Thanks Thanks:  1
Likes Likes:  19

Thread: Squeak!!!

1. Top Of Page | #1

Squeak!!!

So since the day i put my Zone Level spacers on, Ive had a High pitched squeak from the driver front wheel well. Plan on digging into it tomorrow but any ideas on what could be causing it?

Only thing i can physically see is there’s a finger tip width gap between the stop on the isolator and end of coil spring. Would that cause a squeak?? All bolts and nuts are tight. No play in the shock mount.

Squeak occurs even with the slightest movement of the truck i.e. hopping into or out of it. Not related to turning the wheel or rotation of tires at all

Cheers

2006 Dodge Ram 2500 MCSB
    2016 Ram 2500 CCSB *SOLD*

2. Likes watersupply189 liked this post
  3. Top Of Page | #2

User Info Menu

Re: Squeak!!!

Does it squeak when you turn or just when the suspension compresses? I had a phantom squeak on my 14 2500 that I chased for 7 or 8 months. Mine has a 4.5” lift so it has a bigger change in the steering geometry than your leveling kit but my drag link would squeak a little when I’d turn and hit bumps. Then one day it just quit. I hate when things “magically” fix themselves. I did have a level kit on my 08 and the mounting bolts got loose and it caused a high pitch squeak. Drove me nuts trying to find that one. Good luck.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

4. Likes watersupply189 liked this post
  5. Top Of Page | #3

User Info Menu

This is why I love lift kits.

2003- 3500 RWD Automatic.
    S & B intake, BD Intercooler, Pusher Air Horn, MM3 Double R Tuning, Turbo Timer, electric Flex-a-lite fans, FASS 95,
    50 HP tips, upgrade to 351 turbo, 3.42 gears, Twin air compressors, air bags, Remote dual oil filters, Hellwig sway bar, Front Winch. Home made Fuel Heater, BD Exhaust brake with Torque Lock. Tons of TLC

6. Top Of Page | #4

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Polaraco View Post
    This is why I love lift kits.
    It’d be nice if the factory offered a lifted truck option for actual off-road use. That Power Wagon isn’t really a off-road workhorse. It don’t have a Cummins! I’ve always actually needed the extra ground clearance for going in and out of the woods. I do pre and post-harvest site prep for a big timber company here in TX and we get our money’s worth out of these things. It never fails though-mods usually lead to later repairs. Or at least in my case. A factory lift option covered by warranty would be awesome.

7. Likes watersupply189, Power247, david3gen liked this post
  8. Top Of Page | #5

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by easttxram View Post
    It’d be nice if the factory offered a lifted truck option for actual off-road use. That Power Wagon isn’t really a off-road workhorse. It don’t have a Cummins! I’ve always actually needed the extra ground clearance for going in and out of the woods. I do pre and post-harvest site prep for a big timber company here in TX and we get our money’s worth out of these things. It never fails though-mods usually lead to later repairs. Or at least in my case. A factory lift option covered by warranty would be awesome.

This is why my local dealer sells so many trucks with lifts installed by them. Yes you pay a premium for what you get, but it is on them if any issues arise.

Greg
    2012 | RAM 2500 | CCSB | Custom tuned by Double R Diesel
    2016 | Heartland Pioneer | DS310

Greg
    2019 | RAM 2500 | CCSB | 6.4 HEMI

9. Thanks Polaraco thanked for this post
    Likes watersupply189, david3gen, Polaraco liked this post
  10. Top Of Page | #6

Does it squeak when you turn or just when the suspension compresses? I had a phantom squeak on my 14 2500 that I chased for 7 or 8 months. Mine has a 4.5” lift so it has a bigger change in the steering geometry than your leveling kit but my drag link would squeak a little when I’d turn and hit bumps. Then one day it just quit. I hate when things “magically” fix themselves. I did have a level kit on my 08 and the mounting bolts got loose and it caused a high pitch squeak. Drove me nuts trying to find that one. Good luck.

Just compression. And rain has delayed my efforts to find the squeak

2006 Dodge Ram 2500 MCSB

11. Likes watersupply189 liked this post
  12. Top Of Page | #7

User Info Menu

My wife’s 2016 had the Rough country leveling kit with the shock mount extenders and the drivers side bolt though the original mounting position got just a little loose about 2 weeks after I installed it. It squeaked on compression. May be different on yours though. Just another rabbit to chase.

13. Likes watersupply189 liked this post
  14. Top Of Page | #8

My wife’s 2016 had the Rough country leveling kit with the shock mount extenders and the drivers side bolt though the original mounting position got just a little loose about 2 weeks after I installed it. It squeaked on compression. May be different on yours though. Just another rabbit to chase.

You're talking about the one with the flag nut? I'll check that out!

Also beginning to wonder if my use of WD-40 on the rubber bushing in the bottom of the new shock could be the culprit, though I doubt it

2006 Dodge Ram 2500 MCSB

15. Likes watersupply189 liked this post
  16. Top Of Page | #9

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by ViperCummins View Post
    You're talking about the one with the flag nut? I'll check that out!

Also beginning to wonder if my use of WD-40 on the rubber bushing in the bottom of the new shock could be the culprit, though I doubt it
    I wouldn’t discount the wd40 thought too quick. We had one of the guys that drove one of our dump trucks used it on a squeaky muffler mount on a the side of the cab and it across wade it worse and then it eventually broke the rubber down.

17. Likes watersupply189, Polaraco liked this post
  18. Top Of Page | #10

Turned out to be the lower bolt. Don’t know exactly what it was, but i loosened it and the squeak disappeared. Retightened and it’s still gone!

2006 Dodge Ram 2500 MCSB

19. Likes Power247, watersupply189 liked this post