Thanks Thanks:  4
Likes Likes:  35
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Exhaust

1. Top Of Page | #31

User Info Menu

Re: Exhaust

Quote Originally Posted by Ed's2013Ram3500 View Post
    I have the same setup with no muffler. If I got the kit with the muffler, there would be no way I could compete with at least 3 of my neighbors that I hear from the time they fire up their trucks in the morning until they fade off into the distance on their way to work.
    Haha!! I completely agree!! If you can’t hear me from a mile away, it’s not loud enough!

2012 Ram 2500, 4x4, 3.73, 5” lift, 35" tires, Pure Performance TB, 5100s, 4" FloPro TBE, EGR valve/cooler/throttle delete, S&B CAI, GDP heater delete, GDP S2 air horn, Bestop Powerboards, RaceME Ultra Warp Tuning by DRD

2. Top Of Page | #32

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by theaaronbush View Post
    Haha!! I completely agree!! If you can’t hear me from a mile away, it’s not loud enough!

2012 Ram 2500, 4x4, 3.73, 5” lift, 35" tires, Pure Performance TB, 5100s, 4" FloPro TBE, EGR valve/cooler/throttle delete, S&B CAI, GDP heater delete, GDP S2 air horn, Bestop Powerboards, RaceME Ultra Warp Tuning by DRD
    Agreed if it’s to loud your to old

2012 Cummins Ram 6.7L MM3 tuner full 5" Flo Pro TBE Exhaust LWBCC 4x4 Mag Hytec Double Deep Transmission Pan , Mag Hytec Rear Diff Cover
    Airlift part # 57595 7500lbs airbags ,Nitto Ridge Grapplers 35/12.50/20 on XD 829 Big Hoss ll Satin Black Machined Dark Tint 20 x 9 with + 18 offset rims,MM3 Tuner With full Custom Tunes by Ray at DRD , Autometer A13117 Pillar Pod , Edge 98004 mount adapter , Mag Hytec front diff cover, SuperNova V4 LED Headlight Bulbs

3. Thanks theaaronbush thanked for this post
    Likes 4kids2dogs&RV, theaaronbush liked this post
  4. Top Of Page | #33

User Info Menu

Guess I'm too old. The drone was unbearable towing a 12,000 lb camper. A straight through megaflow muffler did the trick for me.
    I've heard guys say that a 5 inch exhaust is better than a 4 as far as drone goes. I have no experience with that however.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

2012 CCSB Saddle Brown Pearl... DRD tuned

5. Likes theaaronbush, rsabol77 liked this post
  6. Top Of Page | #34

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by TH-64 View Post
    Guess I'm too old. The drone was unbearable towing a 12,000 lb camper. A straight through megaflow muffler did the trick for me.
    I've heard guys say that a 5 inch exhaust is better than a 4 as far as drone goes. I have no experience with that however.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    I always heard the opposite! I thought the drone was worse with a 5” but I have no experience with a 5” to compare! I really wish that I would have just gotten it instead of the 4” to begin with!

7. Top Of Page | #35

User Info Menu

My 5” with muffler isn’t bad as far as drone. I’d like it louder but I don’t want that drone.

Now my s10 is running a 4” exhaust no mufflers.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

8. Top Of Page | #36

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by rsabol77 View Post
    My 5” with muffler isn’t bad as far as drone. I’d like it louder but I don’t want that drone.

Now my s10 is running a 4” exhaust no mufflers.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    My 5" flo pro with muffler running up to the 6000ft elevation up the side of our volcano at 1/2 throttle to 3/4 throttle... the drone gives me and my family a headache. LOL. I don't think I could live with a straight pipe haha. I'm old.

2012 Ram 3500 HO w/4.10
    Hellbent 2.5 level Bilstein 5100's
    Double R Diesel Warp tunes
    HPP egr delete
    FloPro 5" w/muffler
    CCV filter delete hose reroute to frame

9. Likes rsabol77, Power247 liked this post
  10. Top Of Page | #37

User Info Menu

If the drone is too much go with a FTE cork screw style muffler/resonator. I used this with 5" flo pro on my "09 and had the power without shaking my fillings out.

11. Top Of Page | #38

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Yamaha242LS View Post
    Looking at going to a 5" with muffler flo pro. Looking to see how you guys feel about it with drone. Right now I am running 4" to a 6" tip dumped before the rear axel. It drones horrible. Biggest mistake I've made with my truck yet. It does sound good outside throw.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    @Dude's Diesel Performance has a resonator that eliminates the drone. I believe it's Flo-Pro too. But it only comes in 4". I put one on mine. No restriction and is as quiet as a 4 wheeler even with a load. It sounds pretty good at the tailpipe, but I want power and quiet. The green machine is basically a sleeper.

Clayton has sold a few of these as I recall. Besides, 5 inch is a waste of money and gives you fitment issues. You'll also have to go over the axle because you don't have a lot of room. Those resonators are long.

I love mine. Wish I had one on my 08

2003- 3500 RWD Automatic.
    S & B intake, BD Intercooler, Pusher Air Horn, MM3 Double R Tuning, Turbo Timer, electric Flex-a-lite fans, FASS 95,
    50 HP tips, upgrade to 351 turbo, 3.42 gears, Twin air compressors, air bags, Remote dual oil filters, Hellwig sway bar, Front Winch. Home made Fuel Heater, BD Exhaust brake with Torque Lock. Tons of TLC

12. Likes david3gen liked this post
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234