Thanks Thanks:  14
Likes Likes:  23
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Upgrades while deleting?

1. Top Of Page | #11

User Info Menu

Re: Upgrades while deleting?

LOL.. mufflers are cheap if you think it's too loud, I kept mine along with the other crap that "fell off"

IMHO, it really sounds good, I actually thought it was going to be louder than it is...definitely not as loud as my son's 01 5.9.

2. Top Of Page | #12

User Info Menu

Ya the kit he already ordered comes with the muffler so i figured I'd get both just in case LOL. How is it when your just puttin around town. Is it like head turning if you pass a cop? LOL

3. Top Of Page | #13

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by DcLOLinger View Post
    Ya the kit he already ordered comes with the muffler so i figured I'd get both just in case LOL. How is it when your just puttin around town. Is it like head turning if you pass a cop? LOL
    Not at all

2014 RAM 2500 TRADESMAN "SMOKED A BIT TURBO LIT AND THAT WAS IT"

4. Top Of Page | #14

User Info Menu

Sweet I'm stoked! Thanks for the help man.

5. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
    Likes IGOTACUMMINS, 4kids2dogs&RV liked this post
  6. Top Of Page | #15

User Info Menu

For what it's worth...

I ran a 4" straight pipe on my truck for almost 3 years. When I first deleted that's what I wanted, good and loud. However that really wears off after a while. Drone when towing was a pain, it was too loud in residential areas, too loud inside the cab, etc. I ended up swapping to a 5" Flo Pro with muffler and am FAR happier with that setup. The Flo Pro muffler is still a straight through design so it doesn't make it ridiculous quiet. It's still far louder than stock but has a really nice tone to it and doesn't drone. I wouldn't hesitate to run the muffler.

7. Top Of Page | #16

User Info Menu

This is why I'm confused. So many contradicting answers LOL. I got the delete pipe and flo pro muffler both coming so when I go pick it up if it's to loud I'll just have him throw the muffler on.

8. Likes Power247 liked this post
  9. Top Of Page | #17

User Info Menu

I have no clue I keep bugging him changing my order from muffler to straight pipe haha. I can't make up my mind. I'm scared muffler will be too quiet and straight pipe will be to loud. I guess if it was up to me with no worries I'd run it as loud as possible but I don't want to keep getting pulled over and messed with. But at the same time I don't want to put a muffler on and it sound pretty much stock LOL. I guess we will see what she sounds like when it's done and go from there
    Straight pipe no dang muffler you don't need it

2012 Cummins Ram 6.7L MM3 tuner full 5" Flo Pro TBE Exhaust LWBCC 4x4 Mag Hytec Double Deep Transmission Pan , Mag Hytec Rear Diff Cover
    Airlift part # 57595 7500lbs airbags ,Nitto Ridge Grapplers 35/12.50/20 on XD 829 Big Hoss ll Satin Black Machined Dark Tint 20 x 9 with + 18 offset rims,MM3 Tuner With full Custom Tunes by Ray at DRD , Autometer A13117 Pillar Pod , Edge 98004 mount adapter , Mag Hytec front diff cover, SuperNova V4 LED Headlight Bulbs

10. Top Of Page | #18

User Info Menu

This is why I'm confused. So many contradicting answers LOL. I got the delete pipe and flo pro muffler both coming so when I go pick it up if it's to loud I'll just have him throw the muffler on.
    No such thing as to loud if it is to loud you are to old
    LMAO

2012 Cummins Ram 6.7L MM3 tuner full 5" Flo Pro TBE Exhaust LWBCC 4x4 Mag Hytec Double Deep Transmission Pan , Mag Hytec Rear Diff Cover
    Airlift part # 57595 7500lbs airbags ,Nitto Ridge Grapplers 35/12.50/20 on XD 829 Big Hoss ll Satin Black Machined Dark Tint 20 x 9 with + 18 offset rims,MM3 Tuner With full Custom Tunes by Ray at DRD , Autometer A13117 Pillar Pod , Edge 98004 mount adapter , Mag Hytec front diff cover, SuperNova V4 LED Headlight Bulbs

11. Likes 4kids2dogs&RV, DcLOLinger liked this post
  12. Top Of Page | #19

User Info Menu

That's what I'm thinkin they older guys are the one saying put a muffler on �� LOL. Who knows we will find out in about a week

13. Top Of Page | #20

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by brandonjansen View Post
    For what it's worth...

I ran a 4" straight pipe on my truck for almost 3 years. When I first deleted that's what I wanted, good and loud. However that really wears off after a while. Drone when towing was a pain, it was too loud in residential areas, too loud inside the cab, etc. I ended up swapping to a 5" Flo Pro with muffler and am FAR happier with that setup. The Flo Pro muffler is still a straight through design so it doesn't make it ridiculous quiet. It's still far louder than stock but has a really nice tone to it and doesn't drone. I wouldn't hesitate to run the muffler.

is he calling you old mr jansen? haha

14. Likes brandonjansen liked this post
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast