Thanks Thanks:  11
Likes Likes:  11
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Steering stabilizer and steering box brace

1. Top Of Page | #1

User Info Menu

Steering stabilizer and steering box brace

Who makes the best ones? And dual or single steering stabilizers?

2015 3500 Cummins w/ aisin, Kore leveling kit, bilstien 5100 shocks, 35x12.5r20 duratracs, fuel kleavers, buschwacker max coverage flares, 40" curved rough country light bar in bumper, putco silver lux led headlights, air lift rear air bags wirelessONE with onboard air, carli track bar, carli lower steering stabalizer, synergy steering box brace, afe cold air intake, raceme ultra with warp tuning by double r diesel, 5" TBE flo pro, full pusher intake, fass 150.

2. Thanks HKBIGDADDYDIESELDAN thanked for this post
  3. Top Of Page | #2

User Info Menu

Re: Steering stabilizer and steering box brace

Quote Originally Posted by DcLOLinger View Post
    Who makes the best ones? And dual or single steering stabilizers?
    Dual steering stabilizer, a bunch of company's make them. Just be sure they are good shocks. Rough country, top gun customz are a couple. I have dual steering stabilizer and it helps. Steering box brace they are all the same pretty much.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

--Work gives you meaning and purpose, Life is empty without it--

4. Thanks DcLOLinger thanked for this post
  5. Top Of Page | #3

User Info Menu

For steering box braces a lot of companies are all very similar. The main thing to look for is that it's built with a square HSS tube for the cross brace and not just bent steel plate. I run the Hell Bent Steel brace on my truck and it's been great, no complaints at all. Rough Country and BD Diesel both make very similar braces.

For steering stabilizers I run a dual BDS setup with Fox 2.0's. Great setup in my opinion as it keeps everything nice and solid and in control up front. I can let go of my steering wheel running down the highway and the truck stays straight no problem. That's with a 9" lift, 22x12's and 37's.

6. Thanks HKBIGDADDYDIESELDAN, DcLOLinger thanked for this post
    Likes DcLOLinger liked this post
  7. Top Of Page | #4

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by brandonjansen View Post
    For steering box braces a lot of companies are all very similar. The main thing to look for is that it's built with a square HSS tube for the cross brace and not just bent steel plate. I run the Hell Bent Steel brace on my truck and it's been great, no complaints at all. Rough Country and BD Diesel both make very similar braces.

For steering stabilizers I run a dual BDS setup with Fox 2.0's. Great setup in my opinion as it keeps everything nice and solid and in control up front. I can let go of my steering wheel running down the highway and the truck stays straight no problem. That's with a 9" lift, 22x12's and 37's.

After reading until my brain brain was going to fall out I ended up ordering the carli lower stabilizer and an synergy steering brace. Thank you for your reply. I was looking at the bds duals as they look sweet!

2015 3500 Cummins w/ aisin, Kore leveling kit, bilstien 5100 shocks, 35x12.5r20 duratracs, fuel kleavers, buschwacker max coverage flares, 40" curved rough country light bar in bumper, putco silver lux led headlights, air lift rear air bags wirelessONE with onboard air, carli track bar, carli lower steering stabalizer, synergy steering box brace, afe cold air intake, raceme ultra with warp tuning by double r diesel, 5" TBE flo pro, full pusher intake, fass 150.

8. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
    Likes Power247, IGOTACUMMINS liked this post
  9. Top Of Page | #5

User Info Menu

You should get the Carli high mount as well as they are designed to work together, and correct different tire pulls.

Running both just gives you more ability to fine tune your alignment.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

2021 3500 Mega HO DRW

10. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS, DcLOLinger thanked for this post
    Likes IGOTACUMMINS, DcLOLinger liked this post
  11. Top Of Page | #6

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by RamIt View Post
    You should get the Carli high mount as well as they are designed to work together, and correct different tire pulls.

Running both just gives you more ability to fine tune your alignment.

it is on the long list of parts when money allows! Haha. Thank you!

12. Likes RamIt liked this post
  13. Top Of Page | #7
    Permanent Vacation CJC Off Road's Avatar

User Info Menu

On my trucks I have always gotten away with running a single Carli low mount. That was running 37" Toyo Mts as well. You can tune the stabilizer with nitrogen which allows you to correct for tire pull as well.

14. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
    Likes RamIt, IGOTACUMMINS liked this post
  15. Top Of Page | #8

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by CJC Off Road View Post
    On my trucks I have always gotten away with running a single Carli low mount. That was running 37" Toyo Mts as well. You can tune the stabilizer with nitrogen which allows you to correct for tire pull as well.
    Very true. But the low mount correct left tire pull while the high mount corrects for right tire pull. That's the word on the wire direct from Carli. Also, on the 10-12s they recommend running both together, on the 13+ you can run them independent.

Just putting what I was told out there, I know you guys know what you're doing.

2021 3500 Mega HO DRW

16. Top Of Page | #9
    Permanent Vacation CJC Off Road's Avatar

User Info Menu

I probably should have paid attention to the year of everyone's trucks. I have always had third gens. The radius arm trucks are opposite of the older ones in reference to stabilizer/tire pull with the stabilizers. A high mount will fight right pull on the newer trucks.

17. Thanks RamIt thanked for this post
    Likes RamIt liked this post
  18. Top Of Page | #10

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by CJC Off Road View Post
    I probably should have paid attention to the year of everyone's trucks. I have always had third gens. The radius arm trucks are opposite of the older ones in reference to stabilizer/tire pull with the stabilizers. A high mount will fight right pull on the newer trucks.

My trucj is a 2015 3500. I planned on doing the high mount as some point. Do you think it's a waste or should I? Most people said like you did and only did the lower unless doing serious off roading.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast