Thanks Thanks:  6
Likes Likes:  13
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Balancing Beads

1. Top Of Page | #1

User Info Menu

Balancing Beads

Anybody try a variant of this, http://www.innovativebalancing.com/

After installing my current wheel setup, can't seem to get the perfect ride out of them.

2017 Ram 2500 Laramie, Taken care of by DRD, Carli Leveling Kit, RBP 94r 20x9 Wheels, and 35" Nitto Ridge Grapplers

1997 Dodge Ram 2500 Laramie, too many to list...

2. Top Of Page | #2

User Info Menu

Re: Balancing Beads

I haavent tried those yet but i did try some off brand balancing beads. I don't think i had enough so at certain speeds it would have a terrible wobble. At low speeds they did great. I hear mixed reviews on beads.

Matthew 6:9-13, 2 Corinthians 5:20
    See what we are up to on:
    FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM
    Or Email us at:
    sales@ddpmotorsports.com
    www.ddpmotorsports.com

3. Thanks FarmerJohn104 thanked for this post
    Likes Polaraco liked this post
  4. Top Of Page | #3

User Info Menu

Thanks @Dude's Diesel Performance, anybody else have any insight? @Custom Offsets

2017 Ram 2500 Laramie, Taken care of by DRD, Carli Leveling Kit, RBP 94r 20x9 Wheels, and 35" Nitto Ridge Grapplers

5. Top Of Page | #4

User Info Menu

Balancing beads have a tipping point of when its a good idea to run them. 35's is usually a tipping point of which to run, stick on or balancing beads. most guys at 37's will switch to balancing beads. Balancing beads will take a while to find a seat when you drive it, to say.

They're great for a bigger tire, 35's and under you're better off stick on weights!

Make sure to like us on Facebook!
    Want a good daily dose of custom trucks? Check our Instagram!
    We sell wheels& tires, lift kits, custom lighting, grills, light bars and more! Right Here!

6. Thanks FarmerJohn104 thanked for this post
    Likes walla2k5 liked this post
  7. Top Of Page | #5
    Old... But Still Here! AnOldBiker's Avatar

User Info Menu

I've never used them but have looked and read up on them. It seems many have tried different brands since they have been around for years. Per the manufactures reports they are useless at low speeds since they have to be moving constantly to baance out. They are made for something in speeds outside of the drive and parking lots. When they roll they are suppose to balance the wheels. But many reported they didn't work as stated and they had worn out tires and slight issues while driving like an unbalanced tire would give you.

These seem to be if'y and if you try, you should be ready to be very very hapy or be ready to buy another set of tires. As one guy said ... like a crap shoot ! So I have yet to try them ... and I'm one that tries many things .. if ..they sound good.

Let's us know what they do for you if you try them.

Jim

2006 ~ 2500HD, Big Horn Edition, 5.9, 4x4, Q/Cab, 48RE, L/B, 3.73, S&B CAI & Snout, ProFlo 5" S/S exhaust, Smarty Touch, Oil ByPass Kit, 60 gal main tank, 110 gallon in-bed tank, XX-Fuel Filter System, Coolant Bypass Kit, Mag-Hytec front & rear end covers and trans pan, 285 x 70 x 17

"Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same, or one day we will spend our sunset years telling our children and our children’s children what it was once like in the United States, where men 'were' free." ~ Ronald Regan

8. Thanks FarmerJohn104 thanked for this post
  9. Top Of Page | #6

User Info Menu

I've used balancing beads for years on several different trucks... with great results. When I had checked the tire size/application sheet, it showed which size bag to throw in each tire. However on the back, it said when using heavy tires, use the next size larger bag. I think the key for good results is using enough to do the job correctly.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

2012 CCSB Saddle Brown Pearl... DRD tuned

10. Thanks FarmerJohn104 thanked for this post
  11. Top Of Page | #7

User Info Menu

The issue is, I have RBP wheels that after they get balanced, there is 16 screws, 8 pieces of plastic chrome, and the center cap that get installed. I think that is enough to throw off the balance and is why I have an issue around 65-80. So, I'm thinking that I'll continue to use the standard weights to cover the majority of the work and then add some beads to see if it can fine tune the balance to hopefully get it back into balance. I've had the alignment done and wheels/tires balanced 2 different times at different locations with the same end result. It isn't that bad, just enough to annoy the crap out of me when I'm on the road for 6-8 hours, just like that dang TPMS light(one day)!

12. Likes walla2k5 liked this post
  13. Top Of Page | #8

User Info Menu

I am running them in my 38's from @Custom Offsets and they work great, no vibration at any speed. I bought some for my 1500 with 305/50/20's but have not tried them, I have never got those wheels and tires to balance right so I thought I would give them a try just have not done it yet.

Brent
    2017 Ram 2500 Limited / 6.7 / 68RFE / BDS 8" Lift / 38 x 13.5 Trail Grapplers / 20 x 10 Hostile Wheels
    2020 Ram 2500 Tradesman / 6.7 / 68RFE
    1993 W250 LE / 5.9 12V / G360 - 5 Speed

14. Thanks Custom Offsets thanked for this post
    Likes Custom Offsets liked this post
  15. Top Of Page | #9

User Info Menu

I use those on my Harley, they work at speeds greater than 35mph. Make sure you use enough for your tire size. Also on larger tires a combo of beads and weights my be the sweet spot as the beads don’t work as well for lateral issues.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

16. Likes FarmerJohn104, AnOldBiker liked this post
  17. Top Of Page | #10

User Info Menu

The problem is not the beads but the amount in there. The recommended amount the bead manufacturers suggest does not apply to these tires. Aggressive mud terrain, lift kits, custom rims, they all drastically change the dynamics of the wheel end assembly so although they might suggest 8oz, i would put in 12 or even 14oz to compensate for the added weight. Any tire tech guys will tell you that these tires are a pain to balance. I suggest using one of the companies with a tempered glass bead as they create a cling effect inside the tire so you remained balanced at lower speeds. http://www.counteractbalancing.com/

the benefits of beads, or rings are:
    - one time balance
    - readjust for new vibrations
    - they balance the whole wheel assembly, not just the tire and rim.

There is resonate frequency that is created between the suspensions rebound frequency, and the vibrations usually around highway speeds. This is why sometimes the vibrations will only appear at certain speeds and not others.

18. Thanks FarmerJohn104 thanked for this post
    Likes Firesqurt, FarmerJohn104, Power247, BrentM liked this post
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast