Thanks Thanks:  3
Likes Likes:  10

Thread: New Tune

1. Top Of Page | #1

User Info Menu

New Tune

I poster in another thread about receiving a new tune file and wondered about the size of the file was correct. I want to download the new tunes to my truck but don't have the time to drive it around to get the trans to relearn. Question is, can I download the tunes and will the trans be ok until I get the chance to drive the 20-40 miles for he relearn?

2. Likes watersupply189 liked this post
  3. Top Of Page | #2

User Info Menu

Re: New Tune

Hey bud! Let's get a hold of the tuning master himself to help ya out.
    @Double R Diesel

Matthew 6:9-13, 2 Corinthians 5:20
    See what we are up to on:
    FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM
    Or Email us at:
    sales@ddpmotorsports.com
    www.ddpmotorsports.com

4. Likes watersupply189 liked this post
  5. Top Of Page | #3

User Info Menu

Mr. Ray will get you taken care of my friend!

Matthew 6:9-13, 2 Corinthians 5:20
    See what we are up to on:
    FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM
    Or Email us at:
    sales@ddpmotorsports.com
    www.ddpmotorsports.com

6. Likes watersupply189 liked this post
  7. Top Of Page | #4

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Jay6.7 View Post
    I poster in another thread about receiving a new tune file and wondered about the size of the file was correct. I want to download the new tunes to my truck but don't have the time to drive it around to get the trans to relearn. Question is, can I download the tunes and will the trans be ok until I get the chance to drive the 20-40 miles for he relearn?
    I don't quite understand the issue here.

Tune files are all different sizes depending on year model and file type.

ECM files are large. RTG files are small.

68RFE transmissions always have to relearn the CVI values after a full flash or program of the ecm with the ecm file. Just take it easy on the throttle for a few miles and all will be good.

Ray
    Double R Diesel, LLC
    www.doublerdiesel.com
    info@doublerdiesel.com

The Cummins Whisperer! John 3:16, Romans 10:9-10...Tuning for the Heart and Soul.

8. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
    Likes IGOTACUMMINS, watersupply189 liked this post
  9. Top Of Page | #5

User Info Menu

Thanks Ray. Yeah, I think I should have been a little more specific on the tune file and I have a 2013 ram. It shows 5mb ECMv3. Not quite sure if it's an RT file or just a revised trans tune I asked for. The guy that did the install got the tunes from T&K Performance. Quite frankly, im not that satisfied with these tunes and customer service. It took about a month and a half to get any tune file. My trans shifts are way to rough and man do the rpm lug out in the higher gears. I'm starting to think my trans isn't tuned at all. I am saving so I can order from Ray at DRD.

10. Thanks DRD thanked for this post
    Likes watersupply189, DRD liked this post
  11. Top Of Page | #6

User Info Menu

Thanks

12. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
    Likes watersupply189, IGOTACUMMINS liked this post
  13. Top Of Page | #7

User Info Menu

Update, just loaded and flashed my truck with the new ecm file that was sent to me. I really didn't get that much time behind the wheel to get a real feel for the trans learning. Only about 15-20 miles or so. Now it locks in 3rd for a short amount of time then shifts and locks into 4th, 5th and 6th. I know it's going to take a bit for the trans to relearn and hopefully it should clean up a bit. Would it be best to run my 15 hp tune instead of the 100hp for the relearn? Also, when in lockup and it's about to shift I noticed it flares out and then locks into the next gear, is that normal? And is it good to have a 3rd gear lockup? Thanks in advance

Can someone remove this same post in the fuel system 10-17 common rail section. I hadn't realized i was posting in the wrong one, sorry LOL.

14. Likes watersupply189 liked this post