Thanks Thanks:  18
Likes Likes:  24
Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: New to this site and to Cummins

1. Top Of Page | #21

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Wildkarrd RRD View Post
    Have injectors tested first. And check them out, make sure they are correct injectors and nozzles. Could be wrong nozzles, or oversized nozzles but no programmer to adjust timing. Why spend a bunch of money when it could be just a couple hundred dollars. As for fixing the cylinder, depends on how bad, could be as simple as a hone and new rings or full on bore and possibly sleeve, depending on if you wanna keep stock Pistons or go oversized. Might be to the point of needing new Pistons anyway... Just no way to know until you tear into it

Sent from a Well Head
    Thanks for the info I'm gonna wait until I get my compression tester to tear into it when injectors come out I'll send them out for testing and go from there I tried to do a injector kill test and a cylinder power balance test on all 5 scan tools at work but none of them would communicate so was unable to run tests

Sent by me

2. Top Of Page | #22

User Info Menu

I'm going to take a few pics tomorrow and post them maybe someone will chime with good news or bad

Sent by me

3. Top Of Page | #23
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by dmuney View Post
    Thanks for the info I'm gonna wait until I get my compression tester to tear into it when injectors come out I'll send them out for testing and go from there I tried to do a injector kill test and a cylinder power balance test on all 5 scan tools at work but none of them would communicate so was unable to run tests

Sent by me
    That sounds kinda fishy. If one scan tool wouldn't communicate that's one thing, but 5, somethings up there. I'd recommend digging into that as well. As for the injectors, hit up accurate diesel. He's a vendor on here and a great guy. Very knowledgeable, and will make sure your taken care of

Sent from a Well Head

4. Top Of Page | #24

User Info Menu

That sounds kinda fishy. If one scan tool wouldn't communicate that's one thing, but 5, somethings up there. I'd recommend digging into that as well. As for the injectors, hit up accurate diesel. He's a vendor on here and a great guy. Very knowledgeable, and will make sure your taken care of

Sent from a Well Head
    Yes I agree I'm trying to diagnose the no communication problem this weekend . It's actually what I do everyday on customer cars so a few hrs. At most and I'll figure it out

Sent from my QTAQZ3 using Tapatalk

5. Top Of Page | #25

User Info Menu

Ok new information so I had to drive my truck my daughter was trapped at home during a flood so I drove threw 3 to 4 ft of water but right after we left the flood we stopped to get a bite to eat when we got back in the truck it started and seemed like it was running perfect didn't miss a beat so the next day I decided to drive it a little more I put about 20 miles on it and went home. Had to make a run to the store and when I left it was running like crap again so when I got home I took a short video

Sent by me

6. Top Of Page | #26
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

For some reason I can't get the video to play... Running fine the back to crap... That's a little odd

Sent from a Well Head

7. Top Of Page | #27

User Info Menu

For some reason I can't get the video to play... Running fine the back to crap... That's a little odd

Sent from a Well Head
    Yes odd in deed tomorrow is dedicated to my no communication problem. In the video you can hear it running I think this might help I'll try to post it again

Sent from my QTAQZ3 using Tapatalk

8. Top Of Page | #28
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

I'm starting to think your truck is just possessed. LOL. I mean if the rings are as bad as it sounds, there's no way it should've been running right. Same with if the injectors were bad. Which makes me wonder, either just something screwy with the computer causing all your problems, or bad fuel, maybe both, but then again all that blow by can only really be caused by a few things... Another thought just popped into my dome tho, valves... Are they really noisey? Wondering if maybe just maybe 1 or 6 aren't seating fully or something along those lines that's causing pressure to escape into the valve cover and then thru the system, etc... Idk just brainstorming out loud. Be so much easier to help in person LOL

Sent from a Well Head

9. Top Of Page | #29

User Info Menu

I'm starting to think your truck is just possessed. LOL. I mean if the rings are as bad as it sounds, there's no way it should've been running right. Same with if the injectors were bad. Which makes me wonder, either just something screwy with the computer causing all your problems, or bad fuel, maybe both, but then again all that blow by can only really be caused by a few things... Another thought just popped into my dome tho, valves... Are they really noisey? Wondering if maybe just maybe 1 or 6 aren't seating fully or something along those lines that's causing pressure to escape into the valve cover and then thru the system, etc... Idk just brainstorming out loud. Be so much easier to help in person LOL

Sent from a Well Head
    Possessed maybe but I fixed my no communication problem and performed the injector kill tests and cyl 3 is where my problem is I'm going to swap 3 with 2 or 4 and do the tests again and see if the problem moves with the injector. I also was hoping that when I removed #3 I would find the copper washer would be missing or something. But that's probably asking for a lot. Anyways I'll let you know after I switch them hopefully tomorrow

Sent by me

10. Likes IGOTACUMMINS liked this post
  11. Top Of Page | #30

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast