Thanks Thanks:  11
Likes Likes:  35
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: May be coming back to Cummins.

1. Top Of Page | #1

User Info Menu

May be coming back to Cummins.

Well I think I was told awhile back that I would be back in a Cummins after going to a 5.0 F150. Well I am looking at some 06 5.9s. Found one with 130k miles and clean as a whistle. I had a 13 6.7 and was pretty with it, it was all tuned up from Ray. What are some things I should look out for on it tomorrow when I go look? Hope all is well with everyone.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. Thanks cumminsbadgirl thanked for this post
  3. Top Of Page | #2

User Info Menu

Re: May be coming back to Cummins.

Rust, rear wheel wells, tailgate, and bottoms of the doors. The '06 was notorious for gauge cluster problems too, most notably the tach. Check for blow-by and make sure the transmission shifts as it should and fluid isn't burnt.

4. Thanks Yamaha242LS thanked for this post
  5. Top Of Page | #3

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Purn1973 View Post
    Rust, rear wheel wells, tailgate, and bottoms of the doors. The '06 was notorious for gauge cluster problems too, most notably the tach. Check for blow-by and make sure the transmission shifts as it should and fluid isn't burnt.
    What are guys doing when the gauge cluster fails?

6. Likes watersupply189, cumminsbadgirl liked this post
  7. Top Of Page | #4

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Yamaha242LS View Post
    Well I think I was told awhile back that I would be back in a Cummins after going to a 5.0 F150. Well I am looking at some 06 5.9s. Found one with 130k miles and clean as a whistle. I had a 13 6.7 and was pretty with it, it was all tuned up from Ray. What are some things I should look out for on it tomorrow when I go look? Hope all is well with everyone.

Good luck!

Greg
    2012 | RAM 2500 | CCSB | Custom tuned by Double R Diesel
    2016 | Heartland Pioneer | DS310

Greg
    2019 | RAM 2500 | CCSB | 6.4 HEMI

8. Thanks Yamaha242LS thanked for this post
    Likes watersupply189, cumminsbadgirl liked this post
  9. Top Of Page | #5

User Info Menu

Hey bud! Let me know if interested in a 2006 with 85k miles =D

Matthew 6:9-13, 2 Corinthians 5:20
    See what we are up to on:
    FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM
    Or Email us at:
    sales@ddpmotorsports.com
    www.ddpmotorsports.com

10. Thanks cumminsbadgirl thanked for this post
  11. Top Of Page | #6

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Dude's Diesel Performance View Post
    Hey bud! Let me know if interested in a 2006 with 85k miles =D
    I have to trade my F150 on whatever I end up doing. Cant afford two payments right now. If I could sell my truck I would be interested.

12. Likes watersupply189, cumminsbadgirl liked this post
  13. Top Of Page | #7

User Info Menu

It's about impossible to go from diesel pickup to gas. Tried once and lost about 4 grand

2016 2500 slt. 4x4. 20x10 moto metal 970s on 305-55-20. Fully deleted with mm3. 5 inch tbe.

14. Top Of Page | #8

User Info Menu

What are guys doing when the gauge cluster fails?

Lot's of "how to" video's here.

https://www.google.com/search?source...30.ZKDcCoUfIJA

15. Likes watersupply189, cumminsbadgirl liked this post
  16. Top Of Page | #9
    Old... But Still Here! AnOldBiker's Avatar

User Info Menu

Jim

2006 ~ 2500HD, Big Horn Edition, 5.9, 4x4, Q/Cab, 48RE, L/B, 3.73, S&B CAI & Snout, ProFlo 5" S/S exhaust, Smarty Touch, Oil ByPass Kit, 60 gal main tank, 110 gallon in-bed tank, XX-Fuel Filter System, Coolant Bypass Kit, Mag-Hytec front & rear end covers and trans pan, 285 x 70 x 17

"Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same, or one day we will spend our sunset years telling our children and our children’s children what it was once like in the United States, where men 'were' free." ~ Ronald Regan

17. Thanks Yamaha242LS thanked for this post
  18. Top Of Page | #10

User Info Menu

Other than dashboards, I can't think of anything unusual about them. As long as the trans wasn't abused it will probably be OK for a while yet. 48's are usually pretty good under normal driving. A lot of local driving wears down the frictions. Best thing to do, if you're really interested in it is have the pan dropped and inspect the debri in the pan. A lot of mud on the magnet is OK, But flakes and metal are bad. Bargaining chip. I can tell you how to build a long lasting city/highway/towing trans

2003- 3500 RWD Automatic.
    S & B intake, BD Intercooler, Pusher Air Horn, MM3 Double R Tuning, Turbo Timer, electric Flex-a-lite fans, FASS 95,
    50 HP tips, upgrade to 351 turbo, 3.42 gears, Twin air compressors, air bags, Remote dual oil filters, Hellwig sway bar, Front Winch. Home made Fuel Heater, BD Exhaust brake with Torque Lock. Tons of TLC

19. Thanks Yamaha242LS thanked for this post
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast