Thanks Thanks:  5
Likes Likes:  10

Thread: head studs?

1. Top Of Page | #1

User Info Menu

head studs?

so whats the opinion on the head studs for the 6.7l 425's or 625's ? just curious I wanna do mine just looking for opinions

2. Top Of Page | #2

User Info Menu

Re: head studs?

My opinion 625's. Here is a link about the same topic lots of good opinions and questions in this thread. My opinion as well as several others are in there.

https://www.igotacummins.com/threads...ARP-425-vs-625

3. Likes AnOldBiker liked this post
  4. Top Of Page | #3

User Info Menu

I went with the 625's because once you put them in that's it. With the 425's you have to go back in and re-torque them big pain the a$$. For the difference of about $500 IMO it's worth it.

2014 Ram Laramie 3500 CCSB 6.7 Cummins. 3.42 gears. EGR Delete. Flo~Pro 5 inch TBE. ARP 625's. GDP grid delete and S2. 464 BMP Turbo on 2nd Gen Manifold. BD Exhaust Brake. Fass 150G Fuel System. BBI 1.5's. Exergy 10mm Stroker Pump. RevMax 68RFE 700 Series. Dual remote oil filters. Thuren coils. Carli progressive leafs with Thuren Kings 2.5. AMP Steps. Snow Performance Water/Meth Stage 2. BDS Recoil Traction Bars.
    Nitto Ridge Grapplers 35's on 20 x 10 Fuel Vapors.

5. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
    Likes IGOTACUMMINS, AnOldBiker liked this post
  6. Top Of Page | #4

User Info Menu

Either way you go, give Ray @Double R Diesel a call he handles ARP

2014 Ram Laramie 3500 CCSB 6.7 Cummins. 3.42 gears. EGR Delete. Flo~Pro 5 inch TBE. ARP 625's. GDP grid delete and S2. 464 BMP Turbo on 2nd Gen Manifold. BD Exhaust Brake. Fass 150G Fuel System. BBI 1.5's. Exergy 10mm Stroker Pump. RevMax 68RFE 700 Series. Dual remote oil filters. Thuren coils. Carli progressive leafs with Thuren Kings 2.5. AMP Steps. Snow Performance Water/Meth Stage 2. BDS Recoil Traction Bars.

7. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
    Likes IGOTACUMMINS, AnOldBiker liked this post
  8. Top Of Page | #5

User Info Menu

whats the price of the 625's?

9. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
    Likes IGOTACUMMINS liked this post
  10. Top Of Page | #6

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by rescue74198 View Post
    whats the price of the 625's?
    Pm Ray @Double R Diesel I can't speak for him, but he'll get you a good deal.

11. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
    Likes IGOTACUMMINS liked this post
  12. Top Of Page | #7
    Permanent Vacation Diesel Dawgs Performance's Avatar

User Info Menu

You can torque the 625s to a higher value without an issue of them stretching or breaking. Under most applications 425's work just fine.

13. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post