Thanks Thanks:  1,458
Likes Likes:  2,874
Page 92 of 253 FirstFirst ... 42829091929394102142192 ... LastLast

Thread: RaceME Ultra Update and Upcoming RaceME Custom Tuning

1. Top Of Page | #911

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by RamIt View Post
    Well I ran out and plugged the RaceME up to the OBD real quick just to test functionality. Everything is good to go! And I'm happy to report that the RaceME appears to function without issue using the AMP Pass Thru OBD splitter...so if anyone is running AMP steps through their OBD port, you don't have to hack things up!
    Just to be safe, I would not use the splitter and hook your Ultra directly to the OBD port when flashing your truck. Once that is done, hook the AMP steps back up.

Ray
    Double R Diesel, LLC
    www.doublerdiesel.com
    info@doublerdiesel.com

The Cummins Whisperer! John 3:16, Romans 10:9-10...Tuning for the Heart and Soul.

2. Thanks RamIt, oneshotkyle thanked for this post
    Likes oneshotkyle liked this post
  3. Top Of Page | #912

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Double R Diesel View Post
    Just to be safe, I would not use the splitter and hook your Ultra directly to the OBD port when flashing your truck. Once that is done, hook the AMP steps back up.

Ray
    Double R Diesel, LLC
    www.doublerdiesel.com
    info@doublerdiesel.com
    Yep, that was my thought too! I do wonder if the splitter would cause issues with the OTF tuning though. But I doubt it. The monitoring was real time across the board, but thats obviously only one way communication.

4. Top Of Page | #913

User Info Menu

Should my race me ultra trans-OT temperature be running this high

5. Top Of Page | #914

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Donnieram2012 View Post
    There is a little firmware bug that causes some of the OEM gauges not read accurate. You should see the accurate trans temp with your trucks EVIC.

Ray
    Double R Diesel, LLC
    www.doublerdiesel.com
    info@doublerdiesel.com

The Cummins Whisperer! John 3:16, Romans 10:9-10...Tuning for the Heart and Soul.

6. Top Of Page | #915

User Info Menu

Mine would run 170's on evic and raceme +/-

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

7. Thanks DRD thanked for this post
    Likes DRD liked this post
  8. Top Of Page | #916

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Matt C Moore View Post
    Mine would run 170's on evic and raceme +/-

I think it's a firmware glitch in later models. Mine works fine also in my 15.

2015 Black Laramie CCSB 3500 SRW. Thuren Leveled With Fox 2.0 Shocks. Ride Rite Rear Air Bags With Wireless Airlift Onboard Air. 35" Toyos. All The Options Minus The Soot Cookers. RaceMe Ultra.

9. Thanks DRD, IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
    Likes Matt C Moore, DRD, IGOTACUMMINS liked this post
  10. Top Of Page | #917

User Info Menu

This might sound crazy but last weekend I completely removed my def tank. I was running stock with deletes because of the blue smoke and surging. After I got done I retuned my truck with the 150hp and defaults and I have to say what a difference. I don't see how having the def tank electrical connections removed could make a difference but its the only thing I changed. I have been running all week like this problem free. Anybody that has these problems still have the tank in place and plugged in?

Sold. 1999 2500 24v auto. 53 block casualty. Edge comp, 5" exhaust, intake, leveled on 37s
    Sold. 1992 2500 reg cab 5 speed. pods, sb clutch, terrible paintjob
    Sold. 2004 3500 single wheel ccsb. udc tuned smarty, G56 swapped from auto, dual disc valair, ladder bars, 2nd gen swapped manifold, super b special, arp studded, 33% pump, 60hp injectors and bunch of other stuff that I forgot about.

11. Thanks DRD thanked for this post
    Likes DRD liked this post
  12. Top Of Page | #918

User Info Menu

I would guess it had something to do with the "retune". This might sound crazy too, but I'm guessing for some of you with issues it could maybe be the conditions that you're tuning in?? As in not only voltage, but all conditions. Truck temp, ambient temp anything maybe. Which still isn't right if this is the case. I mean I can see proper voltage being important obviously. But if say the alpine stereo is causing something to go wrong, than that's not right. LOL I'm totally guessing, but I just don't see removing def tank being the fix, as much as I can maybe see something was different when you retuned this time and whatever it was, worked good maybe. Totally guessing, and just throwing thoughts out.

2015 Black Laramie CCSB 3500 SRW. Thuren Leveled With Fox 2.0 Shocks. Ride Rite Rear Air Bags With Wireless Airlift Onboard Air. 35" Toyos. All The Options Minus The Soot Cookers. RaceMe Ultra.

13. Top Of Page | #919

User Info Menu

That's my gut feeling on it too so I figured I would throw it out there and see if anyone else has some luck. I did also try hooking up my cummins insite but it would not communicate. It recognized that it was hooked to an ecm but would not link. Also if I put my esn into quickserve it refers me to the Mopar tech authority site to purchase a service manual from dodge. Dodge seems to be locking down on this stuff as time goes on. Anybody ever get insite to work on a 13+ truck?

Sold. 1999 2500 24v auto. 53 block casualty. Edge comp, 5" exhaust, intake, leveled on 37s
    Sold. 1992 2500 reg cab 5 speed. pods, sb clutch, terrible paintjob
    Sold. 2004 3500 single wheel ccsb. udc tuned smarty, G56 swapped from auto, dual disc valair, ladder bars, 2nd gen swapped manifold, super b special, arp studded, 33% pump, 60hp injectors and bunch of other stuff that I forgot about.

14. Top Of Page | #920

User Info Menu

When you guys tune are you in ACC or START

Page 92 of 253 FirstFirst ... 42829091929394102142192 ... LastLast