Thanks Thanks:  4
Likes Likes:  23
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: 16 ram, deleteing....4 inch vs 5 inch.

1. Top Of Page | #11

User Info Menu

Re: 16 ram, deleteing....4 inch vs 5 inch.

Yeah that's the smart way to go, you can always add one later if you'd like.

2014 Ram Laramie 3500 CCSB 6.7 Cummins. 3.42 gears. EGR Delete. Flo~Pro 5 inch TBE. ARP 625's. GDP grid delete and S2. 464 BMP Turbo on 2nd Gen Manifold. BD Exhaust Brake. Fass 150G Fuel System. BBI 1.5's. Exergy 10mm Stroker Pump. RevMax 68RFE 700 Series. Dual remote oil filters. Thuren coils. Carli progressive leafs with Thuren Kings 2.5. AMP Steps. Snow Performance Water/Meth Stage 2. BDS Recoil Traction Bars.
    Nitto Ridge Grapplers 35's on 20 x 10 Fuel Vapors.

2. Top Of Page | #12

User Info Menu

Copied from another thread on the same subject....

I've personally run both a 4" straight pipe and a 5" with muffler on my truck. I'm far happier with the 5" with muffler setup without a doubt. It has a deeper, cleaner tone and cut down on cab noise/drone significantly. Overall it just sounds way better and isn't so ridiculously loud where it's rattling houses late at night.

I don't yet have a video put together of my 5" setup but I do have one of the 4" setup. It did still sound pretty good no doubt. Part of that has to do with the custom tuning I'm running from DoubleRDiesel.

I want to put one together with the 5" exhaust but at this point that isn't going to happen until the spring at the earliest unfortunately.

With my new exhaust I decided to go with an axle dump rather than out the back. With the overall look of my truck with the lift, stance, size of the pipe and tip it was the best looking option in my opinion. At the end of the day it all comes down to user preference though and what you like best.

3. Top Of Page | #13

User Info Menu

I put a 5" Flo pro on my truck and it's so quiet. I might put a muffler delete pipe in just to try.

Sent from my SM-N910W8 using Tapatalk

2016 Ram 3500 CCLB, BD Steering Brace, BDS Dual Steering Stabilizer, MM3 Warp tuning by DRD w/mm3 pyro, Flo-Pro 5" TBE w/muffler, ARP 625's, Flo-Pro EGR Delete

4. Top Of Page | #14

User Info Menu

This is my 2013 with a 5" turbo back straight pipe AFE exhaust. I also have an S&B intake, race me ultra tuner and the egr is still place but unplugged.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

5. Likes Chris_24V, RamIt liked this post
  6. Top Of Page | #15

User Info Menu

Well. Ordered the works today. Hpp egr delete, 5 inch ss flo pro straight pipe, and mm3 warp tuner/tuning from ray! Can't wait

7. Top Of Page | #16

User Info Menu

Getting ready to delete and would like to know which exhaust system does not have drone noise. Mostly highway towing 18000lbs? Truck just turned problem free 105000 miles

2015 3500 Mega DRW Aisan Deep Cherry Red

8. Top Of Page | #17

User Info Menu

We love the Flo~Pro!!!

"The grass is greener where you water it"

9. Likes Chris_24V liked this post
  10. Top Of Page | #18

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by boatman22 View Post
    Getting ready to delete and would like to know which exhaust system does not have drone noise. Mostly highway towing 18000lbs? Truck just turned problem free 105000 miles
    If you're towing you'll want a muffler for sure to keep the drone down. With my old 4" straight pipe setup the highway drone was terrible when towing because of the higher rpm (2000-2300 or so). I haven't done any significant towing with the 5" and muffler yet to compare but the in cab noise is quieter all around so I expect it to be much better towing as well.

I'd recommend Flo Pro as well. They make some of the best systems around in my opinion.

11. Top Of Page | #19

User Info Menu

If you can wait a week, I should be getting my truck back from the body shop next week. (It's been there since 2 Nov getting hail damage fixed).
    I have the 5" Flo-Pro w/ muffler on right now and will be removing the muffler to see what the difference is between with and without. However I don't think I'll have the need to hook up the camper for a while.

12. Top Of Page | #20

User Info Menu

I noticed that the Flo-Pro kits do not fit trucks with rear air. I sent an email to tech support and they replied "Sorry, none of our kits will work with the air ride suspension."

2015 3500 Mega DRW Aisan Deep Cherry Red

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast