | #19

User Info Menu

15524478995802437764128313051819.jpg

Officially told to screw myself.

11. Top Of Page | #20

User Info Menu

Ok, they state they confirmed:
    a knock,
    they stated metal in the filters
    the verified you have an after market furl tank,
    they confirmed the Cat filter
    they confirmed it is attached to the main tank,
    they said what they feel needs t be done to fix it

What do they say is the cause ?

The installation of the spare tank ?
    You have their recommended fuel filter in place ? (How did this metal get past that ?)

Jim

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast