Thanks Thanks:  2
Likes Likes:  14
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Service DEF system.. see dealer.. AGAIN!

1. Top Of Page | #1

User Info Menu

Service DEF system.. see dealer.. AGAIN!

Hi All, I'm having some issues with my '14 Ram 2500 Megacab. Truck currently has 103k miles. I've owned it since December and 90k miles. It is my DD and I tow a 5th wheel toyhauler that weighs just under 15k loaded. About 5-6 weeks ago I was towing home from Disney, Ok and my truck said Service DEF system, see dealer, and started counting down from 200 miles until limp mode. I got home with less than 40 miles to go. Took it to dealer and they said I had a DEF injector stuck open. Cost an arm and a leg for something I likely could've done but didn't realize it at the time.. A couple weeks ago I got a check engine light showing P20EE, so I started looking at options to get rid of all this crud.. I cleared the CEL to see if it would come back again. This weekend, again towing home from Disney, the Service DEF crap came on again.. I'm not going back to the dealer... I'd like to do all the work myself. I'm not certain what the truck is complaining about now. Don't know if DEF injector again, or another component in the system. I'll hook my odb scanner up after work today to see.

Planning on ordering Raceme, still not sure from where, EGR delete and exhaust. I live in Ks, so we do get salt on roads in winter so thinking of SS exhaust. Still trying to determine if I need turbo back, or just race pipe? I do want a muffler on it. Don't plan on doing anything wild, just want it reliable. I never had any issues with my '08 cummins.. without DEF.. I've had a few people try to point me to EFI live, and nothing against it, I like the raceme setup. I've read a couple giant threads on here about raceme; tons of info! Thanks!

Any gotchas I need to consider?
    Is EGR delete better than just unplug?
    Anything special about any of the exhaust systems?
    Who has best prices on raceme?

Thanks,
    nibs

2. Likes ligon55 liked this post
  3. Top Of Page | #2

User Info Menu

Re: Service DEF system.. see dealer.. AGAIN!

Quote Originally Posted by nibs75 View Post
    Hi All, I'm having some issues with my '14 Ram 2500 Megacab. Truck currently has 103k miles. I've owned it since December and 90k miles. It is my DD and I tow a 5th wheel toyhauler that weighs just under 15k loaded. About 5-6 weeks ago I was towing home from Disney, Ok and my truck said Service DEF system, see dealer, and started counting down from 200 miles until limp mode. I got home with less than 40 miles to go. Took it to dealer and they said I had a DEF injector stuck open. Cost an arm and a leg for something I likely could've done but didn't realize it at the time.. A couple weeks ago I got a check engine light showing P20EE, so I started looking at options to get rid of all this crud.. I cleared the CEL to see if it would come back again. This weekend, again towing home from Disney, the Service DEF crap came on again.. I'm not going back to the dealer... I'd like to do all the work myself. I'm not certain what the truck is complaining about now. Don't know if DEF injector again, or another component in the system. I'll hook my odb scanner up after work today to see.

Planning on ordering Raceme, still not sure from where, EGR delete and exhaust. I live in Ks, so we do get salt on roads in winter so thinking of SS exhaust. Still trying to determine if I need turbo back, or just race pipe? I do want a muffler on it. Don't plan on doing anything wild, just want it reliable. I never had any issues with my '08 cummins.. without DEF.. I've had a few people try to point me to EFI live, and nothing against it, I like the raceme setup. I've read a couple giant threads on here about raceme; tons of info! Thanks!

Any gotchas I need to consider?
    Is EGR delete better than just unplug?
    Anything special about any of the exhaust systems?
    Who has best prices on raceme?

Thanks,
    nibs
    Well as far as purchasing from I would talk to @Double R Diesel, he will do you right, best customer service out of any business I've ever encountered. I live in KS also where about are you at?

4. Likes nibs75, ligon55 liked this post
  5. Top Of Page | #3

User Info Menu

Wichita area. Double R is the place I think I'm going to buy from. Everything I've read here, they seem to be the place to shop!

6. Top Of Page | #4

User Info Menu

Definitely talk with Ray. He is THE man on these RaceME systems.

As far as exhaust, I ordered the FloPro 4'' with muffler that goes from downpipe back.

On the EGR you can leave everything plugged in and let the RaceME turn off the EGR. I went ahead and unhooked all of mine.

7. Top Of Page | #5

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by nibs75 View Post
    Wichita area. Double R is the place I think I'm going to buy from. Everything I've read here, they seem to be the place to shop!
    I live in Manhattan, so if you need help I will help you, I would hate for you to spend that much money on the RaceMe then turn around and pay someone to put it on for you. So if you need help I would be more than happy to help just ask.

8. Thanks nibs75 thanked for this post
    Likes theaaronbush liked this post
  9. Top Of Page | #6

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by SB09 View Post
    Definitely talk with Ray. He is THE man on these RaceME systems.

As far as exhaust, I ordered the FloPro 4'' with muffler that goes from downpipe back.

On the EGR you can leave everything plugged in and let the RaceME turn off the EGR. I went ahead and unhooked all of mine.
    I see your point, but with the amount of miles he has on the truck, he might as well just get rid of he EGR.

10. Likes theaaronbush liked this post
  11. Top Of Page | #7

User Info Menu

You'll also get a discounts from Ray for being a lifetime member here.

↪Ask us how to become a Lifetime Platinum Member today!↩

"The grass is greener where you water it"

12. Top Of Page | #8

User Info Menu

Yes, I am out of warranty so not worried about removing stuff. I'm capable of doing everything, at least I think I am. On my '08 I cleaned my EGR cooler at 65k, and did all other maintenance. I don't have a great workspace as my truck barely fits in my garage.. too many toys. 1st world problems.. LOL I think I will pay up to become lifetime member as I'm about to spend a little and imagine I'll get some of it back in discounts. Plus, who doesn't need another hoodie?

13. Likes TX NIGHT TRAIN, Power247 liked this post
  14. Top Of Page | #9

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by beans20 View Post
    I see your point, but with the amount of miles he has on the truck, he might as well just get rid of he EGR.
    I do agree. He is well out of the warranty stage.

15. Top Of Page | #10

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by SB09 View Post
    I do agree. He is well out of the warranty stage.
    Yes he is, and if he decides to sell in the future most likely with that amount of miles whoever buys it will want it already deleted.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast